Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I've never seen the numbers this low before on Forex

rtrusty

Is this normal?

Symbol Bid Ask High Low Open Change Time

USD/IQD 1,131.5000 1,176.2000 1,131.5000 1,131.5000 1,131.5000 0.0000 11:36

Basically the Ask price is the highest point in bidding relative to trying to sell the USD against the IQD. You never see a bid price higher than the ask price. When you see a bid of 1131,and an ask of 1176, that means that the dinar is stronger relative to the USD. But usually, this is an indication that the dollar is weaker, not necessarily that the dinar is stronger. However, the USD has shown greater strength in the past few weeks, as some are considering it a safe haven in the global economy still, but my main point is that this type of trend bears watching to see if there is any additional strengthening of the dinar. However, forex will reopen at 5:00 ET Sunday, so we can see if there is any changes then, but most likely will not know anything till about 7:00 AM Monday, unless it is updated live like the major currencies.

• Upvote 3

happens from time to time when you see a drop in the value of the usd...and this is one of those times

usd dropped to 79.15 from its previous high of 81.250 so the fluctuation that you see on the forex is probably due the weakening dollar, as unitedrich has pointed out, the usd has been getting stronger as of late, but it did drop some on Friday

usually I would say and not because of movment on the iqd, but this time it might be possible there is a little bit of strengthening of the iqd that is part of this fluctuation as the dollars drop was not as significant as the last time we saw the iqd go down to I think about 1030 back in early november when the usd dropped to the 76 range.

either way, it is not to big of a deal as we are looking for it to drop big time for the returns we seek

here is link to histogram of usdx (us dollar index)

http://netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-time-forex-charts/FinanceChartPopUp.aspx?symbol=!DXX|ms_dla&name=US Dollar Index

and here is link to histogram of usd/iqd

http://netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-exchange-rates/real-time-forex-charts/FinanceChartPopUp.aspx?symbol=USDIQDCOMP.fx|ms_dla&name=USD/IQD

I personally like to use netdania for watching the forex as I can add what I want to watch, and it allows more options that you can set up and keep for each time you open it

I have mine set to show usd/iqd, eur/iqd, usdx, gold and oil

hope this helps

Edited by RVDinar4MyFamily
  • Upvote 3

Basically the Ask price is the highest point in bidding relative to trying to sell the USD against the IQD. You never see a bid price higher than the ask price. When you see a bid of 1131,and an ask of 1176, that means that the dinar is stronger relative to the USD. But usually, this is an indication that the dollar is weaker, not necessarily that the dinar is stronger. However, the USD has shown greater strength in the past few weeks, as some are considering it a safe haven in the global economy still, but my main point is that this type of trend bears watching to see if there is any additional strengthening of the dinar. However, forex will reopen at 5:00 ET Sunday, so we can see if there is any changes then, but most likely will not know anything till about 7:00 AM Monday, unless it is updated live like the major currencies.

Thanks for your answer Rich.

Who said you can't teach and old dog a trick or two.LOL