Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Slappenu intel

Snickers77

After having lived and done business in Iraq and Kuwait for the last 5 years, I totally

agree with the comments here.

I often hear people say, " Why can't they hurry up, and form a Government, or

R/V the dinar , Get the Oil pumping etc?

It all has to with "Enshala (if God wills it, or it was God's Will)", its just their way.

There are many things I admire in Arab Culture, their Dedication to God and

Family (two paramont things that American Culture is in danger of losing).

They do not have the American Work Ethic. It's the first thing, one must understand.

It drives you batty when conducting business, but after a while you just realise

its their way of doing things and mark it down as a cost in doing business in the

Sandbox.

Aloha!

I'm sorry..... you must be muslim or very uninformed

dedication to their religion. not the living God in heaven

Honor killing family members

Not in the Bible belt of this country

who is this slappenu dude anyway? for that matter who am i even?

You sound like a cookie...................slappenu sounds like a big nose french man.. wee

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not to sound negative (or too ignorant for that matter), but I was wondering the same thing....

I don't know alot about Islam, but I do know they have prayer time every four hours or so, day and night.....

Could someone enlighten if there is a weekly or routine 'coorporate' gathering in Islam?

Thx!

I don't understand what your being negative about or what you need to be enlightened about... why do you think Islamic people don't go to a place of worship?

• Upvote 1

WOW! No offense to anyone but many here are totally clueless due to western culture. I happen to have a Phd in Theology and have studied world religions for over 25 years. Unlike western culture you must understand that the Koran is not only a religion but a government structure and judcial covering as well.

The leader of a mosque, called Imam, Mullah or muezzin, not only relays to the people the teaching from the Koran but also gives them information about current events in their region or country. This is common in all of the middle east and is the main way information is disseminated.

Why do you think so many uprisings and protests have occured in the middle east so quickly after events have transpired? The populace does not hae radio or television but they almost all, around 90%, requent their local Mosque and recieve their information from their spiritual leaders.

Attending a Mosque in the middle east is not like going to a Baptist , Methodist or Catholic churh in the United States where you get a 20 minute sermon, sing a couple of songs and go home. In Islam you may have a service for over 2 hours that covers al topics that will affect the members both spiritually, economicaly and militarialy.

As we have many aricles refering to alerting the Iraqis to the change in currency it absolutely would be one avenue the government would useto get this information out! This would be a normal thing in Muslim culture to be told what is happening at church, unlike the United states where we would hear about it on CNN or FOX.

• Upvote 11

im in egypt right now,,,iv been working here 7 yrs now.... on a rotaion that is...but friday is to them as sunday is to the people in the states...sunday is the beginning of the work week and it ends on thursday afternoon,,,but still in all they prey 5 times a day 7 days a week,,,

• Upvote 1

Mongo,

I'm not Muslim, but definitly, want no part of any religon

your involved in.

Remember Gods word teaches that before, we judge

others, we should start with self inspection first, not

all Muslims are bad (or extreme), and not all

Christains practice God's Love (yes, even those

in the Bible Belt).

Aloha and Peace Brother!

Hawaii K

• Upvote 3

FIREFIGHTER -

I'M WITH YOU.........................IT "WILL HAPPEN, WHEN IT HAPPENS AT WHAT PRICE THEY SET", WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT, SIT TIGHT, GO ABOUT OUR

DAILY BUSINESS. DON'T FORGET FAMILY AND FRIEND....................AND TAKE IT EASY...............................

I HAVE TO TELL YOU, I WAS GETTING SO WORKED UP, I ENDED UP GETTING MYSELF "SICK" OVER THIS.............................HAD TO PUSH MYSELF AWAY FROM

THE COMPUTER. AND GET BACK INTO THE GAME OF LIFE...........................

AND ONLY THE GOOD LORD ABOVE KNOWS WHEN THIS WORLD CHANGING, HISTORY MAKING EVENT WILL OCCUR.............................

GO GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR BLESSING YOU AND MAKING YOU A "WITNESS" TO THIS EVENT. AS WELL AS A BLESSING TO YOU AND YOURS.

GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMAN OF THE ARMED FORCES, GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ WHO HAVE BEEN THRU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, GOD BLESS

EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES...............................AND GOD BLESS THE U.S. OF A...................................WHAT A COUNTRY......................NO, IT'S NOT

PERFECT...................................BUT IT WILL DO.........................

DRAVMORRIS2 :lol:

• Upvote 1

Firefighter_218546, you are so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No-one knows outside of a very small group of people who would not leak this this information because they know their lives depend on it. Speculation keeps us going and good deal of faith and economic insight. However, our greatest asset at this time will be patience....... this could happen before Jan 1, 2011 or it could take a few more months. That's just the way it is!!

Didn't you guys hear about the bombings in Iraq against the Catholic Churches recently? Yes, churches!! Come on, keep up. smile.gif Google Iraq news feed and it will give you a minute by minute update, 24 hour update, ect.

Bravo! Applause someone with genuine fact! There are many Christian Churches in Iraq and didn't you know there is a Christian sect also known as the Christian Tribe? BTW they are represented in the GOI as well.

Thank you for your post and the original intel by Sheppenau.biggrin.gif

God Bless America!

A couple of things...

1. When slappenu first made the post I knew and understood he was talking about Muslim mosaics and not Christian churches. Today I asked him for clarification and he replied ...2:42 PM [slappenu] gizmo i used church because people didn't understand the meaning of pulpit!!!

2. He also said his brother was married to an Iraqi.. that's where the information comes from.

I finally have something to agree with pleasantvalleySunday on. Just kidding... ;)

Their culture is so different than ours. You see for them, they would see it as a massive mistake to do anything having to do with work, business, talking about the economy on a holy day. :o

Iraq is a little more modern then you would think unless you never been there. I think there would MANY other ways to get the message across before desecrating what they consider a holy day. :blink:

This is definitely dating myself, but I remember the time when congrations shared a common building for worship services, i.e., switched off so that Methodists had the building one Sunday, Baptists the next, and another denomination the next, etc., and it was not unusual to picnic and praise for most of the afternoon.

No stores were open on Sunday in the U.S. Then a few stores started opening after noon when church services were over. Now some are open 24/7. Car dealerships could not be open on both Saturday and Sunday... they had to choose. Practices evolve over time with new generations and passage of new laws.

I was not allowed to play on Sunday. I was not allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts or any kind of pants until society started changing in the mid 40's... then I could wear blue jeans only if they were made like 'girl's' blue jeans that buttoned or zipped on the side, not in the front. We did not use the word 'pregnant' but rather a woman was 'expecting' or 'with child'. And there certainly were no tee shirts that pointed to the belly. Things were definitely different when I was growing up. And these happenings were only 60-65 years ago.

It takes generations for things to evolve and change. Liberal educators, the Hollywood movie industry, TV and the Internet have slowly made things that were not previously accepted now appear 'acceptable' and 'normal' so that current and future generations see them as perfectly normal. History has proven that is one way the destruction of society from within begins.

Things will slowly change in middle eastern countries with new generations when they are allowed or have access to TV, the Internet and education. Or at least that is my take on it. That can be good in many ways, but bad in others ... as we are beginning to see a downslide of morality in the U.S. through so many things now being accepted as 'normal' thus no longer questioned.... everywhere from religion to politics. There was a time when no major appointments could have been made without the approval of Congress, but as we can see, that is changing. Is it good or bad? Sometimes it 'appears' it has been necessary simply to get things done timely. But if it becomes standard practice I can see how things that do not have an urgency can be put into place to much detriment.

Part fact... part JMHO.

• Upvote 4