Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the RV really for real???

couchspud

Good Morning. We have been on the Dinar ride since 04. My husband has been in Iraq since 10/04. He learned about dinars from everyone there. We talked and invested. I buy all my dinar from GID. When counterfeits became a concern my husband bought a 25000 note from a bank out side the gate. I had him compare it to the pictures of security features on GID. His dinar from an Iraqi bank matched the dinar I buy from GID. I am confident in all my dinar.

RELISTED...posted too soon....before I was finished, and would'nt let me edit....

Most of the govt. and military officials that I've had a chance to discuss the dinar with, at least after you broke the ice in conversation about dinars, as some were reluctant to talk about it, like some of the bankers...but just about all of these folks had dinars...some had in the tens of millions of them...but, it does seem that many of them wish to only converse with others that on the same playing field..."other dinar holders".....as ignorance is hard to work through...and they dont want to take the time to teach you about something that you may not understand, or that you might think that they're crazy for buying into..or later you regret for buying dinars and then hound them constantly about it...some just dont want anyone knowing that they own dinar..period!......but, as these folks open up around you and talk, (the ones that will talk), when you mention it, sometimes you might have to mention it more than once though...I've noticed the same with bankers...many bankers were reluctant to tell me that they even owned diars until after a year or two of asking, while going in the bank routinely just doing regular business transactions...and some of these banks even sold dinar..I think many bankers don't like to talk about it because the bankers themselves have to spend a lot of time ordering and holding it until you come and pick it up...and some of them dont make any more money than they would normally get paid to do what all they already have to do everyday...can you imagine if every banker or politician told everyone that this would be a great investment...they would never go to bed at night...lol....one local banker told a relative of mine that she thought the dinar was'nt too good of an investment, but that her and her son owned a million of them just in case..lol...

P.S. I think this investment is to each his own...but bottom line...when you hear the phrases.."don't invest more than you can afford to lose"...or "it's a high risk investment"....remember this...so is the U.S. Dollar...and many other so-called bullet-proof, rock-solid investments that went belly up in the last few years...and some of these very well establihed firms were up to 150 years old.....so who's some of these people been listening to, what Walmart did they get their credentials from, or what channel are they on?....lol....

On another note..I've heard that the banks that have quit selling dinars, at least some of them...it is due to their supply line drying up...as we know that there have been problems in the past, where if the supply was not consistent enough, it was said that banks don't like dealing in something that is inconsistent...I know friends that have waited upwards of two weeks for a bank to get them dinars...most are scared that if an RV occurred, that the bank may not honor it, or might not be able to get them their dinars...just something else to think about?...Some say that a bank only deals in circulated notes...as many have gotten bills that had tears, holes and writing on the currency, where as the dealers usually only sell new uncirculated notes....

Well if it is a scam, we are all in this together!!! I believe there is strong reasons to believe we made an excellent investment. I been following the intel for the past 5 years, There has been alot of smoke and mirrors but the real int always finds a way to reveal it's self. Even if this RV is .50 we still made a great investment. Please remember Iraq NEEDS this to happen. I personally feel safe. I'm secure with the investment.

Ok everyone - here you go.

And ANYTIME Scooter posts some of his research you should take the time to read it.

Presidential Executive order #13303 has to do with the DFI and NOT specifically to us as foreign investors.

Here is what you need instead:

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/

(Main Iraq COALITION PROVISIONAL AUTHORITY website)

And:

THIS link below is to the PDF of the actual order (for foreign investors) we should all print and keep for our CPAs and tax attorneys

Post-RV.

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/20031220_CPAORD_39_Foreign_Investment_.pdf

Peace.

The post where soldiers have gone to jail for carrying more then 10k and not declaring. I think is BS as of right now the dinar is not currency just more then collectors item so my question is what did they really go to jail for and understand I do believe our gov system is corrupt but the fact still remains currency value of the dinar is not face value

Great point. For one the US Customes requires you to disclose if you are traveling with more than 10,000USD when leaving or entering the US. Therfore entering with dinars would not get you thrown in jail. I believe the soldiers in question were put in jail because Iraq has it posted at the airport that no dinars are allowed to be taken out. I think this is also true for US and other contractors. If I am wrong then please somebody correct me. Some feel that post rv when cashing out offshore you can leave the US with your dinars since the law states you must disclose if you are leaving with more than 10,000 USD. That would make me nervous though since our government can do pretty much whatever they want.

Dude.....you're right, it is a scam.. Since it is a scam, I need you to keep the following very quiet!

Its a scam so since we're all worried about getting caught, in a few months/weeks, we all have a plan to RUN to our banks and get rid of our dinar for american money, essentially we're going to fool them. Please don't tell anyone because we would prefer to not get caught cashing in on this scam.

Anyway, just hang on to this funny money and in a short time, you'll be able to get rid of it for real money and noone will be the wiser! Crazy right?

All kidding aside bro, there is nothing scandelous about owning a foreign currency, when it gains value, you will be able to cash it in for a profit and your state dept friends will not be able to do a thing about it.

Ok everyone - here you go.

And ANYTIME Scooter posts some of his research you should take the time to read it.

Presidential Executive order #13303 has to do with the DFI and NOT specifically to us as foreign investors.

Here is what you need instead:

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/

(Main Iraq COALITION PROVISIONAL AUTHORITY website)

And:

THIS link below is to the PDF of the actual order (for foreign investors) we should all print and keep for our CPAs and tax attorneys

Post-RV.

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/regulations/20031220_CPAORD_39_Foreign_Investment_.pdf

Peace.

Ok, but this is the Iraq Coalition version saying it is legal for us to invest - we also need to US verbiage which makes it legal for us as US citizens.

I am searching for that now unless someone else has it handy as a PDF.

Thanks!

Peace!

Ok, but this is the Iraq Coalition version saying it is legal for us to invest - we also need to US verbiage which makes it legal for us as US citizens.

I am searching for that now unless someone else has it handy as a PDF.

Thanks!

Peace!

The investment link is a great one to hold onto. It does state the rights of us as " Foriegn Investors " Go RV!!!

How does someone who is a "Licensed Investment Counselor" not know the laws pertaining to the Iraqi Dinar? When I received my certification as a CPA, the largest part of the tests, there are 3 of them, deals with the legal aspects of Accounting. I had the opportunity a few years ago to get licensed for investments, but when I looked at just 1 of the study manuels, I changed my mind. It is very extensive, and I believe the tests are "Open Book". I was just accepted into a Doctoral Program that I start in January, so, my point is that I am used to learning being tough. And I respect anyone who is Licensed to deal with investments. You are the one we come to with "our" questions. How could you "NOT" know about "Presidential Mandate 13303"? It was one of the first things I came across when I Googled,"Iraqi Dinar", before investing in it. Something sounds very fishy here.

Thansk for your input gman51, yes, those license tests are challenging and they are NOT open book! Don't worry, nothing fishy here. I just had some issues raised to me by some of my govt contacts and I truly wanted some serious discussion from this forum on the matter, mostly because in my research I have found this forum to be the most informed on the intel/info, etc. And you're right I should have read the actual 13303 by now but all I have read so far are everyone's "take" on what it says. The problem with that is I think people may be reading into it what they want it to say, but I don't know that since I haven't read it yet. I need to go read it for myself. Thanks for your response. :)

• Upvote 1

Dude.....you're right, it is a scam.. Since it is a scam, I need you to keep the following very quiet!

Its a scam so since we're all worried about getting caught, in a few months/weeks, we all have a plan to RUN to our banks and get rid of our dinar for american money, essentially we're going to fool them. Please don't tell anyone because we would prefer to not get caught cashing in on this scam.

Anyway, just hang on to this funny money and in a short time, you'll be able to get rid of it for real money and noone will be the wiser! Crazy right?

All kidding aside bro, there is nothing scandelous about owning a foreign currency, when it gains value, you will be able to cash it in for a profit and your state dept friends will not be able to do a thing about it.

Thanks for the input hopefullbk. I hope you're right and honestly... I think you are right, otherwise I wouldn't have invested in Dinar. You have to understand, its in my nature to take a methodical look at both sides of an issue in an effort to determine which course to take. I have "been around the block" more than a few times as they say. Although I mentioned I have a series 7 and series 66 license I am also an engineer/entrepreneur. I am an electrical and a mechanical engineer, have founded operated and sold several multi-million dollar businesses, and have a dozen or so US and international patents to my name. I say this only for everyone to understand that it truly is in my nature to be analytical and methodical in my research and my discussion questions I posed are merely part of my research process. I sencerely do appreciate the input from everyone! :D

• Upvote 2

To come on this forum at the eleventh hour and fifty ninth minute asking this kind of question without having done your homework should be embarrassing to you, but then, again, we live in a country where no one has to accept responsibility or accountablility for anything. Read the archives and you will look at your question differently.

• Downvote 1

Thanks for the input hopefullbk. I hope you're right and honestly... I think you are right, otherwise I wouldn't have invested in Dinar. You have to understand, its in my nature to take a methodical look at both sides of an issue in an effort to determine which course to take. I have "been around the block" more than a few times as they say. Although I mentioned I have a series 7 and series 66 license I am also an engineer/entrepreneur. I am an electrical and a mechanical engineer, have founded operated and sold several multi-million dollar businesses, and have a dozen or so US and international patents to my name. I say this only for everyone to understand that it truly is in my nature to be analytical and methodical in my research and my discussion questions I posed are merely part of my research process. I sencerely do appreciate the input from everyone! :D

I got to give it to you couchspud, despite the overtly negative responses you have received you have answered back in a respectful manner.

My thoughts are if this is the biggest scam ever then there would have been news reports about it, much like the Nigerian prince sending you emails. Or you winning some obscure lottery.....they say its a scam and if it is 1000's of Americans are being scammed and someone would have stepped in with a loud message about it by now if people have been buying in since 2003 or so. The reason why it hasnt been announced a scam then you have to give attention to it and hordes of people would investigate, learn its not and invest. You have to keep the masses from finding out and then discourage the already invested from buying a ton more. The fear of a scam keeps new investors from stepping into the shallow or deep in.

I am wondering about the military investment. There is a mandate that if you are enlisted and inherit, win or by whatever means A LARGE sum of money you can no longer be a soldier. I heard this directly from someone in the Air Force. If this stays in place there will be a large number of soldiers who will no longer be eligible to be in the armed forces. Yet another reason from letting this invest spread and perpetuating that you will be arrested upon returning home with large sums of dinar and this being a scam.

JMO.

I have jokingly said to my other family members who are invested if this is a scam then this is the most complex one known. To have all these websites with forums, where hundreds of people respond, sharing their hopes, opinions, posting article after article, conference calls etc etc...also if I was the one scamming I would stick to the elderly not MILITARY. To put it bluntly why would I scam a group of people who are trained to kill, with weapons and know how to track me around the world...not a wise decision, stick with the elderly lol

• Upvote 1

Couch spud if you go to dinartrade you will see where they are licensed with the treasury dept and you will see the video of Ali being interviewed by cnbc on investing in the dinar. Dont think the treasury dept would let him stay in business if he was scamming people now you might want to define scam, do they think its a scam because its not a legit investment or do they think its a scam because they believe it will never be worth anything. It is a legit currency so from that standpoint its not a scam but there may be people out there that believe that it will never amount to anything, you know its like starting a secret in a room and having it told from one to the other, when it gets to the other side of the room it might be on a whole different topic so make sure you define exactly what they mean by that B)

Its not a scam but we are not going to make the thousands of % people think more like a few hunderd percent which is still awesome.

You will make some money but not millions I sure hope I am wrong and if I am I will say so and eat crow but I feel safe I wont

• Downvote 1

Thansk for your input gman51, yes, those license tests are challenging and they are NOT open book! Don't worry, nothing fishy here. I just had some issues raised to me by some of my govt contacts and I truly wanted some serious discussion from this forum on the matter, mostly because in my research I have found this forum to be the most informed on the intel/info, etc. And you're right I should have read the actual 13303 by now but all I have read so far are everyone's "take" on what it says. The problem with that is I think people may be reading into it what they want it to say, but I don't know that since I haven't read it yet. I need to go read it for myself. Thanks for your response. smile.gif

My initial feeling of this being "fishy" when I first read your post is gone now. Anyone who can answer back as professional and respectfull as you have, after taking quite a tougue lashing for your post, has to be a person of high character. Welcome to Dinar Vets. If I can be of any help to you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. I've been invested for over 6 years, and been on many sites over the years. Unlike many here, I expected this investment to take 10-15 years before any significant return. Could not pass it up once I learned of all the natural resources available in Iraq. Thought it might turn out to be a great addition to my portfolio for retirement. You have made a great choice. Again, welcome. There are many wonderful people here, and some who are getting impatient. Even the impatient ones, for the most part, aren't so bad.

• Upvote 2

Thansk, I appreciate the response. I'll do some more digging through the forums. Do you know of any particular threads I should look at to help with the discussion questions I posed? When it really comes down to it, its really a very small investment to have huge returns at any of the RV rates that have been speculated. Makes it hard to go too wrong with this. :)

I posted afew links at the top that you should find helpful, also you can go to www.robert-moore.info and go to dinar updates.

Edited by mckay*pro

I think you have some very valid questions and concerns and believe me, they have all entered my mind a time or two! My husband and I decided to invest in the dinar back in August by a good friend of ours. We were told that it would RV and depending on the amount that we invested, that we might possibly be able to retire. So, we decided to invest what we could afford to lose and here we are...waiting with everyone else. I have absolutely questioned this investment and definitely considered it a gamble. But honestly? I would rather take this chance then wake up one morning and kick myself because we didn't. ;)

Have Faith!

Edited by GoBabyGo