Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the RV really for real???

couchspud

Hi All,

I just signed up for the forum tonight so please be patient with me here if I ask/say anyhting that has already been covered or may sound stupidly obvious to you all.

I have Dinars myself, was introduced to the investment by some friends. I am also a registered investment advisor/broker, Series 7 and Series 66 license. I also have contacts/friends in the U.S. govt. I have had the Dinar for a little over 2 months now and it is very exciting to speculate on what will happen. As part of my research into the investment I did things like contact the State Department and my friends/contacts in the govt which includes U.S. ambassadors, IRS management, congressmen, etc., to ask if this was for real. They told me it was a scam, one of the biggest ones they have ever seen (please bear in mind here that I still invested in the Dinar). They ponted me to official govt web links that explained that it was illegal under Iraq law for anyone to own Dinar (other than a small amount for curio purposes) outside the country of Iraq and that the U.S. has an agreement with Iraq to honor that law. The also pointed me to official web links and news links that told of actual U.S. soldiers (about 200) coming home from Iraq that tried to bring large amounts of Dinar out of the country that are now serving jail terms in the U.S. for this act (please be patient and read on, remember I did invest in the Dinar, I'm trying to lay the background for my questions).

I have been around govt officials, etc., enough to fully beleive that our govt officials are also crooked, corrupt, self-serving and greedy SOB's and knowing them as I do, I would have no problem believing that the higher up officials would try to keep the RV profits to themselves by creating all the official info I was given showing it is a scam, even to the point of actually jailing some of our brave soldiers (from my personal experience and knowledge, our Federal govt is that corrupt). I have also read all the blogs, news, forums, etc. that I could find on the RV and have found that most of it has no official way to substantiate it, however, that doesn't mean it is incorrect. I would not expect there to be any official way to substantiate it until the RV is actually annoiunced.

So.. here's my question/concern (remember, I did invest in the Dinar). Is there any way to have some level of confidence one way or the other for the RV? All the intel/info, although officially not able to be substantiated, does make sense for Iraq and the U.S. On the other hand, the official links and info that I was directed to by govt officials also makes sense under U.S. and Iraq law. How can we know either way with some level of confidence? It even brings up the question of how does Ali of DinarTrade even get the Dinar out of Iraq when it is suppose to be illegal for him or anyone to remove the currency from the country? Couple this with what one U.S. govt official told me about 3 currency printing presses being stollen many years ago, they no where 2 are but not the third. It makes wonder if the Dinar we are getting could be counterfeit, being printed on that 3rd printing press.

Please be patient here, I am only throwing out my concerns and I am looking for serious discussion on this topic mostly to releive some of my concerns and maybe help me feel confortable enough to invest in more Dinar. I have invested in enough to make it life changing at any of the RV rates that have been discussed but not enough to get into any trouble w/govt by having more than is allowed for curio purposes, to be safe. Has anyone else out there heared of any of the official govt info I described above?

So.. with that please let me know your thoughts on this subject. Remeber, I have invested in Dinar, I am not a "nay sayer", I just was interested in what you all thought about the info I described above. Many of my friends have invested in Dinar and most have A LOT MORE than I. I am wondering if I should get more or "stand pat"? Thanks and God Bless! :D

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

Hi All,

I just signed up for the forum tonight so please be patient with me here if I ask/say anyhting that has already been covered or may sound stupidly obvious to you all.

I have Dinars myself, was introduced to the investment by some friends. I am also a registered investment advisor/broker, Series 7 and Series 66 license. I also have contacts/friends in the U.S. govt. I have had the Dinar for a little over 2 months now and it is very exciting to speculate on what will happen. As part of my research into the investment I did things like contact the State Department and my friends/contacts in the govt which includes U.S. ambassadors, IRS management, congressmen, etc., to ask if this was for real. They told me it was a scam, one of the biggest ones they have ever seen (please bear in mind here that I still invested in the Dinar). They ponted me to official govt web links that explained that it was illegal under Iraq law for anyone to own Dinar (other than a small amount for curio purposes) outside the country of Iraq and that the U.S. has an agreement with Iraq to honor that law. The also pointed me to official web links and news links that told of actual U.S. soldiers (about 200) coming home from Iraq that tried to bring large amounts of Dinar out of the country that are now serving jail terms in the U.S. for this act (please be patient and read on, remember I did invest in the Dinar, I'm trying to lay the background for my questions).

I have been around govt officials, etc., enough to fully beleive that our govt officials are also crooked, corrupt, self-serving and greedy SOB's and knowing them as I do, I would have no problem believing that the higher up officials would try to keep the RV profits to themselves by creating all the official info I was given showing it is a scam, even to the point of actually jailing some of our brave soldiers (from my personal experience and knowledge, our Federal govt is that corrupt). I have also read all the blogs, news, forums, etc. that I could find on the RV and have found that most of it has no official way to substantiate it, however, that doesn't mean it is incorrect. I would not expect there to be any official way to substantiate it until the RV is actually annoiunced.

So.. here's my question/concern (remember, I did invest in the Dinar). Is there any way to have some level of confidence one way or the other for the RV? All the intel/info, although officially not able to be substantiated, does make sense for Iraq and the U.S. On the other hand, the official links and info that I was directed to by govt officials also makes sense under U.S. and Iraq law. How can we know either way with some level of confidence? It even brings up the question of how does Ali of DinarTrade even get the Dinar out of Iraq when it is suppose to be illegal for him or anyone to remove the currency from the country? Couple this with what one U.S. govt official told me about 3 currency printing presses being stollen many years ago, they no where 2 are but not the third. It makes wonder if the Dinar we are getting could be counterfeit, being printed on that 3rd printing press.

Please be patient here, I am only throwing out my concerns and I am looking for serious discussion on this topic mostly to releive some of my concerns and maybe help me feel confortable enough to invest in more Dinar. I have invested in enough to make it life changing at any of the RV rates that have been discussed but not enough to get into any trouble w/govt by having more than is allowed for curio purposes, to be safe. Has anyone else out there heared of any of the official govt info I described above?

So.. with that please let me know your thoughts on this subject. Remeber, I have invested in Dinar, I am not a "nay sayer", I just was interested in what you all thought about the info I described above. Many of my friends have invested in Dinar and most have A LOT MORE than I. I am wondering if I should get more or "stand pat"? Thanks and God Bless! :D

I think you just need to look around abit more, there is alot of intel that is substantiated. Take a look in different forum areas and go to past days you will see much insight.

• Upvote 2

Here are just afew.

• NOVEMBER 27, 2010, 11:10 A.M. ET

Iraqi Prime Minister Pushes to Bolster Power

BY SAM DAGHER

BAGHDAD—In his first press conference since clinching a mandate for a second term as Iraq's prime minister, a defiant Nouri al-Maliki signaled on Saturday his determination to bolster the powers of his office, while warning political rivals, prospective coalition partners and parliament of the need to be more cooperative.

Mr. Maliki earlier this week was officially asked by the country's president to form a new cabinet. His second term as prime minister ends more than eight months of political wrangling over who would take the country's top political post, but the formation of a government could still be weeks away.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703609204575640570844687284.html

Al-Maliki optimistic on government formation, troops

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/11/27/iraq.maliki/index.html?hpt=T2

Formation of government figures: presidencies 10 points and alsiadiat 5 and alkhedmiat 3

2010-11-27

At a time when leadership Coalition revealed State law Kamal Al-Saadi of the formula that will be the distribution of government posts and portfolios, National Alliance sources confirmed that Prime mandator Maliki, nominated current oil Minister and head of the list of "independent" Hussain Al-Shahristani Vice Prime Minister for energy. The Alliance aims to get the Kurdistan Alliance on Department, being a shred in management within Government.

MP Saidi for "new morning" that bitmap equation for the distribution of positions in future Government composed as follows: 10 points to presidencies, 5 4 's presidencies and of ministries and 3 for first class service and 2 for the second service and one point of ministries.

Attorney Hassan Al-Sunaid also confirmed that all seats and 24% from the third seat worth one point, noting that political blocs to the parliamentary emphasizes the independent persons of defence, Interior and national security. The Al-Sunaid that: parliamentary blocs will have high demands of roof and dialogues in the next two weeks to return things to normal.

The Al-Sunaid national strategic policy form as political blocs leaders consensuses, phrased clear and agreed that an Advisory Council of higher State, indicating that it consists of three presidencies (Republic, Prime Minister, Parliament) and representatives of each President, President of Kurdistan and parliamentary political blocs and the Chief Justice, and to have executive authority.

Said MP Haidar Al-yasiri Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki asked independent list and current oil Minister Friday, approval of his tenure as Deputy Prime Minister for the good management of energy of the ministries of petroleum and electricity ".

He said that "Shahristani will accept post provided legal and legislative powers with which to continue performance of ministries of petroleum and electricity carefully and secured according to Iraqi law accounting".

Said member coalition State law Abdul Mahdi Al-Khafaji "aspiring National Alliance that foreign share Kurdistan Alliance, being perfected in management during past Government", stating that "there are winning blocs understandings about the future of this Ministry".

On another level Iraqi mass called Iyad Allawi's wider powers of House superior powers of his two deputies, had to cancel the Presidency House, the abolition of the Presidency of the Republic, the President of the Council to grant some of his powers to his two deputies.

Iraqi Deputy Salah al the calls for abolition of Presidency, as for the Presidency of the Republic, the President of Parliament to grant some of his powers to his two deputies.

Legal expert considers that article v Tariq war, of the Constitution stipulates that the speaker and his deputies are elected at once from the majority of the members of the House, not like the President and the Prime Minister which they choose their running mates, then vote their house.

The war of the Constitution identified the powers of Parliament with his two deputies who are all--are being elected at one time, asserting that the President of Parliament has no competence alone but granting certain legal aspects of its management of meetings.

In the context of command in Kurdistan Alliance Fouad Masoum, Saturday, that mass would name probably rose Nuri Shaways for missions on behalf of the Prime Minister, noting that leadership Alliance will meet until Sunday in Erbil to discuss his formula.

Masoom said before leaving Baghdad to Erbil "Kurdistan Alliance probably will run Dr. Nuri Shaways to Deputy Prime Minister, and is eager to have ministerial sovereign according length seats election, Coalition meetings in Erbil to noon Sunday".

Baghdad-new morning:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsabah.com%2Far%2F1870%2F21%2F47526%2F%D8%AA%D8%B4%D9%83%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AA-10-%D9%86%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B7-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-5-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%AF%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-3.htm%3Ftpl%3D13

Political blocs presented 3 candidates each for new cabinet post - Maliki

November 27, 2010 - 03:22:00

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A number of Iraqi political blocs have presented three candidates each for the ministers’ posts in the future cabinet, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said on Saturday.

“Every parliamentary bloc has presented 3 candidates for each ministry and the Prime Minister (Maliki) shall chose one of each of the three candidates to join his new cabinet, based on their efficiency, integrity and professionalism,” Maliki told a news conference.

Maliki noted that he expects the announcement of his forthcoming cabinet to be made during the period from the 10-15 December.

“The posts of Interior and Defense ministries would be assigned to independent and professional personalities,” Maliki reiterated.

The Prime Minister refuted claims that certain elements are attempted to delay the formation of the new government.

Maliki further called upon all those who participated in the political dialogues to “commit themselves to the agreements achieved with them,” noting that “we want to build a state of institutions and not a state of parties and sects, in our future government’s program.”

“The future government shall try to put an end to the passive policies of the past government. The Iraqi people have suffered enough from terrorism and corruption and they are now looking forward to compensation, along with the restoration of security, housing, development of agriculture, industry and education sectors,” Maliki highlighted.

Maliki called on the Parliament to “be supportive of the government and to lift the blockades chaining its activity, along with the unification of the political line that had been divided during the past period.”

SKH/SR

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=139254

I don't know about you but I see alot of progress. :) sit down relax and let it come to you.

• Upvote 4

Honestly I don't think any US Banks would be selling the Dinar if it was a scam and how could buying another country currency be a scam???, As for Ali I've heard his Dianars come from Dubai or countries near Iraq . I read someehre on DV where someone returning from Iraq was arrested with Dinars but it was because he was returning with more than $10,000 worth of Dinars and whenever you travel with 10K or more it would have to be declared or it could be taken away.

• Upvote 5

Welcome to DV...I have to say that if you spoke to the people you say you have and they told you it was a scam then please explain how BANKS in the United States can sell dinar, I am sorry but if you have done any research in this investment, than alot of what you posted you should already no.....poloticians telling you it is a scam just makes banks out to be crooks, so please tell me how they could sell somthing that is a scam....do your homework there is alot of info on this site, BUT understand just because you just joined and said what your financial background is makes me say hmmmmmmm.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We need Links :

"They ponted me to official govt web links that explained that it was illegal under Iraq law for anyone to own Dinar (other than a small amount for curio purposes) outside the country of Iraq and that the U.S."

Hi All,

The very first thing and only thing you need to do here, is go and research the bill from Bush allowing the US to buy dinar. Not sure who you talk to, but tell them they are stupid....

Hi All,

• Upvote 1

They pointed me to official govt web links that explained that it was illegal under Iraq law for anyone to own Dinar (other than a small amount for curio purposes) outside the country of Iraq and that the U.S. has an agreement with Iraq to honor that law.

Is there any way to have some level of confidence one way or the other for the RV? All the intel/info, although officially not able to be substantiated....How can we know either way with some level of confidence? It even brings up the question of how does Ali of DinarTrade even get the Dinar out of Iraq when it is suppose to be illegal for him or anyone to remove the currency from the country?

5/3rd Bank and TD Bank as well as other US commercial banks sell Dinar! I just bought some from TD Bank last week and not just a little bit!

How can you be certain of the RV? YOU CAN'T! Invest or do not invest! It is an investment with educated speculation.....that is all......this opportunity is once in a life time. Like the big bang theory....

DinarTrade is just ONE reseller of Dinar. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands out there who legitimately sell Dinar and are registered with the US Treasury Department.

• Upvote 4

Don't you just hate newbies coming here with their KNOWLEDGE and KNOW HOW's and "GOVERNMENT" Info! Well it gave me a good laugh, guess if our newbie, knew a thing or

two and was that great he'd learn how to SPELL!!!!! :lol::P

seems you also could be just a little more respectful as well, in fact I implore you to do that please :)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 16

Honestly I don't think any US Banks would be selling the Dinar if it was a scam and how could buying another country currency be a scam???, As for Ali I've heard his Dianars come from Dubai or countries near Iraq . I read someehre on DV where someone returning from Iraq was arrested with Dinars but it was because he was returning with more than $10,000 worth of Dinars and whenever you travel with 10K or more it would have to be declared or it could be taken away.

I'm glad to hear from someone who actually bought Dinar from a US bank. I have heard that can be done but don't know anyone who has done it. Also, you are correct about the $10,000 limit through customs and I think that was why some of our soldiers are in jail over the Dinar. But it does also raise the question how did Ali or any of the other places get the Dinar into the US through customs as it would have to be far more thatn $10,000? Just asking.

I'm not 100% on this, but George Bush wrote into law a bill allowing U.S. Citizens the right and privilege to invest in Iraq, which includes the purchase of Dinar. You're concerns are valid, but there's nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I've heard that too about the Bill. Does anyone know the number of the Bill so I could pull it up and read it for myself? I know its not illegal to invest in currency, that's what the Forex is for. But that doesn't necessarily mean the Bill makes it OK to have actual paper money from Iraq in our possesion. I would like to read it and see what it says, my govt sources did not point me to that Bill.

• Upvote 1

Don't you just hate newbies coming here with their KNOWLEDGE and KNOW HOW's and "GOVERNMENT" Info! Well it gave me a good laugh, guess if our newbie, knew a thing or

two and was that great he'd learn how to SPELL!!!!! :lol::P

Yes, I guess newbies can be bothersome for some. But it looks like the majority of folks on the forum are interested in serious discussion regarding the investment, even if it is from a newbie. ;)

We would not be here if we thought it was a scam. There are thousands of previous threads that you can read and make your own decision.

Yeah, I'm with you. I really don't think its a scam (I did invest) either but my govt friends/contacts do raise some interesteing issues that I don't have reasonable answers to. That's why I ask the questions here in the hopes of getting serious discussion and eventually putting to rest my concerns about investing further.

I think you just need to look around abit more, there is alot of intel that is substantiated. Take a look in different forum areas and go to past days you will see much insight.

Thansk, I appreciate the response. I'll do some more digging through the forums. Do you know of any particular threads I should look at to help with the discussion questions I posed? When it really comes down to it, its really a very small investment to have huge returns at any of the RV rates that have been speculated. Makes it hard to go too wrong with this. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm glad to hear from someone who actually bought Dinar from a US bank. I have heard that can be done but don't know anyone who has done it. Also, you are correct about the $10,000 limit through customs and I think that was why some of our soldiers are in jail over the Dinar. But it does also raise the question how did Ali or any of the other places get the Dinar into the US through customs as it would have to be far more thatn $10,000? Just asking.

Dude, you're mixing two things up. Ali's not flying and picking this stuff up. You could go down to your local chase bank and get 50,000 in pounds if you choose to. This is no different. Customs just means you have to declare it, its not illegal to carry it. But it's two different methods.

• Upvote 1

This was posted here on DV before, here is a copy:

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/legal/eo/13303.pdf

Is it Legal for US Citizens to Buy Iraqi Dinars?

By Asheley Walker (CEO)

Presidential Order 13303, issued on May 28, 2003 by George W. Bush, provides U.S. citizens with the same rights to investments as Iraqi citizens. The order removed preexisting sanctions on investments in Iraq as they applied to the Development Fund for Iraq.

Similarly, Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) Order #39, issued in September 2003, gave foreign investors (meaning anyone other than an Iraqi citizen) the right make foreign investments in Iraqi on terms no less favorable than those available to Iraqi citizens and prevented any limitations on the amount of foreign participation.

These two orders recognized the importance of foreign investment in aiding Iraq's political and economic recovery. Without outside assistance, it is unlikely that the country would be able to make significant improvements in infrastructure, harness the potential of its abundant natural resources, and develop an economy worthy of participation in the global market place.

While Presidential Order 13303 and CPA Order #39 obviously apply to the establishment of businesses in Iraq, they are also the authority for investment in Iraqi currency.

Until the end of 2008, it was even possible for U.S. citizens and legal residents to purchase dinars at U.S. banks. Most major U.S. banks stopped buying and selling the dinar as a result of the fact that the Iraqi dinar is a thinly traded currency that does not lend itself to the typical bank's business model. In order to make money, most banks charge a small fee for a large number of transactions. The Iraqi dinar is not traded in large quantities so it was difficult to make enough money to justify the costs and risks associated with buying and selling the Iraqi dinar.

• Upvote 4

I like reading these threads .. It brings up my happy level when I am down, But than I bring myself down by asking myself, how many of these people out here are financial advisors? Another question is if these people on these threads actualy knew when the RV would happen than we would be rich right now, because somebody said it was going to happen Thanksgiving night or the day after. Plus here is one for you, If everybody who post things like the value ranging from .31 to 2.81 and some above 3 dollars perdinar, WHO DO WE BELIEVE? I know everybody has their idea of when and how much and why, but we all must be prepared to let ourselves come down from the high of reading the possibility of the RV happening tonight or 2 weeks or 4 weeks from now.. Nobody actualy knows of when or even how much it will RV. The possibility of anybody knowing is unlikely.. So please don't get yourself caught up on this happening anytime soon I would hate for somebody to go out and max out his credit card becasue he read something on the threads. Don't go spending the money till it's in your bank account. I have had my dinar since 2005 and back than it was supose to RV in Sept than Oct than Nov, that's when I realized that I won't believe anything till it happens.

I hope I didn't make anybody mad by posting this and sorry about the grammer and spelling if it is bad, I am very tired and need some sleep.

this is my 2 dinars worth take it for what you want

• Upvote 1

My gut tells me that the only scam involved here is Couchspud. Sorry if I'm wrong. But this one's a little too hokey for me.

Well maybe you need a gut check there rjboots1.. it seems that there are some folks here that when a serious question for discussion is posed that happens to be contrary to their way of thinking they can only respond by trying to demean or diminish the one who brought up the subject for discussion. I do appreciate all those who have offered serious points and references for me to review, thanks very much!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How does someone who is a "Licensed Investment Counselor" not know the laws pertaining to the Iraqi Dinar? When I received my certification as a CPA, the largest part of the tests, there are 3 of them, deals with the legal aspects of Accounting. I had the opportunity a few years ago to get licensed for investments, but when I looked at just 1 of the study manuels, I changed my mind. It is very extensive, and I believe the tests are "Open Book". I was just accepted into a Doctoral Program that I start in January, so, my point is that I am used to learning being tough. And I respect anyone who is Licensed to deal with investments. You are the one we come to with "our" questions. How could you "NOT" know about "Presidential Mandate 13303"? It was one of the first things I came across when I Googled,"Iraqi Dinar", before investing in it. Something sounds very fishy here.

• Upvote 4

The post where soldiers have gone to jail for carrying more then 10k and not declaring. I think is BS as of right now the dinar is not currency just more then collectors item so my question is what did they really go to jail for and understand I do believe our gov system is corrupt but the fact still remains currency value of the dinar is not face value

Most of the govt. and military officials that I've had a chance to discuss the dinar with, at least after you broke the ice, as some were reluctant to talk about it like some bankers...but just about all of these folks had dinars...some had in the tens of millions of them...but, it does seem that many of them only will converse with others on the same playing field...other dinar holders...as they open around you when you mention it,sometimes you might have to mention it more than once though...I've noticed the same with bankers...many bankers were reluctant to tell me thet they even owned diars until after a year or two of asking while going in the bank routinely just doing regular business transactions...and some of these banks even sold dinar..I think many banks did'n like to talk about it because the bankers themselves have to spend a lot of time ordering and holding it until you come and pick it up...and some of them dont make any more money than they would normally get paid to do what all they already have to do everyday...can you imagine if every banker or politician told everyone that this would be a great investment...