Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency pending the formation of the government and the parliament's decision #2

tcjams

The central bank adviser and director of the Department of Planning and Statistics and Studies in the Bank the appearance of Mohammed Salih said in an interview with Radio Free Iraq that the national currency lost value in connection with the phase of economic decline, and it was time to rectify this situation in line with the stage of investment and economic recovery is expected.

I really like the way this sounds. :D

Edited by gregg450

I've gotta' tell you ... any article with Mohammed Salih's name in it is suspicious. He claims to work for the CBI as an advisor ... at best he is a consultant ... although, we've never heard the CBI say that he is ... only Salih. He is the "chicken little" of Iraq. In fact several of the original LOP articles were quoting Salih ... then 1hr to 24 hrs later Shabibi had to come out and say, "no, of course not."

Which is not to say that I don't appreciate tcjams posting this ... I always want to know what "chicken little" is saying!

Peace

Doc31

Listen to the audio on the HOT HOT HOT thread. They explain it very well also, essentially saying the LOP that is being discussed per Iraq is for accounting reasons-- b/c the calculator/computers cannot compute the higher numbers with a bunch of zeros...SO they take three off to compute it but you do not lose the value.....

I've never heard that before but it does makes sense.... the LOP in the sense of how it was done in other countries b/c of hyperinflation does not make sense. Iraq's inflation is around 2 or 3%... not enough to justify a LOP. Plus as everyone said--- private investors are only 2% of this --- COUNTRIES of the world have the other 98% (these are the merchants of the world who are going to be MADE RICH as per Rev. 18)...and I seriously DOUBT that these countries of the world FORGAVE Iraq's debt out of the goodness of their heart-- OR that Iraq is gonna turn around and give them the finger. As someone said earlier on this issue, do you really think the governments and companies are going to be eager to go help with rebuilding their infrastructure if they think they can't trust them? WOULD YOU?

• Upvote 1

I've gotta' tell you ... any article with Mohammed Salih's name in it is suspicious. He claims to work for the CBI as an advisor ... at best he is a consultant ... although, we've never heard the CBI say that he is ... only Salih. He is the "chicken little" of Iraq. In fact several of the original LOP articles were quoting Salih ... then 1hr to 24 hrs later Shabibi had to come out and say, "no, of course not."

Which is not to say that I don't appreciate rvdinar4myfamily posting this ... I always want to know what "chicken little" is saying!

Peace

Doc31

Which is not to say that I don't appreciate tcjams posting this ... I always want to know what "chicken little" is saying!

Peace

Doc31

Thanks for the insight Doc! :twothumbs: Good to know a little history behind ANY of the names being discussed in "news" worthy articles...

Maybe Shab's had him over for a "beer summit" and set the record straight!

- Fresh :lol:

Googled the article and could not find it. I actually do have faith in this investment (i hate the word speculation); I have been invested for almost 7 years when I bought it in country. I just want to be "Informed, Engaged, and Prepared" for all possible scenarios. Are you prepared for it to lop and then revalue? I posted on another thread a conversation I had with a FED bank president at an economic summit last winter. He said that he did not think that 14% inflation would warrant a lop. He was not familiar with the situation in Iraq. I mentioned the 14% because I thought I read that at the time. You are right about Turkey and their high inflation. Trust me I would rather see a .86/$ rate.

Listen to the audio on the HOT HOT HOT thread. They explain it very well also, essentially saying the LOP that is being discussed per Iraq is for accounting reasons-- b/c the calculator/computers cannot compute the higher numbers with a bunch of zeros...SO they take three off to compute it but you do not lose the value.....

I've never heard that before but it does makes sense.... the LOP in the sense of how it was done in other countries b/c of hyperinflation does not make sense. Iraq's inflation is around 2 or 3%... not enough to justify a LOP. Plus as everyone said--- private investors are only 2% of this --- COUNTRIES of the world have the other 98% (these are the merchants of the world who are going to be MADE RICH as per Rev. 18)...and I seriously DOUBT that these countries of the world FORGAVE Iraq's debt out of the goodness of their heart-- OR that Iraq is gonna turn around and give them the finger. As someone said earlier on this issue, do you really think the governments and companies are going to be eager to go help with rebuilding their infrastructure if they think they can't trust them? WOULD YOU?

Well said... just talked to my buddy Mick_13 on the phone and he had some similar questions of "how do they make it all work"... I spent about 20 minutes highlighting some of the things Rudy mentioned in the call - which his background speaks enough for what he knows - also I thought he sounded familiar and if you youtube "hannity and dinar" he's the same guy that called in on Hannity's show back in September I believe....

Anyways, I digress. I explained to my buddy that their goal is to not "cash out" us smaller investors, rather we are a smaller cost of doing business. Can we all exchange our dinar for lower denominations of dinar? Absolutely! I'm sure some of the major companies in the US have made it clear they will do just about ANYTHING you want with your money that makes sense - Gold, Silver, Exotic Currencies, Secure Currencies (Euro's, Franc's, Dinar, Juan, Yen) . I told him really the bigger "win" for say the United States is the simple facts that the fed will be having a "run" on dollars one way or the other to "ease" all these international transactions... Look at cashing out "open" reserve orders. Notice how some of the companies just wire the (USD$) profit into your desired bank account. Guess what - that helps the dollar. When you go buy a new house and car and buy presents and be charitable in the months after the RV - guess what happens....?

Interest rates increase in the US, consumer spending increases, unemployment decreases, inflation decreases, existing home inventories decrease (people are buying houses again!), New homes and construction projects increase, the Auto companies benefit...

You could really go on for hours about the GOOD that will indirectly come out!

- Fresh B)

Its all theory nobody knows for sure how it will go down I think its all going to happen soon (next month or sooner) so buckle up

Amen - there is nothing to say they can NOT lop this thing. It wouldn't affect investment - they are all being paid in USD, how do I know that, Oil is only traded in USD. Iraq's own budget is based on a USD price per barrel of oil. It wouldn't really do much to the local Iraqi either. The underlying rate would lop also. To say there cannot be a lop would be conjecture.

Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, Not a lop, OK?

OH and one more thing, NOT A LOP

Just in case you missed it

NOT A LOP

LOP? You people that keep posting...............I see a LOP................need to be LOPPED upside your head. You just have no understanding of it all.

I'm trying to understand. I've read a bunch of the LOP forum. You talked as if it's fact. I can't find the fact... People point to the Paris Club and the forgiveness of the Iraq debt. They've done it before for other countries and will do it again. To use that as a reason for an RV versus a LOP is incorrect.

That the Bush said the Iraq war will pay for itself - show that to me anywhere. I can't find a link to something reputable in the LOP forum.

Again, my point is to not be negative. I have Dinar that I'm not looking to unload because I think it's going to LOP. I'm trying to understand the facts behind this. The article in question definitely points to something more LOP like than RV like. You can't read it and say otherwise. That's NOT to say that it will do either. That's saying reading anything more into the article would be presumptuous.

I remember reading a past post. Cannot remember EXACTLY what the words where. Someone wrote why would they take someone like a janitor who makes $1000.00 a month and make him rich. They did not see this as happening.

If you are born in Kuwait. Your parents are actually Kuwait descent on both sides. You get something like $40,000 a year. Not sure here, but Kuwait is rich and share this wealth with their citizens.

Iraq will do the same. They will prosper and take care of their citizens. The only way to make sure that this happens is to make sure that their money is worth something. Why would they not move their money back up to the good. What would it say about their government if they do not share this wealth? Why would they keep their citizens poor? They will not.

One day.................all Iraq citizens will be driving Mercedes.

TKM - I hear the logic in what you are saying. I truly do. However, it is conjecture. I'm not even saying I disagree with you. What I am saying is you cannot rule out a LOP. You just can't. Look at Iran. They are something like 3rd or 4th in worldwide oil reserves. Their Rial is 1 USD = 10370 Rial. Again all I'm saying is it does not HAVE to RV it can LOP and we should have that in the back of our minds. Trust me I do not want that. I don't.