Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi: 'Power-sharing is dead now'

bodeen

I saw the same report about Allawi and others walking out on BBC World News. Last night's report said that Maliki had 1 month to form the government, and that he would have to spend some serious time trying to win back the trust of Allawi. Very very curious to see what happens......But I'm definitely ready for this to be done. :)

GO RV!!!!!!

It is obvious from the multiple news reporting agencies that they form opinions from what is actually stated ... much like the post in here ... one thing is common with all of the reports is that parliament will meet tomorrow and Allawi will be present ... Don't know about the rest of you but this sounds like more progress in the last few days compared to the last 8 months.

• Upvote 1

Hunttech found this one.. Thanks Hunttech

http://aknews.com/en/aknews/4/195130/

Oh my good, dear Lord! This is just nuts! Okay, smoke and mirrors and an incredible three ring circus. Once this is over, I'm never playing this game again. Enough is enough. :blink:

So is Fox News!

They all are now, aren't they? What news? It's all drama and sensationalism.

WOW... I got a -1 for some news on CNN ( by the way CNN gets a -1 from me too ) that is just that -- CRAP!! God Bless

You just got a positive from me for this statement. I think some people just go through giving negatives. :angry:

• Upvote 2

I have tried to stay grounded through all these months since the election. What has happened should show everyone watching just how delicate this Democracy really is. What is going on is many, many years of division in people(from different tribes and religions-beliefs) that are trying to learn a new way. Patience and prayers are what is needed. This will happen. GO GOI>>>GO RV!! B)

Tennessee people are Praying People!!!! We're with you in prayer Nashdinar!!!!

• Upvote 2

this guy is the biggest cry baby I have ever seen, poor arab guy doesnt get the job with the big pay check and you never hear the end of it. This was a hung parliment and the parties that got together have the majority and they get to chose whos on top, this is how every parliment works in the entire world

this guy is the biggest cry baby I have ever seen, poor arab guy doesnt get the job with the big pay check and you never hear the end of it. This was a hung parliment and the parties that got together have the majority and they get to chose whos on top, this is how every parliment works in the entire world

Thanks first for the post.... I Completely agree with your reading of this post A ( not to bring down this post ) is on the short end of the stick!!!!!! He just might want to find something to hold on to because this ride is about to END!!!! A get it or go home!!!!

Smoke & mirrors! Or old news feed based on speculation. Iraq's gov't is already in the process of formation. If Allawi's comments were true, as posted above, he would only be shooting himself (and his bloc) in the foot. The gov't will continue to move forward without him/them, if they choose to not participate. I don't believe he's going to let that happen. Stay calm, everyone!

I agree 100%......Just watch the next 48 hours.....Ain't it Great!

PLEASE, C A L M YOUR NERVES. Give the political process in Iraq a chance to succeed. They are a fledgling Democracy. They are not use to honoring their word. BUT, because of the recent developments in the Parliament, they are being BOUND to their word. Prior to the convening of Parliament, the agreements that were made with Allawi will be honored. NO ONE wants Maliki as Prime Minister unless he is stripped of his powers….and HE IS stripped of his powers. The RV will happen shortly.

Politics

Iraqiya withdrawal not true, Maliki forms govt.: official

Friday, November 12th 2010 6:05 PM

Karbala, Nov. 12 (AKnews) A leader in State of Law Coalition (SLC) said on Friday that the leader of his coalition can form the new government during the exact constitutional period that is 30 days from the date of being assigned by the President of the Republic.

Nuri al-maliki and Iyad AllawiAbdul-Mahdi al-Khafaji, a member of the parliament in Karbala province told AKnews that the agreement between the political blocs was to implement what was agreed upon in the meeting of Erbil and to be read by the chairman of the meeting and then implemented through the legal and constitutional frameworks in reference to the demands of Iraqiya demands to implement the national reconciliation and de-Baathification law..

"We announced our agreement and commitment, while the implementation process need a legal and constitutional frame, and yesterday's session was specified to elect the parliament speaker and his two deputies and the president of the parliament and no one has the interest to withdraw from the political process."

"what happened in yesterday's session was merely a suspicion by the brothers in the Iraqiya List about the agreement and I don't think that any party will withdraw from the political process... The government formation process is taking place correctly, and no party has an interest in stalling the Iraqi political process."

The Iraqi lawmakers elected on Thursday evening, Jalal Talabani, the candidate of the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition (KBC) as the President of the Republic for a second term and they also elected Usama al-Nujaifi as the Parliament Speaker, Qusay al-Suhail as the first deputy of the parliament speaker and Aref Tayfur as the second deputy.

The Iraqiya List agreed with other political blocs that its leader Ayad Allawi will head the National Council for Strategic Policies, which is part of the executive power and replace the National Security Council in addition to other tasks, and commit the ministers, each according to his major to attend the necessary meetings.

The Council includes: The local and foreign policies, the economic and monetary affairs, security and military affairs, oil, gas, electricity, water, environment and food security affairs.

Its functions are developing common and responsible visions about managing the strategic files in the State's supreme institutions about the economic, political, security, services, energy issues and others.

The council has secretary-general or president in addition to complete secretarial, headquarter and presidential brigade similar to the three presidencies, and the council should have a separate budget presented by the Secretariat of the Council as the three presidencies and recognized in the general budget for this year.

Reported by Hassoun al-Hafar

RN/GS AKnews

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1