Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

VIPER51 ALLAWI

viper51

Wednesday Nov 10 12:40 AM Baghdad Per Arinai The Iraq News Agency reports that Allawi missed the meetings today due to illness and may not be able to attend tomarrow but will have Representatives present at the meetings. If this is fact that is good news. It means Allawi has not actually refused to attend the meetings. Lets hope the ball keeps rolling.

• Upvote 10

Viper: I dont like his website...but just checked out AC's website who claims he either been to the meeting tonight or has connections. His claim is the meeting Thursday is canceled and accomplished nothing but face time for some opposing parties ....what's your take on this? Thanks for any info....

Wednesday Nov 10 12:40 AM Baghdad Per Arinai The Iraq News Agency reports that Allawi missed the meetings today due to illness and may not be able to attend tomarrow but will have Representatives present at the meetings. If this is fact that is good news. It means Allawi has not actually refused to attend the meetings. Lets hope the ball keeps rolling.

Mr. Viper51, again 100% correct. Latest news: Shaways: Baghdad meeting discussed several issues; Discussions will continue. Allawi absence only due to health

I had a chance to read this now in 9 or so news articles. God Bless.

He pointed out that "the absence of Allawi and al-Hashemi for today's meeting was not due to rejection, but for health reasons, they have sent high-level delegation and that he would attend tomorrow's meeting and non-attendance was for this reason and not to the command of another, either by the withdrawal of Mr. Hakim and Mr. Adel Abdul Mahdi, was due to their previous deadlines have been confirmed their presence before they are participating in the meeting even at eight and a half and was pulled out within the time agreed upon in advance, either the question of postponement of the parliamentary session for Thursday will be postponed or Add photos at a meeting on Wednesday.

Edited by SteveI
  • Upvote 3

Viper: I dont like his website...but just checked out AC's website who claims he either been to the meeting tonight or has connections. His claim is the meeting Thursday is canceled and accomplished nothing but face time for some opposing parties ....what's your take on this? Thanks for any info....

As it stands right now the meeting of Parliment will happen Thursday. The Blocks are said to be RACING to be ready for Thursdays meeting with their picks for positions. Lets hope they get the job done this time.

• Upvote 3

Mr. Viper51, again 100% correct. Latest news: Shaways: Baghdad meeting discussed several issues; Discussions will continue. Allawi absence only due to health

He pointed out that "the absence of Allawi and al-Hashemi for today's meeting was not due to rejection, but for health reasons, they have sent high-level delegation and that he would attend tomorrow's meeting and non-attendance was for this reason and not to the command of another, either by the withdrawal of Mr. Hakim and Mr. Adel Abdul Mahdi, was due to their previous deadlines have been confirmed their presence before they are participating in the meeting even at eight and a half and was pulled out within the time agreed upon in advance, either the question of postponement of the parliamentary session for Thursday will be postponed or Add photos at a meeting on Wednesday.

WOW Steve, Thanks again, Maybe we should go into business together when this finally ends. Excellent connection.

WOW Steve, Thanks again, Maybe we should go into business together when this finally ends. Excellent connection.

I have your back my friend. I have never felt so positive until today reading hudreds of positive articles from over 20 reporting agencies. You are awesome!

Thank you and God Bless.

• Upvote 2

They had better. From what I understand, if this doesn't get done Thursday, the Iraqi Supreme court will invalidate the elections and force a new election next year. That would REALLY screw everything up, not only with the RV, but the suffering that those people are going through. No politician there would be safe. Riots and wide spread violence would likely break out. The entire country could be thrown back into civil war. It's not a pretty picture. Let's hope they all have their eye on the biggest picture possible.

• Upvote 1

I have your back my friend. I have never felt so positive until today reading hudreds of positive articles from over 20 reporting agencies. You are awesome!

Thank you and God Bless.

Man, where did you come from Steve? You seem to be as far ahead as Viper most of the time!! You're a newsmonger!!

Gratitude, Steve. You, as well as the others who bring us up-to-date FACTUAL info are truly a blessing.

Know Moral Eyes

• Upvote 2

Again Steve very good advise.

Thanks

Check,,,,,,,

Thank you Viper and Steve... You have both offered us solid information and a tracking of the events in a clear cohesive way. I for one have not had time to follow and sift through the logic, news and crap to find the progress lately ~ as so much is happening so fast. May God bless you and yours!

Thanks also to Scooter and Phoenix, and so many others like my good friend Doc31 for their contributions. In a world of crooks and cons it is hard to know just who to trust. My faith in humanity is being restored. I think there is a remnant on DinarVets who know what they're talking about ~ and have the right intentions, and heart to share their knowledge and wisdom.

Fingers crossed ~ Prayers faithfully said ~ Hope is soaring... biggrin.gif

Blessings, Health & Prosperity to ALL who have chosen for this journey... smile.gif

By Suadad al-Salhy and Waleed Ibrahim

BAGHDAD | Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43am EST

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appeared likely to win a second term, breaking an eight-month deadlock over a new government, after winning support on Wednesday from members of the main factions.

Politicians from Shi'ite-led, Sunni-backed and Kurdish factions said they were ready to support Maliki when parliament meets on Thursday, and to take part in his government even if some members of the cross-sectarian Iraqiya alliance, including its leader former premier Iyad Allawi, refused to join.

Iraq has been without a new government since an inconclusive election on March 7 which gave Sunni-backed Iraqiya two more seats than Maliki's bloc. Neither had enough seats for a majority in parliament, leaving Shi'ite, Sunni and Kurdish factions to negotiate a government.

Kadhim al-Shimari, a member of a bloc within Iraqiya, said on Wednesday his group, with more than 30 seats, would support Maliki's bid to speed up formation of a new government.

"We will join the parliament session and support the nomination of Maliki to form the government," he told Reuters. "The issue of forming a new government cannot be delayed any more."

The long impasse has fueled tensions even though the sectarian carnage unleashed after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion is receding and while U.S. forces prepare to withdraw in 2011.

TOP JOBS

Other politicians from Maliki's Shi'ite merger, the National Alliance, said they were going ahead with government formation as long as they had a political majority and even if other blocs chose to boycott the parliamentary session.

"We do not imagine a government that does not represent all Iraq's factions ... but the government does not and will not stop, God forbid, if a list stays behind," Ibrahim al-Jaafari, a senior member of the National Alliance, told a news conference.

Iraqi political leaders began a series of talks on Monday to try to agree on a government of national unity that would include Shi'ites, Sunnis and Kurds.

Their last meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, where they were expected to reach a final deal on the top posts before a parliamentary session on Thursday.

It was unclear if Allawi would attend Wednesday's meeting after he stayed away from the gathering the night before, raising speculations of a rift within Iraqiya.

Other senior leaders from the Sunni-backed bloc could join with Maliki after securing posts for themselves and dump Allawi, who is still clinging to hopes for the presidency, sources said.

The next government needs a component representing the minority Sunnis if it is to try to heal old sectarian wounds. Excluding Iraqiya could anger its Sunni voters and reinvigorate the Sunni Islamist insurgency.

Under an expected deal, Maliki would remain prime minister and Jalal Talabani, a Kurd, would retain the presidency. Iraqiya could be offered the speaker's post, the foreign ministry and a role with possibly expanded authority over defense issues, the economy and foreign affairs.

(Writing by Rania El Gamal; Editing by David Stamp)