Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Exit Visa

f150stang

It could be just another contractual dispute. There have been several over the past couple of years. It usually happens when the Iraqi government doesn't like something in the SOFA agreement and/or they found something to use to squeeze more money out of the US government. I would hope that you are right but at the same time I wouldn't hold my breath. In any event please keep us posted. Go RV

More than likely you are correct, they do this from time to time and a little USD does the trick, we are having no problems getting in or out at this time with my company.

Just got off the phone with a contact in Mosul. The exit visas are indeed being held up at this time. They started the Exit Visa program a couple of months ago, apparently to compliment their rather lucrative Entry Visa business. Long story short is, the USG is in negotiations and this situation should be resolved in a few days. There have been problems with this Entry/Exit system in the past. The Iraqi's always want more money, and every time they change their way of doing business, a delay in the process results.

Best of luck to those who are leaving the theater of operations. hopefully they will have you guys on your way ASAP.

Go RV!!!!!!

I don't know what some of you are talking about but where I am at approximately 40 people are scheduled for R&R are suppose to leave today and they are only letting 5 leave. And those people already had exit stamps. I am in Iraq and these are facts jack.

These are facts! I cant get my in theater sick leaves or Medical leave's out.. they are even stuck here! Hope i dont get any criticals any time soon!

rellum,

I don't know where you get your visa's, but I have never seen one that's good for ten years. Depending on the country, I have seen them good for anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. This also depends on the type of visa requested. Now, passports are good for 10 years. Two completely different animals.

Let's look at an example; let's say you have a need to quickly fly to Germany for some reason. Something came up and you need to fly soon, no time to plan ahead. A relative dies and you want to go to the funeral, maybe. Germany (as all of the EU, I believe) is currently visa free travel for people with passports from the USA. So, you book your flight and go. You don't need a visa, and as stable as Germany and the USA are, why bother? Plus, you wouldn't have time to get one.

Just one example. It becomes much more complex for the military folk when they have to deal with the red tape inside the military .... been there and done that crap.

BMWman

BMWman

i stand corrected . i for sure meant passport

i have never used a visa . and i see it is a situation really true

this is not good. but im so glad i am back in the good ole us of america. heck i was thinking about doing a little business venture over there . but i now think not

as you can see i dont chat much on here but i repectfully respond to these kind words of wisdom

THe Entry/Exit Visa, is a little index sized card. You fill one out upon entry, and then when you leave; you complete the information on the Exit Visa The Ministry of Interior I beleive is who collects and records them all.

Goes to show the progress they have made since I have last been there then. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks