Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Illegal YES or NO?

thedog

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's illegal to remove currency from Iraq?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you own physical currency?

• Yes
    • No

I have read the prior posts on this question and am not looking to rehash everything that has been talked about.

What's our plan if it is illegal as state in the travel.state.gov website?

How will we cash in the dinars?

Please I'm not concerned with anyones opinion on this issue or to rehash what has already been discussed.

Just looking to be prepared. I hate surprises and don't want to be caught in a pickle. To many of us have to much invested not to be concerned.

THX

I have read the prior posts on this question and am not looking to rehash everything that has been talked about.

Please I'm not concerned with anyones opinion on this issue or to rehash what has already been discussed.

Just looking to be prepared. I hate surprises and don't want to be caught in a pickle. To many of us have to much invested not to be concerned.

THX

Don't really understand you question/ Your heading question is "Is it illegal to remove dinars from Iraq? At one time the only amount allowed to be taken out was 10,000 dinars for Military personnel.. I don't know what it is now. Once the RV is done you can cash your dinars in at any bank.. Hope that helps. :lol::lol:

Edited by mrref

Your question is odd.........US citizens can legally own physical dinar (like myself).

When it rv's.....go to any bank & cash in!

Ok, lets say I have 1,000,000 dinar, 750,000 was purchased through dinartrade, the other amount was mailed form Iraq. That is how I got in to this was a friend in the army. for my first 250,000 was purchased a few years ago. when going to cash in, when/if that happens is this ok, or are they going to say "hey these didn't come from US Treasury registered company" . So that's my question. :)

Didn't the president say we could invest in iraq that we here in the united states are just like iraq citizens we all have the opportunity to invest in the new iraq.

no the president said we in the united states are like iraq citizens we have the right to invest in the new iraq .

THX

This is preposterous! If it were illegal why did my bank sell them to me? Looks like they are in trouble.... Give me a break! <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

THX

I have been on that website and I just looked again but cannot find anything pertaining to the Dinar. Anyway if it were illegal all these dinar sellers including the banks would definately be in violation.

It is illegal to carry Dinar out of Iraq at this time. You can buy it in other countries legally as this is currency sold by CBI. But the currency inside Iraq is kept at bare minimum and the authorities will not allow it taken out by non - Iraqis. I go through BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) enough to know. After it is released (THIS WEEKEND) at a global rate then they will not be able to prevent you from carrying it. They do not really check now and I hope that next week when I leave here for home I do not have any issues, as I have carried some in my wallet for the past 5 years in case it hit and I was on R&R half way around the world needing to travel fast to my safe deposit box.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG WEEK :unsure:

Not one person on this thread said that owning them was illegal, my question was to the point that everybody say's you should buy through a US treasury registered business, and so the question was to the point of...... what if I didn't ? whats the difference? and is there a way for them to tell? that's all nobody ever laid claims to possessing them being illegal.

Ok, lets say I have 1,000,000 dinar, 750,000 was purchased through dinartrade, the other amount was mailed form Iraq. That is how I got in to this was a friend in the army. for my first 250,000 was purchased a few years ago. when going to cash in, when/if that happens is this ok, or are they going to say "hey these didn't come from US Treasury registered company" . So that's my question. :)

Once again.......many that were in Iraq (military) purchased, so being mailed directly from Iraq, I can't see being an issue. I hear their is new ruling as far as how much military can bring home, but I can't see there being an issue in your case. It would not make any sense. Hopefully this clears it up for you.

• Upvote 1

Once again.......many that were in Iraq (military) purchased, so being mailed directly from Iraq, I can't see being an issue. I hear their is new ruling as far as how much military can bring home, but I can't see there being an issue in your case. It would not make any sense. Hopefully this clears it up for you.

thank you:)

YES it is illegal to remove IQD from Iraq (per Iraqi Law). Yes people are selling it. That law has not always been in effect. Several years went by before they decided to implement it. There are NUMEROUS brokers that have stockpiled it. There are also legal ways for a bank to obtain it. As for the people flying on milair to leave the country, its alot easier to depart with the currency. Once in Kuwait, there are no laws governing IQD. When I left on my R&R in 2004, there were no laws in place at that time and therefor I have will have no issues trading it. That law is a moot point unless you are leaving through BIAP and clearing Iraqi customs.

• Downvote 2

They won't ask that question and you don't have to provide receipts of purchase. Your only concern will be that you have legit Dinar. Sound like you do and you should be fine. No worries, smile and be happy.

The info I typed was statements by guru's who have already checked this kind of stuff out.

Hope this helps with your concerns.

GO RV/RI B)

THX

Why are you asking people on this site? Why don't you go ask someone who will give you the correct answer from where you are. Ask what would be a legal way to remove dinar from the country just to be on the right side of the law. If you are in Iraq, are you allowed to open an account at an iraqi bank on base and then have it transferred to an American account? Once it rv's, I would think that they would be allowed to exchange it for American currency since it will be a legal tender. There will just be certain stipulations on how much you can transfer without the bank having to alert the feds as what you are doing. My advice to you is to be patient and wait until the currency shows up on the Forex and it should be no problem am I correct?