Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

iraq oil reserves rise to 505 billion barrels

sonny1

Iraqi Oil announces oil reserves rise to 505 billion barrels

04/10/2010 13:40 04/10/2010 13:40

بغداد 4 تشرين الأول/أكتوبر(آكانيوز)- أعلنت وزارة النفط العراقية اليوم، الاثنين، أن مخزون النفط الخام في البلاد يبلغ 505 مليار برميل من مجموع الحقول المكتشفة والتي تبغ 66 حقلا نفطية، فيما يبلغ الاحتياطي القابل للاستخراج نحو 143 مليار برميل، مؤكدة على أن الأرقام الجديدة لا تشمل حقول إقليم كردستان العراق. Baghdad 4 October (Rn) - The Iraqi Oil Ministry today, Monday, that crude oil inventories in the country has 505 billion barrels of discovered fields and by tobacco 66 field oil, with total recoverable reserves for the extraction of around 143 billion barrels, emphasizing the The new figures do not include the fields of the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

وكانت الاحتياطيات النفطية المؤكدة للعراق تبلغ 115 مليار برميل وهي بالفعل ثالث أكبر احتياطيات في العالم بعد السعودية وإيران. The proven oil reserves of Iraq at 115 billion barrels, already the third-largest reserves in the world after Saudi Arabia and Iran.

وقال وزير النفط حسين الشهرستاني على هامش مؤتمر عقده في مقر وزارته ببغداد للإعلان عن الاحتياطيات النفطية الجديدة بالعراق، لوكالة كردستان للأنباء (آكانيوز) إن "مخزون النفط العراقي الخام تحت الأرض يبلغ 505 مليار برميل من مجموع حقوله النفطية المكتشفة والمدروسة لغاية الآن وهي 66 حقلا نفطية". Said Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani on the sidelines of a conference held at the headquarters of his ministry in Baghdad to announce the new oil reserves in Iraq, the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that "the stock of Iraqi crude oil under the ground of 505 billion barrels of total oil fields discovered and studied so far of 66 field oil ".

وأوضح أن "المخزون الاحتياطي القابل للاستخراج ارتفع من 115 مليار برميل سابقا إلى 143.1 مليار برميل حاليا". He explained that the "stock of recoverable reserves of the extract increased from 115 billion barrels previously to 143.1 billion barrels now."

وقال الشهرستاني "لقد وصل حجم النفط المستخرج إلى 33.463 مليار برميل في الحقول النفطية الشمالية والجنوبية، ولاسيما في حقلي القرنة والزبير"، لافتا إلى أن "النسبة قد تزداد بعد تفعيل عمل حقل شرقي بغداد النفطي إلى 55.907 مليار برميل من النفط الخام". Shahristani said, "has reached the volume of oil extracted to 33.463 billion barrels in the oil fields of North and South, especially in the fields of Qurna and Zubair," pointing out that "the rate may increase after the activation of the work of a field east of Baghdad, the oil to 55.907 billion barrels of crude oil."

وأضاف وزير النفط أن "المخزون الاحتياطي الجديد يتوزع على 14 حقلاً من الحقول المصنفة فوق العملاقة"، مبينا أن "الاحتياطي النفطي يزيد فيها عن خمسة مليارات برميل وهي تقع في مناطق ميسان وذي قار وصلاح الدين ونينوى، كما تشمل حقول عملاقة يتراوح الاحتياطي فيها من مليار إلى خمسة مليارات برميل". The Minister of Oil that "the stockpile new distributed in 14 fields of the fields, ranked above the giant," noting that "oil reserves over the five billion barrels are located in areas of Maysan and Dhi Qar, Salahuddin and Nineveh, and include giant fields ranging up by a billion to five billion barrels. "

وتابع بالقول إن "الاحتياطي يشمل أيضاً تسعة من الحقول المصنفة بالكبيرة جداً ويتراوح احتياطيها من نصف مليار برميل إلى مليار، فضلاً عن 15 حقلاً من الحقول الكبيرة التي يتراوح احتياطيها بين 100 مليون و500 مليون، وثمانية حقول متوسطة و13 حقلاً صغيراً". He continued saying, "The reserve also includes nine of the fields seeded and great too, ranging reserves of half a billion barrels to one billion, as well as 15 fields of large fields, which range in reserves between 100 000 500 million, eight fields of medium and 13 small fields."

وأوضح الشهرستاني أن "نسبة 71 % من الاحتياطي موجود في الحقول الجنوبية ولا سيما بالبصرة و20% في الحقول الشمالية خصوصاً في كركوك، و9% في الوسط خصوصاً في حقل شرق بغداد ". "Shahristani said that" 71% of oil reserves are located in the southern fields, particularly in Basra and 20%, especially in the northern fields in Kirkuk, and 9% in the middle, especially in a field east of Baghdad. "

وأكد وزير النفط على أن "الأرقام الجديدة لا تشمل الحقول النفطية في إقليم كردستان لأن حكومة الإقليم لم تبلغ الحكومة المركزية بنشاطاتها". The Minister of Oil that "the new figures do not include the oil fields in Kurdistan region because the government did not inform the central government of its activities."

وتعتبر العقود النفطية التي وقعتها حكومة اقليم كردستان العراق مع شركات أجنبية من أبرز المشاكل العالقة بين بغداد وأربيل، ففي الوقت الذي تقول فيه وزارة النفط العراقية ان عقود الاقليم غير شرعية لانها لا تملك الحق بابرامها، تشدد حكومة الاقليم على ان الدستور يخولها حق ابرام العقود. The oil contracts signed by the Kurdistan Regional Government with foreign companies of the most outstanding issues between Baghdad and Erbil, in the time that says the Iraqi Oil Ministry that the contracts the province illegally because they do not have the right led to the conclusion, emphasizes the provincial government that the Constitution conferred the right to conclude contracts.

وأوضح الشهرستاني أن "معظم الاحتياطي النفطي موجود في حقل غرب القرنة في محافظة البصرة الذي بات اكبر الحقول النفطية و ثاني اكبر حقل في العالم من حيث الاحتياطي المؤكد والبالغ 43 مليار برميل". "Shahristani said that" most of the oil reserves located in the West Qurna field in the province of Basra, which has become the largest oil fields and the second largest field in the world in terms of proven reserves amounting to 43 billion barrels. "

وتابع بالقول إن "مجموع الاحتياطي الثابت لحقل الرميلة كان يبلغ 30 مليار برميل، وبقي منه 17 مليار برميل بعد 50 سنة"، مبينا أن "احتياطي حقل مجنون يبلغ 11 مليار برميل وكركوك 8.9 مليار وشرقي بغداد ثمانية مليارات وهو من الحقول فوق العملاقة العراقية التي لم يتم تطويرها حتى الآن وكذلك الزبير وحقل ذي العمق". He continued by saying that "the total proven reserves of Rumaila he was 30 billion barrels, and stayed with a 17 billion barrels after 50 years," noting that "reserve the Majnoon field of 11 billion barrels and Kirkuk 8.9 billion and east of Baghdad, eight billion, one of the fields over the giant Iraq that have not been developed so far, as well as al-Zubayr, a field depth. "

وأبرم العراق عقودا نفطية مع شركات طاقة عالمية بداية العام الجاري بعد جولتي تراخيص، لتطوير 10 حقول نفطية مكتشفة غير مستغلة، ومن المؤمل أن يصل إنتاج البلاد من النفط الخام إلى 12 مليون برميل يوميا في غضون السنوات الست المقبلة. And Iraq signed oil contracts with international energy companies earlier this year after two rounds of licenses to develop 10 oil fields discovered untapped, and it is hoped that the country's production of crude oil to 12 million barrels per day within the next six years.

ويشكك مراقبون بقدرة العراق للوصول بالانتاج الى الهدف المنشود بسبب التحديات الامنية، الى جانب التقلبات السياسية. Observers are skeptical about Iraq's ability to gain access to the production target because of security challenges, as well as political instability.

وأكد وزير النفط العراقي أن "العراق سيبلغ منظمة أوبك في بيان رسمي اليوم بهذه الإحصائيات الجديدة لاعتمادها دولياً، بعد أن كان يتبع سابقاً سياسة متحفظة تجاه الكشف عن احتياطاته النفطية". The Iraqi Minister of Oil that "Iraq will be the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries in an official statement today, these new statistics to be adopted internationally, having been previously followed a conservative policy toward the disclosure of its oil reserves."

وأشار إلى ان "الأرقام الجديدة لم تكن عشوائية، وإنما كانت مدروسة من قبل الشركات العالمية التي فازت في جولتي التراخيص الأولى والثانية، ومن قبل شركة المكامن والاستكشافات النفطية التي قدمت دراسات واضحة وشفافة وعملية بشأن قدرة العراق على الاستخراج النفطي". He pointed out that "the new numbers were not random, but were informed by international companies that have won in two rounds of licensing the first and the second, and by the company reservoirs and exploration of oil studies were made clear and transparent process on Iraq's ability to extract oil."

وينتج العراق 2,4 مليون برميل يوميا من النفط الذي يشكل أكثر من 90 بالمائة من عائدات البلاد. Iraq produces 2,4 million barrels of oil per day, which constitutes more than 90 percent of the country's revenues.

(آكانيوز) ع ص (Rn) p r

من جعفر الونان : jaafar.alwanan@aknews.com Of Jafar Allonan: jaafar.alwanan @ aknews.com

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2

• Upvote 4

The Iraqi Oil Ministry today, Monday, that crude oil inventories in the country has 505 billion barrels of discovered fields and by tobacco 66 field oil, with total recoverable reserves for the extraction of around 143 billion barrels, emphasizing the The new figures do not include the fields of the Kurdistan region of Iraq.

Okay, can somebody elaborate on the word "recoverable"? Does this mean that the 505 billion barrels aren't recoverable, or that they don't have the means at this time to extract it ... or what? If they can't extract that oil then why even mention it? And what does "tobacco 66" mean? Is that a particular region of Iraq?

Okay, can somebody elaborate on the word "recoverable"? Does this mean that the 505 billion barrels aren't recoverable, or that they don't have the means at this time to extract it ... or what? If they can't extract that oil then why even mention it? And what does "tobacco 66" mean? Is that a particular region of Iraq?

If I remember right from my oil field days, there is always a substantial amount that is either too thick or whatever at the bottom of each hole (or well) that can't be recovered with present technology. I know that here in the overthrust area that they have already gone into some old holes and recovered quite a bit. It's basically, they can't get it all out until technology gives them the means. I hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

JugDawg,

They also empahsized that the oil in the Kurdish region was not included in the 143 billion barrel amount. There is possibly the largest fields laying dormant in the Kurdish region. this may explain some of the delay in the forming of the government until this situation is resolved internally.

I am originally from Louisiana, in the middle of the Tuscaloosa trend, the largest natural gas and oil find in the late 70's. I have owned and operated companies dealing directly with oil field operations, although many moons ago! I agree that some of what they have announced is "unrecoverable with todays technology, although a good amount cna be recovered with flushing and re pressurizing the current wells. It is my belief that their are some killer fields outside of Tobacco 66 that are being argued over as to how the revenues will be distributed.

Bottom line is that it all lies inside of Iraqi territory and will only increase the bottom line of the budget. May take a while but once it is revealed there is no turning back!!

GO RV!!

• Upvote 1

JugDawg,

They also empahsized that the oil in the Kurdish region was not included in the 143 billion barrel amount. There is possibly the largest fields laying dormant in the Kurdish region. this may explain some of the delay in the forming of the government until this situation is resolved internally.

I am originally from Louisiana, in the middle of the Tuscaloosa trend, the largest natural gas and oil find in the late 70's. I have owned and operated companies dealing directly with oil field operations, although many moons ago! I agree that some of what they have announced is "unrecoverable with todays technology, although a good amount cna be recovered with flushing and re pressurizing the current wells. It is my belief that their are some killer fields outside of Tobacco 66 that are being argued over as to how the revenues will be distributed.

Bottom line is that it all lies inside of Iraqi territory and will only increase the bottom line of the budget. May take a while but once it is revealed there is no turning back!!

GO RV!!

It's been 20 years since I was "Oil Field Trash" so most of my knowledge and info is from those days. They were just starting on that flushing technology then. By the way, that's where the name JugDawg comes from. 10 years doing seismic oil exploration. Hence JugDawg. :D

Edited by JugDawg1

JugDawg,

Do not know exactly why but I am starting to like you. My background is in specialized machine shops dealing with pumps, compressors, boilers, valves and other items with military grade machine clearances. Dealt a lot with GE, Nuclear facilities, oil field specialties and a few others. Had a mobile shop, 18 wheeler, as well as southern and eastern permanent locations. Been around it all my life so I appreciate the "roughneck" crew with the best of them!

JugDawg,

Do not know exactly why but I am starting to like you. My background is in specialized machine shops dealing with pumps, compressors, boilers, valves and other items with military grade machine clearances. Dealt a lot with GE, Nuclear facilities, oil field specialties and a few others. Had a mobile shop, 18 wheeler, as well as southern and eastern permanent locations. Been around it all my life so I appreciate the "roughneck" crew with the best of them!

I can't find my butt with both hands around machinery or big business, but I know how to throw around drill collars and hump 100lb cables up the mountain. That's FOR SURE.

told you all only yesterday that Iraq has over 500 billion of oil on the ground. The largest the World has ever known. They may try to spin or cover it but every security agency and who is who in oil Industry knows that. Let me say it again. Iraq is De-facto number one oil Country in World. Thanks for posting