Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

$00.84 does that sound right

uncs

Scotter , ChiefV and others. I saw on another web site where they expect the rate to be $.84 Does that sound right? If so, is that deleting three 000's? Did not think so? your thoughts on what the rate could be?

go RV

Honestly I think that article is being misinterpreted. What it says to me is the dinar will worth one for one with the dinar, and at it's current value right now 1000 dinars are worth less than a dollar. That's the way I read it. Many of their articles and verbiage are confusing, hard to decipher some of them, but I think folks are reading too much into this one. I don't see the rate coming out that low, nor do I see a time limit for the exchange, but never say never, it's their country and their money, but too many folks/countries worldwide would really have one heck of a attitude if they tried to screw folks on this. Too much makes sense for it to come out higher.

V

• Upvote 6

Scotter , ChiefV and others. I saw on another web site where they expect the rate to be $.84 Does that sound right? If so, is that deleting three 000's? Did not think so? your thoughts on what the rate could be?

go RV

which other web site did you look?

Honestly I think that article is being misinterpreted. What it says to me is the dinar will worth one for one with the dinar, and at it's current value right now 1000 dinars are worth less than a dollar. That's the way I read it. Many of their articles and verbiage are confusing, hard to decipher some of them, but I think folks are reading too much into this one. I don't see the rate coming out that low, nor do I see a time limit for the exchange, but never say never, it's their country and their money, but too many folks/countries worldwide would really have one heck of a attitude if they tried to screw folks on this. Too much makes sense for it to come out higher.

V

I believe you are right Chief ,although, I'd take .84 all day long!

• Upvote 1

I believe you are right Chief ,although, I'd take .84 all day long!

I wouldn't complain a bit either longpalms, I'll cash in a little bit and if I can wait it out without having to be forced to turn in my large denoms in a required period of time, I'll wait out the rise for sure! :)

V

• Upvote 1

go RV

This mathematical aberration comes from not reading what Shabibi has actually said for the last 3 years or so ... which is "revalue" (first) then "000's" (second).

The reason it is an aberration is that the current rate is $.000865/IQD .. they maintain that Iraq will remove the 000's out of this making it $.865 and that IS the new rate ... IMO total nonsense .. it doesn't even pass the smell test.

Iraq has 14 denoms of their currency created for them by De La Rue of which we've seen 9. Yesterday I incorrectly said that they would be removing 3 however we don't actually know which (no one has delineated which ... just said the 000's) ... assuming all triple zeroes it should be the 25K, 10K, 5K, 1K which is 4 not 3. They will introduce the remaining 5 for the purpose of commerce ... these are reported at the banks already so when it RI/RVs they will begin big note exchanging for bank balances and smaller change. The big bills will go to the CBI and they will either destroy or hold them.

Lopsters hold that a 25K note will lose the 000's and become equal to a 25 note of a new currency that they will introduce. This is called a redenomination AND IS ONLY DONE IN HYPERINFLATIONARY SITUATIONS WHERE A COUNTRY'S CURRENCY IS SO WHACK THAT IT TAKES A WHEELBARROW FULL OF CASH TO BUY A LOAF OF BREAD. Obviously, with a reported 1.7% inflation rate ... THAT IS NOT IRAQ. In this scenario, once they've made it worth 1/1000 of it's face value then they will RI/RV ... say the lopsters ... and if it were to RI at $3.21 it would then be worth $80.25.

AND if Shabibi hadn't come out time after time to squelch LOP talk ... saying, "of course not" . AND if he hadn't told us from the beginning "revalue" (first) then "000's" (second) then we might wonder about the LOP ... BUT NOT IF YOU READ.

Now this does not preclude the Iraqis from coming out at $.86 ... while many wouldn't appreciate this ... it is 860 times your investment and you can't argue with kind of success! Many will tell you that speculators will beat this up to $5,$6,$7 before plummeting and destroying their economy and all that we and they have fought to gain. I maintain that Shabibi is way too smart for this and will either RI or RV high ... JMO

Someone posted Enorreste's documentation of what Shabibi has said at the CBI about the IQD over the last 3 years or so in sequence ... an excellent read.

So the answer to your question is ... It depends ... RV at $.84 or mathematical aberration would produce what you've suggested ... personally, I don't buy either.

Now ask yourself ... what is it that we could do to change any of these aberrations ... mathematical or a twisting of the facts if any of them were true.

Answer: Nothing ... perhaps we wouldn't buy any more than we did initially ... OR we would sell off

It is my opinion that these ideas are being brought up time and time again by "FEAR MONGERS". Pumpers try to get you to buy (hopefully from them) Fear Mongers want you to abandon your investment. All that does is make me wonder WHY? The internet is full of IQD scam warnings ... no solid facts ... just "scam". WHY?

Conclusion: there is someone who doesn't want you to prosper or at the very least doesn't want you involved?

Yep, that's JMO

Peace

Doc31

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 11

This mathematical aberration comes from not reading what Shabibi has actually said for the last 3 years or so ... which is "revalue" (first) then "000's" (second).

The reason it is an aberration is that the current rate is $.000865/IQD .. they maintain that Iraq will remove the 000's out of this making it $.865 and that IS the new rate ... IMO total nonsense .. it doesn't even pass the smell test.

Iraq has 14 denoms of their currency created for them by De La Rue of which we've seen 9. Yesterday I incorrectly said that they would be removing 3 however we don't actually know which (no one has delineated which ... just said the 000's) ... assuming all triple zeroes it should be the 25K, 10K, 5K, 1K which is 4 not 3. They will introduce the remaining 5 for the purpose of commerce ... these are reported at the banks already so when it RI/RVs they will begin big note exchanging for bank balances and smaller change. The big bills will go to the CBI and they will either destroy or hold them.

Lopsters hold that a 25K note will lose the 000's and become equal to a 25 note of a new currency that they will introduce. This is called a redenomination AND IS ONLY DONE IN HYPERINFLATIONARY SITUATIONS WHERE A COUNTRY'S CURRENCY IS SO WHACK THAT IT TAKES A WHEELBARROW FULL OF CASH TO BUY A LOAF OF BREAD. Obviously, with a reported 1.7% inflation rate ... THAT IS NOT IRAQ. In this scenario, once they've made it worth 1/1000 of it's face value then they will RI/RV ... say the lopsters ... and if it were to RI at $3.21 it would then be worth $80.25.

AND if Shabibi hadn't come out time after time to squelch LOP talk ... saying, "of course not" . AND if he hadn't told us from the beginning "revalue" (first) then "000's" (second) then we might wonder about the LOP ... BUT NOT IF YOU READ.

Now this does not preclude the Iraqis from coming out at $.86 ... while many wouldn't appreciate this ... it is 860 times your investment and you can't argue with kind of success! Many will tell you that speculators will beat this up to $5,$6,$7 before plummeting and destroying their economy and all that we and they have fought to gain. I maintain that Shabibi is way too smart for this and will either RI or RV high ... JMO

Someone posted Enorreste's documentation of what Shabibi has said at the CBI about the IQD over the last 3 years or so in sequence ... an excellent read.

So the answer to your question is ... It depends ... RV at $.84 or mathematical aberration would produce what you've suggested ... personally, I don't buy either.

Now ask yourself ... what is it that we could do to change any of these aberrations ... mathematical or a twisting of the facts if any of them were true.

Answer: Nothing ... perhaps we wouldn't buy any more than we did initially ... OR we would sell off

It is my opinion that these ideas are being brought up time and time again by "FEAR MONGERS". Pumpers try to get you to buy (hopefully from them) Fear Mongers want you to abandon your investment. All that does is make me wonder WHY? The internet is full of IQD scam warnings ... no solid facts ... just "scam". WHY?

Conclusion: there is someone who doesn't want you to prosper or at the very least doesn't want you involved?

Yep, that's JMO

Peace

Doc31

Word! my brother

go RV

.84 to .86 has been mentioned many times by Iraq and CBI for the 1 to 1 ratio, but it really comes out to around 1.17 dinar to 1 dollar!!!

The best thing to do today is just to sit back and enjoy your loved ones, we have much to be thankful for this Labor Day season. To quote the infamous Scarlott (of Gone with the Wind) With the hopes of all of the Dinar Vets, who would know the meaning of the word "Patience": "I'll think of RV/RI tomorrow, I can stand it then. Tomorrow, after my tummy is full, and my family fed, and my credit cards overcharged with Labor Day sales, I'll turn my computer back on and surf dinar vets site again, After all, tomorrow is another day."

I believe the removal of the zero's will come after the RV. Heres an article that says as much

http://www.dinarbanker.com/information-articles/iraqi-dinar-redenomination-and-exchangeability.html

We will have a time period to cash in and then the removal will take place and the bills will be canceled and destroyed. JMO though.

go RV

People can speculate all they want to, but no one and I mean no one knows the rate or date.. Now I do believe that CBI has the rate set but I really believe that they are still bickering over the date. That is news from my intel..

When santions were placed on Iraqi and they de-valued IQD, It was all so stated that when the Santions

were removed and the Crisis that caused the De-Value to occur was removed

The IQD would be Re- In-stated to the Value it obtained Before the Crisis

Then and Only then could They Revalue or Devalue the Currency

JMOP

Yep, that's JMO

Peace

Doc31

My guess is that the .84 rate idea came from a time when the IQD was trading at 1190 to 1 USD which would come to about .00084. My understanding is that the IQD has fluctuated from .00084 to .00086 for some time which is 1190 and 1170 IQDs to the USD. Just my 23 dinars worth.

go RV

not yet... have to wait..

Iraq Business Forecast Report Q1 2010 - new market analysis released

Companies & Markets

© companiesandmarkets.com

06.09.2010 13:30:14 Iraq Business Forecast Report Q1 2010 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com

(live-PR.com) - Iraq’s economic progress depends, above all, on raising oil production levels over the coming years. As such, the recent deals that the government has struck with a number of international oil companies for the development of some of Iraq’s largest oil fields are therefore highly significant. The deals also bode well for Iraq’s second oil licensing round in December 2009,

where the government plans to auction off 10 oilfields. We see real GDP growth averaging 5.6% over the five-year forecast period out to 2014. On the political front, January 2010’s parliamentary elections are another milestone for post-Saddam Iraq. We see the splits that have emerged in the main Sunni and Shi’a political groupings, and the fact that political parties are increasingly prepared to make alliances across sectarian divides, as positive indicators for future stability.

The devastating bombings that hit Baghdad in October could hurt Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki’s support ahead of January’s polls. This could open the door for the main rival to Maliki’s State of Law coalition, the predominately Shi’a National Iraqi Alliance, to achieve electoral success. However, no one coalition is likely to wield overarching power after the elections. This, in conjunction with greater Sunni voter participation, could enhance political stability as lawmakers are forced to compromise to achieve results. An unfortunate by-product is that the legislative process is likely to remain sluggish, and the prospects for the quick passage of the long-delayed hydrocarbon law are dim. The recent oil deals and our expectations for more to follow over the coming quarters support our relatively positive growth outlook over the next five years. So too has our improved outlook for the price of oil. Having revised our oil price forecasts upwards, we now see the government’s fiscal position as far more sustainable. We do still forecast fiscal shortfalls out to 2014, but they should be manageable. Supported by healthy current account surpluses, we expect the central bank to hold the dinar steady at around IQD1,170/US$ over the next five years.

The improvements in the security situation mean that Iraq is now an increasingly viable investment destination, and Baghdad is keen to welcome in foreign businesses. However, investors must be prepared for a myriad of challenges, including endemic corruption, poor infrastructure, an unsophisticated financial services sector and Iraq’s cumbersome bureaucracy. Nonetheless, Iraq is luring greater numbers of foreign companies, and not just into the oil sector. For example, parliament recently approved an amendment to the country’s investment law, allowing foreigners to own land for the purposes of housing projects. This change in legislation will improve the attractiveness of the Iraqi market for overseas property developers.

Click for report details: http://www.companiesandmarkets.com/Summary-Country/iraq-business-forecast-report-q1-2010-195614.asp?prk=5cfd6b3074e7615a471ef4b14edd58b2

Browse all General Market Research Reports

http://www.companiesandmarkets.com/view-report-p64.aspx?prk=5cfd6b3074e7615a471ef4b14edd58b2

Browse all General Company Profile Reports

http://www.companiesandmarkets.com/travel-market-research-reports-p91.aspx?prk=5cfd6b3074e7615a471ef4b14edd58b2

Browse all Latest Market Research Reports

• Upvote 1

V

I agree, has to be higher than that, too much at stake here for so many. :D

Yep, that's JMO

Peace

Doc31

Well said Doc.