Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wednesday Night Opinions @ 8:08 PM CST - 2/15/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt .... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  Article: "Al-Sudani directs a process of re-evaluation of all departments and support for investors". NOTICE THE THEME OF THE ARTICLES THIS WEEK... IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SECOND PACKAGE... FOR THE ECONOMIC REFORM!

Militia Man   One of the things investors in the world need to come into Iraq...they need to have freedom of capital movement.  They must have been assured in the Washington, Baghdad, Istanbul and the meetings that we saw with the IMF and AMF in the last 24 to 48 hours are all coming about telling us that they're going to be going international...

Pimpy  I Love what Guru Nader does.  I dig that he gets out these news stories because these are things that we don't usually have access to and at least it gives us some kind of insight on what's being said over there in Iraq...I like having him part of the community.  I think he's a big plus and an asset to everything that we're doing over here.  So I'm grateful for that... 

Bruce  We got...our lead bank talking about this thing going...[Wednesday] for notifications and Thursday for start of exchanges on liquidity...were are in a position to believe this is a Wednesday/ Thursday time frame which we have from two of our strong sources...our other foreign bank source is giving us this week or possibly early next week...we're looking strong for the next couple of days. And then there's a possibility that if it doesn't go then we are looking really good for the next week, which is a Monday/Tuesday thing... We know this is a process that we're watching unfold. We don't have all the answers but what we have is is very positive... Hopefully we'll see this come to an end this week.

Sandy Ingram  Article: "Congressmen call for more US support for Kurdistan Region, tougher position toward pro-Iran elements in Iraq This cannot be good.  Or it may be the best thing that has happened in the last 10 years.  Congress is actively asking questions and wanting to control the purse strings of America's aid packages to Iraq...

Frank26  [Iraq boots-on-the-ground report] FIREFLY: They are telling us to be careful, to hold onto our dinars and not sell them for the dollar because the dinar may become more valuable than the dollar... FRANK: They tell you to hold onto your dinars?! It's a sanctioned program rate but in the same breath they tell you to hold on because it may be more valuable than the dollar? That's called reading between the lines! 

Suzie   I'd be happy if they stopped there [1310], dropped a zero and moved the decimal point to the 1.31 mark, but the race between the tortoise and the snail continues...😄

Breitling  The Parliament did accept the proposed increase in value of the IQD to 1300 dinar per USD [From the CBI]. This is in part to offset the recent losses in value and to increase the purchasing power of the currency. But it really hasn't worked, the USD is still over 1500..!

:jester: And NOW for our Daily Dose of :trash:

MarkZ  Article:Diamond Jubilee Central Bank of Iraq - 75 years”  They are preparing themselves for a change in value and expanding too accommodate more companies as they are expanding…they are scrambling to get more licensed banks...to handle more currency exchanges. To go from dinar to dollar…from dollar to dinar and other countries’ currencies as well.  Iraq is positioning itself to be a regional powerhouse. :violin:Mark is in the know - again..! :confused2: We shall see...LOL..!

Bruce   We got...our lead bank talking about this thing going...Wednesday for notifications and Thursday for start of exchanges on liquidity...were are in a position to believe this is a Wednesday/Thursday time frame which we have from two of our strong sources...our other foreign bank source is giving us this week or possibly early next week...we're looking strong for the next couple of days. And then there's a possibility that if it doesn't go then we are looking really good for the next week, which is a Monday/Tuesday thing... We know this is a process that we're watching unfold. We don't have all the answers but what we have is is very positive... Hopefully we'll see this come to an end this week. :bs::violin::trash:Well Bruce, it hasn't happened for notifications, so obviously it won't be tomorrow for exchanges. You missed it again  Goose...for the 2,000th time..!

MarkZ ...in the last couple days this rate has gained momentum and more and more people are ditching US dollars so I do not think they need another incremental drop…I think it could just go “Bam” and we get the big one. Still getting mixed reports as to whether we will get a full blown re-instated or revalued rate or if it will be 1 to 1 and float.  About 80% of my bankers feel we will get a final rate out of the gate at the finish line…and 20% believe it will be that float…. I believe the countdown has started…and this thing is ready to blow... Wishful thinking, but you haven't been right YET...LOL..! :violin:

:tiphat:

Edited by ronscarpa
added Breitling
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ronscarpa said:

Breitling  The Parliament did accept the proposed increase in value of the IQD to 1300 dinar per USD [From the CBI]. This is in part to offset the recent losses in value and to increase the purchasing power of the currency. But it really hasn't worked, the USD is still over 1500..!

The deputy of the State of Law coalition, Thaer al-Jubouri, said, on Wednesday, that America will not allow Iraq to leave the Federal Bank of its own volition, while stressing that Washington controls the financial transactions of the Federal Bank.

Al-Jubouri said in an interview with the information agency, “America will not allow Iraq to leave the Federal Bank,” noting that “America has developed policies and paragraphs to serve their own interest at the expense of all countries affiliated with the Federal Bank.”

And he continued, “Washington controls the global financial movement through the electronic Swift system, and Iraq will not be able to exit this system at the present time,” pointing out that “the latter imposes the passage of the dollar in the Federal Bank before it reaches Iraq as a result of the oil sale process.”

And the leader of the National Coalition, Iyad Allawi, had been accused in a televised interview followed by Al-Malouma, that “the United States of America is practicing blackmail against the Sudanese government,” indicating that the decisions of the US Federal Bank are systematic and deliberate to control Iraq.

almaalomah.me

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Wednesday Night Opinions @ 8:08 PM CST - 2/15/2023