Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saturday Night Opinions @ 10:25 PM CST - 1/21/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt .... Especially if it comes from Mark... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  Article: "The Iraqi fans address Al-Sudani from the Basra stadium: “Reduce the dollar.”  CITIZENS CHANT TO SUDANI BRING DOWN THE DOLLAR... BEFORE WE LOOSE CONFIDENCE..!

Clare  Article: "Al-Rashid Bank begins selling dollars to travelers through the Baghdad International Airport branch" Quote: "On Thursday, the governmental Al-Rashid Bank began selling dollars to travelers through the Baghdad International Airport branch, at an amount of (5000) dollars per passenger, at a price of (1470) dinars per dollar." :twothumbs:

Militia Man  With all these convergences going on in Iraq gearing to do an exchange rate change I thing what we're going to see is these convergences come together in a very very short period of time because of...the need for the hydrocarbon law, Article 140, Sinjar agreement, all of these different things are coming together. The 2023 budget being next week, the World Trade Organization have had meetings today that included many countries not only Iraq , they're all waiting on the exchange rate.

:tiphat:And NOW for or :jester:Mark's daily dose of :bs:

MarkZ  There is still very positive chatter. Most of my banking contacts still believe it will happen by the first. Nobody knows the exact date except the handful of folks that pull the trigger. Do I still think January is possible Absolutely. They have positioned the money and could pull the trigger at any time. :trash: It would be nice if he was right this time. We shall see - one of his guesses has to hit.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

10 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Frank26  Article: "The Iraqi fans address Al-Sudani from the Basra stadium: “Reduce the dollar.”  CITIZENS CHANT TO SUDANI BRING DOWN THE DOLLAR... BEFORE WE LOOSE CONFIDENCE..!:salute:

Not disagreeing.  I can't find any news articles at Iraq News or Iraq Financial Times of any evidence of Iraqi fans chanting or demanding Sudani to bring down the Dollar.  Does anybody have any evidence or links to prove or disprove the article?  There are no news articles of the CBI giving Iraqis RV training & education in the mosques.   Keep in mind, Iraq news is usually 2 to 3 days old by the time we hear it.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Luigi1 said:

Not disagreeing.  I can't find any news articles at Iraq News or Iraq Financial Times of any evidence of Iraqi fans chanting or demanding Sudani to bring down the Dollar.  Does anybody have any evidence or links to prove or disprove the article?  There are no news articles of the CBI giving Iraqis RV training & education in the mosques.   Keep in mind, Iraq news is usually 2 to 3 days old by the time we hear it.  Thanks.

There was several posts indicating the original translation in the news was incorrect, and the actual translation was They wanted the dollar rate to be brought down. The post was in one of my earlier Posts or in one of yours..! Here's one: 

Iraqis taking the advantage of being inside the Green Zone chanting and calling the Iraqi Government to fix the exchange rate of the Iraqi Dinar after rapid drops in the last several weeks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

There was several posts indicating the original translation in the news was incorrect, and the actual translation was They wanted the dollar rate to be brought down. The post was in one of my earlier Posts or in one of yours..! Here's one: 

Iraqis taking the advantage of being inside the Green Zone chanting and calling the Iraqi Government to fix the exchange rate of the Iraqi Dinar after rapid drops in the last several weeks.

Thanks for clearing some of that up.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1