Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Any lawyers out there.

caddieman

Not a lawyer, but you signed the CCRs when you purchased. Signing is a form of agreement that you will obey the rules. Some CCRs state if you don't pay the fine they will put a lien on your home. In some cases they can sell your home to collect the fees. Contact the city or county and see if it will stick. Also, if you can get a majority to vote the rule down you might get it struck from the CCRs. Are your streets real narrow?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Not a lawyer, but you signed the CCRs when you purchased. Signing is a form of agreement that you will obey the rules. Some CCRs state if you don't pay the fine they will put a lien on your home. In some cases they can sell your home to collect the fees. Contact the city or county and see if it will stick. Also, if you can get a majority to vote the rule down you might get it struck from the CCRs. Are your streets real narrow?

No not narrow at all

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

You had to sign before you could build! If you don’t sign the ccr you would not get approved 

• Like 1

Life is full of choices.

For me zero desire to live within an area with a bunch of Phoney rules....

Let me guess....garages must be dry walled.....Garage doors can be opened no longer than 15 minutes..no overnight parking in the drive way.....hedges trimmed at all times...sidewalks edged..

Your choice...

More of a Daniel Boone guy myself.....I don't even want to see smoke from my nearest neighbors woodstove.  CL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Life is full of choices.

Let me guess....garages must be dry walled.....Garage doors can be opened no longer than 15 minutes..no overnight parking in the drive way.....hedges trimmed at all times...sidewalks edged..

Your choice...

More of a Daniel Boone guy myself.....I don't even want to see smoke from my nearest neighbors woodstove.  CL 

I agree for the most part with your choices. 

We could not find a home up here that fit the needs at the time and needed to build in an HOA community.

There are pros and cons with living in one.

They do attempt to keep property values up by not letting certain people run rampant with poor outside housekeeping, junk cars littering the street and poor people skills.

Cons would be not being able to do what you want. 

Problem is some people have no idea how to act around other people. They are the reason HOAs came into being.

Some HOAs go to an extreme others not.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

19 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Life is full of choices.

Your choice...

Yes you do but I bought my property at tax sale for under $10,000 at the end of a cul-de-sac in a golf course community and over an acre………so yes I had choices………sort of!😂

55 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Yes you do but I bought my property at tax sale for under $10,000 at the end of a cul-de-sac in a golf course community and over an acre………so yes I had choices………sort of!😂

Just enjoy your choices. Don't let a HOA parking ticket for parking on the street in front of your own home bother you....hopefully that will be the end of it.....CL 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Life is full of choices.

Your choice...

Try burning some good quality, high btu, coal, if you don't have close neighbors..

It burns much longer and you don't have to get up as many times at night to feed the fire.

Also great to have a place with no HOA or restrictions!!

Open Range, and the cows cut my grass and take care of wildfire danger.2019-01-01_16_42_2VSTB401700XVFLR.thumb.jpg.b822403e6fada6c5ea06aa492d00243b.jpg