Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament elects Abdul Latif Rashid as President of Iraq

yota691

The start of the election session for the Iraqi president, attended by 269 deputies in Parliament

Baghdad - people  

The Media Department of the House of Representatives announced, on Thursday, the opening of the session for the election of the President of the Republic, with the attendance of 258 deputies.  

The department said in a statement, of which "Nass" received a copy (October 13, 2022), that "House of Representatives Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi inaugurated the work of session No. (6)."  

The statement added, "The number of attendees is 258."  

Moments later, the media department announced that the number of deputies present had increased to 269.  

me_ga.php?id=42431  

me_ga.php?id=42429  

me_ga.php?id=42428  

me_ga.php?id=42430  

me_ga.php?id=42427  

me_ga.php?id=42432

Parliament publishes a new list of presidential candidates, adding 8 others

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the Iraqi parliament announced a new list of presidential candidates, after adding 8 candidates.  

"Nass" (October 13, 2022) obtained a picture from inside the parliament building, showing the names of 41 candidates for the presidency.  

me_ga.php?id=42381  

Hanan Al-Fatlawi anticipates the election of the Iraqi president: I made a long trip to participate in the session

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, MP Hanan Al-Fatlawi said that she will attend the presidential election session after a 14-hour travel.  

Al-Fatlawi said in a blog post, followed by "Nas" (October 13, 2022), "Iraq elects its president today. I cut short my travels and came back from Kigali in Rwanda with a 14-hour trip with several stops from Kigali... to Addis Ababa... to Amman... to Baghdad to attend the election." ".  

After the withdrawal of Reaper Ahmed

Barzani's party blew it up loudly: We will vote for this candidate as president of Iraq

10.10.2022 - 10:40
Barzani's party blew it up loudly: We will vote for this candidate as president of Iraq

Baghdad - people  

The head of the Democratic bloc in the Iraqi Federal Parliament, Vian Sabri, confirmed on Thursday that Al-Party will participate in today's session and vote in favor of Latif Rashid.  

In a statement to the Kurdish-language channel "K24", which was followed by "Nas" (October 13, 2022), Sabri said that "the Democratic Party deputies will participate in today's session and vote in favor of Latif Rashid."  

And the media affiliated with the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced that a scheduled meeting at Barzani's headquarters in Baghdad will resolve the party's final position regarding the presidential election session scheduled for Thursday.  

The deputy of the party’s bloc in the House of Representatives, Amanj Harki, stated earlier to the party’s media that the KDP’s representatives will meet today (October 13, 2022) with the party’s negotiating delegation consisting of Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein and two Rikani banks in Baghdad to discuss their last position regarding the election of the president.   

"Shakhwan Abdullahi, the second deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, is scheduled to return from Rwanda, but we don't know if he can attend the meeting or not," Harki said.  

Earlier, political sources in Erbil reported that the Kurdistan Democratic Party had decided to withdraw its presidential candidate, Reber Ahmed.   

Those sources told "Nass" that the Democratic Party withdrew Reber Ahmed from the presidential race, provided that he would support the candidate Abdul Latif Rashid.         

For its part, the State of Law coalition welcomed the Kurdistan Democratic Party's initiative to withdraw its presidential candidate, Reber Ahmed, and support candidate Abdul Latif Rashid.           

"We welcome the initiative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party to resolve the political crisis by withdrawing its presidential candidate and supporting Mr. Abdul Latif Rashid as a consensus candidate within the Kurdish House," the coalition said in a statement.           

He added, "As we highly appreciate this initiative, which expresses the priority of the public interest over partisan interests in order to achieve the desired national consensus to complete the constitutional benefits, foremost of which is the election of the President of the Republic in the parliament session scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, we affirm our full support for this step and call on everyone to deal with it as it is the way to go." The only way to end the political impasse that delayed the formation of the government and plunged the country into dangerous slides."          

And media outlets affiliated with the Kurdistan Democratic Party published a statement of the rule of law under the title "Welcome from the rule of law to withdraw Al-Party as his candidate for the presidency."        

For his part, the representative of the New Generation Movement, Muhammad Ismail, said that Bafel Talabani had agreed to the initiative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party to present a consensual candidate for the presidency and vote for the candidate, Abdul Latif Rashid.      

Official: Democratic candidate Reber Ahmed withdraws from the presidential race

Baghdad - people  

Reber Ahmed, the Kurdistan Democratic Party's candidate for the post of President of the Republic, announced on Thursday his withdrawal from the presidential race.  

Ahmed said in a tweet followed by "Nass" (October 13, 2022), that "in order to achieve national consensus and serve the interests of the country and citizens, we have submitted a request to withdraw my candidacy for the post of President of the Republic."  

He added, "Thank you to His Excellency President Masoud Barzani and the Kurdistan Democratic Party for their confidence and nomination for us, and thank you to our political allies, friends and everyone who supported us during the nomination period."  

me_ga.php?id=42389

A statement from the Kurdistan Democratic Party prior to the presidential election session

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced the withdrawal of their candidate, Reber Ahmed, for the post of President of the Republic.  

The political office of the Kurdistan Democratic Party said in a statement that "Nas" received a copy of it (October 13, 2022), that "after the elections that took place in October of last year, we intensified our efforts in the Kurdistan Democratic Party, clearly and publicly, to save the political process in Iraq from The political blockage, through cooperation and dialogue with all the Iraqi forces that won the elections without discrimination, with our full commitment and our esteemed appreciation for the existing agreement between the three main components in Iraq to choose and nominate their candidates for sovereign positions in the Iraqi state, each according to his right.  

He added, "With regard to the position of the President of the Republic in Iraq, which is a merit of the Kurdish component, we have announced to the public and frankly that there must be a Kurdish consensus on assuming the right person for this position because the position represents the entire Kurdish people in federal Iraq."  

He continued, "But unfortunately, there were attempts to neglect this good vision through interventions and an attempt to impose incorrect wills outside the national consensus of the Kurdish people."  

He continued, "For this, on our part, our Kurdistan Democratic Party has nominated (Reber Ahmed) to take over this position. And after all the attempts that tried to disregard the Kurdish consensus failed, and based on our well-established national principles in the Kurdistan Democratic Party and for the success of the process of electing the President of the Republic and establishing the new cabinet formation In the Iraqi federal government, we decided to withdraw our candidate (Reber Ahmed) to take over the post of President of the Republic, with our best wishes for success for the Parliament session and their endeavor to elect the President of the Republic.  

The coordination framework addresses the parliament’s presidency regarding its candidate to form the government (documents)

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the coordination framework officially presented its candidate for the position of prime minister, while the request included a list of the most numerous parliamentary bloc.  

me_ga.php?id=42390  

me_ga.php?id=42392  

me_ga.php?id=42391

Muhammad Shia and Al-Mandalawi meet before the parliament session dedicated to electing the president (photos)

Baghdad - people  

The candidate for the coordination framework for the prime minister, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, arrived on Thursday at the office of the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mohsen Al-Mandalawi.  

And a statement issued by the Media Department of the House of Representatives, a copy of which was received by "Nass", (October 13, 2022), stated that "the prime minister's candidate, Muhammad Shia'a Al-Sudani, has arrived at the office of the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Mohsen Al-Mandalawi."  

me_ga.php?id=42393  

me_ga.php?id=42394  

On Thursday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced the withdrawal of their candidate, Reber Ahmed, for the post of President of the Republic.  

The political office of the Kurdistan Democratic Party said in a statement that "Nas" received a copy of it (October 13, 2022), that "after the elections that took place in October of last year, we intensified our efforts in the Kurdistan Democratic Party, clearly and publicly, to save the political process in Iraq from The political blockage, through cooperation and dialogue with all the Iraqi forces that won the elections without discrimination, with our full commitment and our esteemed appreciation for the existing agreement between the three main components in Iraq to choose and nominate their candidates for sovereign positions in the Iraqi state, each according to his right.    

He added, "With regard to the position of the President of the Republic in Iraq, which is a merit of the Kurdish component, we have announced to the public and frankly that there must be a Kurdish consensus on assuming the right person for this position because the position represents the entire Kurdish people in federal Iraq."    

He continued, "But unfortunately, there were attempts to neglect this good vision through interventions and an attempt to impose incorrect wills outside the national consensus of the Kurdish people."    

He continued, "For this, on our part, our Kurdistan Democratic Party has nominated (Reber Ahmed) to take over this position. And after all the attempts that tried to disregard the Kurdish consensus failed, and based on our well-established national principles in the Kurdistan Democratic Party and for the success of the process of electing the President of the Republic and establishing the new cabinet formation In the Iraqi federal government, we decided to withdraw our candidate (Reber Ahmed) to take over the post of President of the Republic, with our best wishes for success for the Parliament session and their endeavor to elect the President of the Republic.    

Reber Ahmed, the Kurdistan Democratic Party's candidate for the post of President of the Republic, announced on Thursday his withdrawal from the presidential race.  

Ahmed said in a tweet followed by "Nass" (October 13, 2022), that "in order to achieve national consensus and serve the interests of the country and citizens, we have submitted a request to withdraw my candidacy for the post of President of the Republic."    

He added, "Thank you to His Excellency President Masoud Barzani and the Kurdistan Democratic Party for their confidence and nomination for us, and thank you to our political allies, friends and everyone who supported us during the nomination period."    

me_ga.php?id=42389

The head of the Democratic bloc in the Iraqi Federal Parliament, Vian Sabri, confirmed, on Thursday, that Al-Party will participate in today's session and vote in favor of Latif Rashid.  

In a statement to the Kurdish-language channel "K24", which was followed by "Nas" (October 13, 2022), Sabri said that "the Democratic Party deputies will participate in today's session and vote in favor of Latif Rashid."    

And the media affiliated with the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced that a scheduled meeting at Barzani's headquarters in Baghdad will resolve the party's final position regarding the presidential election session scheduled for Thursday.    

The deputy of the party’s bloc in the House of Representatives, Amanj Harki, stated earlier to the party’s media that the KDP’s representatives will meet today (October 13, 2022) with the party’s negotiating delegation consisting of Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein and two Rikani banks in Baghdad to discuss their last position regarding the election of the president.     

"Shakhwan Abdullahi, the second deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, is scheduled to return from Rwanda, but we don't know if he can attend the meeting or not," Harki said.    

Earlier, political sources in Erbil reported that the Kurdistan Democratic Party had decided to withdraw its presidential candidate, Reber Ahmed.   

Those sources told "Nass" that the Democratic Party withdrew Reber Ahmed from the presidential race, provided that he would support the candidate Abdul Latif Rashid.           

For its part, the State of Law coalition welcomed the Kurdistan Democratic Party's initiative to withdraw its presidential candidate, Reber Ahmed, and support candidate Abdul Latif Rashid.             

"We welcome the initiative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party to resolve the political crisis by withdrawing its presidential candidate and supporting Mr. Abdul Latif Rashid as a consensus candidate within the Kurdish House," the coalition said in a statement.             

He added, "As we highly appreciate this initiative, which expresses the priority of the public interest over partisan interests in order to achieve the desired national consensus to complete the constitutional benefits, foremost of which is the election of the President of the Republic in the parliament session scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, we affirm our full support for this step and call on everyone to deal with it as it is the way to go." The only way to end the political impasse that delayed the formation of the government and plunged the country into dangerous slides."            

And media outlets affiliated with the Kurdistan Democratic Party published a statement of the rule of law under the title "Welcome from the rule of law to withdraw Al-Party as his candidate for the presidency."          

For his part, the representative of the New Generation Movement, Muhammad Ismail, said that Bafel Talabani had agreed to the initiative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party to present a consensual candidate for the presidency and vote for the candidate, Abdul Latif Rashid.        

On Thursday, the Iraqi parliament announced a new list of presidential candidates, after adding 8 candidates.  

"Nass" (October 13, 2022) obtained a picture from inside the parliament building, showing the names of 41 candidates for the presidency.    

me_ga.php?id=42381

On Thursday, the Iraqi parliament set the timing of the presidential election session.  

According to a document obtained by "Nass" (October 13, 2022), the House of Representatives has set the eleventh hour as the date for holding the presidential election session.  

me_ga.php?id=42379

The final hours of the decision.. “Nass” coverage of the presidential election session

Baghdad - people   

"Nas News" launches an open and comprehensive coverage of the political movement for the election of the President of the Republic, which will include the transmission of the latest news, comments and political positions, before the expected parliamentary session today, Thursday.  

Until 12:15 in the afternoon, the session, which was scheduled to take place at eleven in the morning, did not take place.  

At a time when the Media Department of the Iraqi Parliament confirmed that the session was not postponed until 1 pm, after news spread about it.  

But the Parliament bell rang, signaling the start of the session at twelve thirty-five minutes.  

The House of Representatives began a secret vote to choose the President of the Iraqi Republic.  

On Thursday, the Media Department of the House of Representatives announced the opening of the presidential election session, in the presence of 258 deputies    

The constituency stated in a statement, of which "Nass" received a copy (October 13, 2022), that "the fifth electoral cycle, of the first legislative year, the second legislative term, Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi inaugurated the works of session No. (6)."      

Moments later, the media department announced that the number of deputies present had increased to 269.    

The presidential candidates, including the current president, Barham Salih, and candidate Abdul Latif Rashid, arrived at the parliament building prior to the session.  

me_ga.php?id=42420  

me_ga.php?id=42421  

On Thursday, the coordination framework officially presented its candidate for the position of prime minister, while the request included a list of the most numerous parliamentary bloc.    

me_ga.php?id=42390  

me_ga.php?id=42392  

me_ga.php?id=42391  

The Political Bureau of the Kurdistan Democratic Party said in a statement, "From our side, our Kurdistan Democratic Party has nominated (Reber Ahmed) to take over this position. And after all attempts to disregard the Kurdish consensus failed, and based on our well-established national principles in the Kurdistan Democratic Party and for the success of the process The election of the President of the Republic and the establishment of the new ministerial formation in the Iraqi federal government, we have decided to withdraw our candidate (Reber Ahmed) to take over the position of President of the Republic, with our best wishes for success for the Parliament session and their endeavor to elect the President of the Republic.    

Ahmed said in a tweet, "In order to achieve national consensus and serve the interests of the country and citizens, we have submitted a request to withdraw my candidacy for the post of President of the Republic."    

The head of the Democratic bloc in the Iraqi Federal Parliament, Vian Sabri, confirmed, on Thursday, that Al-Party will participate in today's session and vote in favor of Latif Rashid.    

On Thursday, MP Hanan Al-Fatlawi said that she will attend the presidential election session after a 14-hour travel.    

me_ga.php?id=42419  

An atmosphere of tension and an exchange of accusations prevailed between the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the security authorities under its influence on the one hand, and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and its security wings on the other, coinciding with the start of the countdown to resolving the presidential nominations scheduled for Thursday.    

Last night, the Kurdistan Security Council (the highest security authority in the region), affiliated with the Kurdistan Democratic Forces, published video and recorded testimonies of officers and security elements in which they admitted that they had carried out the assassination of a colonel in the anti-terrorist apparatus in Erbil who recently defected from the security authorities of Sulaymaniyah following the internal divisions of the Union between the two wings Bafel Talabani and Lahore Sheikh Janki more than a year ago.    

A few hours after broadcasting the video recording of the confessions, the General Directorate of the Union's Counter-Terrorism Service (CTG) issued a statement strongly denying the accusations against its officers in the operation of the Erbil officer. The statement linked the issue with the insistence of the National Union on its candidate for the presidency, Barham Salih.    

Parliament bell rings, marking the start of the Iraqi president's election session

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the "Nass" correspondent reported that the parliament bell had been rung for the deputies to enter the hall and to start the session devoted to electing the President of the Republic.  

Dozens of deputies were in the parliament cafeteria, waiting for the session scheduled for eleven in the morning, coinciding with the arrival of the presidential candidates to the parliament building.  

The House of Representatives begins a secret vote to choose the President of the Republic

Baghdad - people   

The House of Representatives began a secret vote to choose the President of the Iraqi Republic.  

On Thursday, the Media Department of the House of Representatives announced the opening of the presidential election session, in the presence of 258 deputies  

The constituency stated in a statement, of which "Nass" received a copy (October 13, 2022), that "the fifth electoral cycle, of the first legislative year, the second legislative term, Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi inaugurated the works of session No. (6)."    

The secret voting of the deputies to choose the President of the Republic has ended and the counting has begun

Baghdad - people   

The deputies present at the parliament session devoted to electing the President of the Republic, Thursday, ended the secret vote in the first round of the voting process.  

Our correspondent reported that the deputies who formed the actual attendance of the deputies during the session, according to what was announced by the media department, finished the secret vote.  

After that, the counting process began for 277 deputies who participated in voting.  

The framework informs Al-Halbousi of the formation of the largest bloc and nominates Al-Sudani to head the government

{Political: Al Furat News} The coordinating framework informed Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi of the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc.

A source told {Euphrates News} that "the framework also informed Al-Halousi of his nomination of MP Muhammad Al-Sudani to head the government."

Today, the House of Representatives is scheduled to hold a special session to elect a President of the Republic as a step towards ending the political deadlock towards forming a government, a year after the early parliamentary elections were held on October 10, 2021.

Parliamentary Legal: Completion of all procedures for electing the President of the Republic

{Local: Al Furat News} The Parliamentary Legal Committee confirmed, on Thursday, the completion of all procedures for electing the president of the republic, indicating, we are waiting for the announcement of the holding of the session for the election of the president

Aref Al-Hamami, a member of the Legal Committee, told {Euphrates News}, "We are waiting for the announcement of the convening of the session for the election of the President of the Republic, and all the legal procedures for holding the session are ready."

He added, "We hope that the quorum will be achieved and the members of the Kurdistan Democratic Party are present at the session," explaining that "the initiative of serious efforts to end the file of the Presidency of the Republic today." 

From.. Raghad Daham

• Time: 10/13/2022 11:24:11
  •  
  • Reading: 1,599 times
Democrat withdraws candidate Riber Ahmed from presidential race

{Political: Al Furat News} The Minister of Interior of the Kurdistan Region, Reber Ahmed, announced that he has withdrawn his candidacy from the presidential elections for the Kurdistan Democratic Party.

"In order to achieve national consensus and serve the interests of the country and the citizens, we have submitted a request to withdraw my candidacy for the post of President of the Republic," Rieber said in a tweet on Twitter, which was seen by {Euphrates News}. 

He added, "Thank you to President Masoud Barzani and the Kurdistan Democratic Party for their confidence and nomination for us, and thank you to our political allies, our friends, and everyone who supported us during the nomination period." 

• Time: 10/13/2022 11:49:02
  •  
  • Reading: 1,469 times
The arrival of Bafel Talabani and Barham Salih to the House of Representatives

{Political: Al Furat News} The President of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Bafel Talabani, and the presidential candidate for the Patriotic Union, Barham Salih, arrived in the House of Representatives.

Parliament is scheduled to hold a special session today to elect a president.

The Kurdistan Democratic Party announced the withdrawal of its candidate, Reber Ahmed, from the presidential race, and its support for candidate Latif Rashid.

• Time: 10/13/2022 12:40:14
  •  
  • Reading: 676 times
Chihod: 30 undeclared candidates in the presidential election

{Political: Al-Furat News} The deputy of the State of Law bloc, Muhammad Al-Sihoud, revealed 30 other candidates other than the names nominated in the presidential election

Chihod told {Euphrates News} that "the presidential nomination was not limited to the announced names, as there are about 30 other candidates."

He added, "The Kurdistan Democratic Party withdrew the candidacy of Riber Ahmed, and we, as a framework deputies, will wait for the course of the session that will resolve this issue."

It is expected that the parliament session will be held shortly, in the presence of a large number of representatives and presidential candidates, Barham Salih and Latif Rashid, as well as a number of political figures and diplomatic missions.

The Green Zone and its surroundings were bombed by 9 Katyusha rockets, causing injuries among the security forces and civilians.

photo 2022 10 13 12 51 44

mmngdxcc

photo 2022 10 13 12 55 57 (2)

photo 2022 10 13 12 55 57

photo 2022 10 13 12 55 55

photo 2022 10 13 12 55 56

{Political: Al Furat News} Members of the House of Representatives entered the great hall in preparation for holding a session to elect the president of the republic.

The competition has become almost exclusively between the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) candidate Barham Salih and Latif Rashid, among dozens of candidates.

• Time: 10/13/2022 13:19:42
  •  
  • Reading: 1,599 times
Two Kurdish candidates withdraw from the presidential elections

{Political: Al Furat News} Two Kurdish candidates submitted a request to the presidency of the Council to withdraw the nomination for the post of President of the Republic.

And the two candidates who have withdrawn are Raybor Ahmed and Omar Al-Barzanji.

{Political: Al Furat News} A parliamentary source revealed the number of votes required for a candidate to win the presidential election.

The source told {Euphrates News} that "the first round of secret balloting, if the candidate gets 220 votes, then he will go to a second round between the first and second winners, and whoever gets the highest votes will win the position of the presidency."
He added, "In the second round, any candidate who gets more than 165 votes will be the president of the country."

Continuing the counting and manual counting of the votes for the election of the President of the Republic

{Political: Al Furat News} The House of Representatives began a secret vote to elect the President of the Republic.

The competition has become almost exclusively between the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) candidate Barham Salih and Latif Rashid, among dozens of candidates.

The counting and manual counting of the votes for the election of the President of the Republic shall continue after the secret ballot is completed.

The end of the secret vote to elect the President of the Republic and direct counting and sorting

{Political: Al Furat News} The process of deputies voting to elect the President of the Republic in the parliament session has ended.

The House of Representatives began the process of counting and sorting the ballots.

The number of signatories reached 277, which is the same number of voters.

• Time: 10/13/2022 15:32:00
  •  
  • Reading: 2,041 times
Resorting to a second round after no candidate obtains two-thirds of the votes

{Political: Al Furat News} No candidate was able to obtain two-thirds of the votes in the race for the presidency of the Iraqi republic, so a second round was resorted to to decide the winning candidate.

Candidate Abdel Latif Rashid received 157 votes, while candidate Barham Salih received 99. 

In the second round, one of the candidates requires more than 165 votes to win the presidency.