Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone else feeling hopeless?

Hopeful Leo

Nope ... our solution is to just keep buying. We sponsor kids internationally ... the longer they screw around the more we have! I know that they will never know or feel the pain but it's my way of "making them pay" for their stubborness.

If it had RI/RV'd in April I would have significantly less than I do now ... May, a lot less ... June, not near as much ... July less than we do now ... August 4th, again we have more than we did last week!

My group has bought weekly consistently for about 9 months and several times a month prior to that. We bought 3X week before last, 4X last week, and once (significantly) this week.

Think the old Fram commercial where the mechanic says, "you can pay me now ... or you can pay me later (huge implied)"

That's how we deal with it.

Peace

Doc 31

• Upvote 1

Since you consider it an "investment," why not peruse a few forums dedicated to foreign currencies? Consult a certified foreign currency investment advisor, preferably someone with an MBA. Learn what is actually happening with oil contracts in the area, learn more about how the Sunni and Shiite divide affects local commerce, and who has the most influence and control. Study the relationship of currency to GDP, study how currency actually appreciates relative to all the other global currencies that are traded daily. Perhaps study how currency is actually valued and what factors cause money to appreciate and depreciate. There are tons of things you can do rather than come to what amounts to little more than a "support" forum for people with a similar "dream."

There are professional people in the know whose professional opinion probably wouldn't be welcomed here, but can still provide valuable insight into what really influences the RV of a currency. Just a few modest suggestions since you are referring to your purchase of Dinar as an investment...

Hope and Dreams are wonderful parts of living, but have very little to do with the mathematics, economics and global politics involved with establishing the value of currency or currency contracts.

Warm wishes and much hope to you and yours.

• Upvote 2

Nope ... our solution is to just keep buying. We sponsor kids internationally ... the longer they screw around the more we have! I know that they will never know or feel the pain but it's my way of "making them pay" for their stubborness.

If it had RI/RV'd in April I would have significantly less than I do now ... May, a lot less ... June, not near as much ... July less than we do now ... August 4th, again we have more than we did last week!

My group has bought weekly consistently for about 9 months and several times a month prior to that. We bought 3X week before last, 4X last week, and once (significantly) this week.

Think the old Fram commercial where the mechanic says, "you can pay me now ... or you can pay me later (huge implied)"

That's how we deal with it.

Peace

Doc 31

Us TOO!!! I'm thinking..."What else can I sell!!!???" Gotta buy more!!

I know how you guys feel, believe me.

With the confusion and frustration in Iraq, the economy, the political situation in this country, everything seemed to be closing in on me and I got really really depressed. So depressed that I called a suicide hot-line.

As it turns out the hot-line was located in Pakistan. When they found out that I was suicidal, they got real excited and asked me if I knew how to drive a truck! :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Since you consider it an "investment," why not peruse a few forums dedicated to foreign currencies? Consult a certified foreign currency investment advisor, preferably someone with an MBA. Learn what is actually happening with oil contracts in the area, learn more about how the Sunni and Shiite divide affects local commerce, and who has the most influence and control. Study the relationship of currency to GDP, study how currency actually appreciates relative to all the other global currencies that are traded daily. Perhaps study how currency is actually valued and what factors cause money to appreciate and depreciate. There are tons of things you can do rather than come to what amounts to little more than a "support" forum for people with a similar "dream."

There are professional people in the know whose professional opinion probably wouldn't be welcomed here, but can still provide valuable insight into what really influences the RV of a currency. Just a few modest suggestions since you are referring to your purchase of Dinar as an investment...

Hope and Dreams are wonderful parts of living, but have very little to do with the mathematics, economics and global politics involved with establishing the value of currency or currency contracts.

Warm wishes and much hope to you and yours.

Are you invested in the dinar?

So what did you do Rhnda?

I purchased a million for shits and grins to hedge the Infinitesimal possibility that I could be wrong. I do not however discuss this fact with people I know :) My personal analysis is that the dinar may RV at some point because the Iraqis need to control this currency before it will ever have any chance for significant appreciation. There are currently too many dinar in circulation for an RV at $1US dollar to even be remotely possible. My opinion as to how this RV will happen IS NOT popular on this forum...I believe that if the currency is to RV, much of today's currency will be pulled out of circulation, smaller denominations will be issued, and that the new base value after a LOP will have the currency maintaining it's current purchasing power and value.....there should be no significant gains or losses for either the Iraqis or the investors.....The large denoms that we have purchased will be LOPPED. There will be no net loss nor gain as all the adjustments are made. I do not believe this currency will create any significant wealth for anyone....You really can't have trillions of dinar in circulation and then have an arbitrary RV on par with the dollar or the Euro. If your nation's GDP is 100-200 billion, it really is impossible to have trillions of your currency floating around on the markets....all the other currencies in the world would suddenly have their currencies devalued for the dinar to trade at $1US dollar...It just doesn't work this way - ANYWHERE or ANYTIME....Way down the road, if the geo political situation stabilizes (not likely with IRAN as your neighbor) there may be a gradual upside to the currency. Regretfully though, the common monetary fiction portrayed on this forum, is much more wishful thinking than applied economics.

I noticed in a thread the other day that Adam hinted that the worse case scenario, there will be a LOP and that we will break even. I think on his part that was a very responsible post and probably a good idea to plant a passive seed regarding the more likely outcome of our dinar purchases...I think that as the year progresses and ends, and there is still no RV, this will become increasingly apparent to even the dreamers and the hopeful.

Now you should see a bunch of red show up!!!

Best of luck to you in all your financial endeavors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well if we do not see one DIME.(which I hope we do as My hubby thinks I have gone crazy buying more and worrying over it--he says it will happen be patient yea right,,LOL .)...I can say that I have been blessed that a bunch of strangers(dinar friends) can make someone feel SO MUCH BETTER......So a BIG thanks to all............. ;)

Edited by 2dinar1dong

WITH IRAQ GOING TO BE THE RICHEST NATION IN THE WORLD AND THEIR ISX GETTING READY TO GO INTERNATIONAL AND ALL THE BUSINESS WAITING TO GO TO IRAQ THE DINAR WILL RISE IN VALUE. I HAVE NO DOUBTS. NOW WHEN THIS HAPPENS I CANNOT SAY.............OR EVEN SPECULATE LIKE THE "GURUS"

I am not a guru but I think this could happen before the 11th. Just keep the faith.

i can totaly relate... there are times i just want to throw in the towel and just give up ... i read so many articles.. and posts.. and everyday it changes.. but at the end of the day. we just have to have faith that it will happen and not just look at all the dates that put out there.. remain with your feet planted on the ground and breath... in and out..

Rhnda,

Now I am feeling like I got took by buying 2 mil. Does anyone have any other viewpoints to this?

I am cutting and pasting this article...

Why "slow grow" and "lop" are not options for Iraq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are those who continue to feel as though the 'slow grow' and/or 'lop' options are still very much a possibility for the CBI to consider for the Iraqi Dinar. Here are some reasons why neither of these options will work or will not be done:

*Iraq is awash with oil, and we learned a long time ago from Jed Clampett that those who are awash with oil are soon to be awash with money. As soon as the oil begins to flow in large quantities, there will be no need of a lop.

*A lop will only hurt Iraq, not help it. The US, Britain, Australia, Russia, China, all the Middle Eastern countries, Japan, etc. all hold vast amounts of the NID. All of these countries have either invested heavily in bringing Iraq to the point they are now, or are huge creditors to Iraq. A lop would be a hard slap in the face of each of these nations. If that were to happen, each nation would either slap Iraq with bills for the money and time they have invested in Iraq or they would revoke their agreement to forgive Iraq its massive dept still owed from the Sadam era. I believe it is safe to say, the reason these countries are willing to forgive Iraq and/or help Iraq at this point is because they hold much Dinar and they know very well it will be worth much in the near future.

* A lop would mean a reprint of currency. At a time when the GOI is struggling to make its currency a fully convertible and respected currency around the world, a lop and subsequent reprint and redistribution of a new currency would instantly destroy any progress made in that direction, and would assure that the currency of Iraq, (who, don't forget, is soon to be a world player in the planet's most valuable commodity, OIL!) would be worthless and unstable.

* The citizens of Iraq have been told to get and hold Dinar because it is going to be worth much soon. If you think there is unrest in the country now, wait to see what will happen if the government cuts the expected values of the citizens money by 1000%

* The GOI will not lop because Turkey did. They will want to have the ability to say to their hated neighbors.. Our currency is stronger than yours has ever been, We RVed, ha! ha!... you lopped!

I understand that this was never a guaranteed thing (more like a gamble), but I have only been very positive in my own mind about the RV. Lots to back it up, just seemed to make sense. I have honestly always thought that something would come out of this. Even if I *only* doubled my investment.

With the recent posts I'm starting to think it won't happen.....or that we may have been duped (sp?)......anyone else going through this? Is this a "down" on the roller coaster ride? Will I feel differently in a few days...or longer?

I haven't been on this site very long to know how the ride goes.....someone enlighten me please.

PLease know that first of all we are are very lucky to be here to ride this roller coaster. There was a man who vested what he could afford in hopes it would pay off so he could better his health. The money didn't come, the help didn't come soon enough and he died. I can very much afford what I have invested but the money I speculate will help others lives to live. Lets just hang in there becouse when it comes we will be able to help so many... In the mean time......... we still need to give as much as we can and I don't mean money but I mean love.

Blessings

Edited by carlablum
  • Upvote 1

Im posting on the 3rd page and wondering why none of the so call gurus or people in the know responded to this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys feel guilty or what??? Sometimes I wonder how much they get paid to come on everyday and post their guru post like they know everything and it never happens. Thanks Gurus but again no thanks for so many miss leading info!!! Get it right at least 50% of the time but these guys are wrong 99%!

• Upvote 2

I purchased a million for shits and grins to hedge the Infinitesimal possibility that I could be wrong. I do not however discuss this fact with people I know :) My personal analysis is that the dinar may RV at some point because the Iraqis need to control this currency before it will ever have any chance for significant appreciation. There are currently too many dinar in circulation for an RV at $1US dollar to even be remotely possible. My opinion as to how this RV will happen IS NOT popular on this forum...I believe that if the currency is to RV, much of today's currency will be pulled out of circulation, smaller denominations will be issued, and that the new base value after a LOP will have the currency maintaining it's current purchasing power and value.....there should be no significant gains or losses for either the Iraqis or the investors.....The large denoms that we have purchased will be LOPPED. There will be no net loss nor gain as all the adjustments are made. I do not believe this currency will create any significant wealth for anyone....You really can't have trillions of dinar in circulation and then have an arbitrary RV on par with the dollar or the Euro. If your nation's GDP is 100-200 billion, it really is impossible to have trillions of your currency floating around on the markets....all the other currencies in the world would suddenly have their currencies devalued for the dinar to trade at $1US dollar...It just doesn't work this way - ANYWHERE or ANYTIME....Way down the road, if the geo political situation stabilizes (not likely with IRAN as your neighbor) there may be a gradual upside to the currency. Regretfully though, the common monetary fiction portrayed on this forum, is much more wishful thinking than applied economics.

I noticed in a thread the other day that Adam hinted that the worse case scenario, there will be a LOP and that we will break even. I think on his part that was a very responsible post and probably a good idea to plant a passive seed regarding the more likely outcome of our dinar purchases...I think that as the year progresses and ends, and there is still no RV, this will become increasingly apparent to even the dreamers and the hopeful.

Now you should see a bunch of red show up!!!

Best of luck to you in all your financial endeavors.

Are you a fellow Epistemologist? haha...no worries...

Don't get discouraged, it's been 61/2 years for me and I too, have been on many roller coaster rides with this thing. There were many obstacles for Iraq when I bought mine, now most have been removed. The biggest thing now is the forming of the new government, after that happens the lifting of Ch7 sanctions is a near certainty. Once those two things happen the rv is on its way, it's frustrating but the good news is once these events get rolling it could all happen in a matter of days. Keep the faith!

• Upvote 1

Good points Teresa ... but let me add this to the pot...

4. Iraqs situation is very unique indeed ... Since they are sitting on what may be the 2nd largest reserves of sweet lite crude ( with the lowest production cost / barrel of anywhere else in the world , about $2 USD / barrel ) in the world ,and possibly the largest natural gas reserves of anywhere else in the world , they will be one of the richest countries in the world . So , if logic follows as it should, in this unique situation, will will see a very good ROI .It just takes patience.An opportunity such as this may never , ever, come along again in anyones lifetime, so, keep the faith !

I've waited five years myself and will wait five more if need be ( I hope it's this year though!)

God bless you all , my DV family !

Thank you for just a little hope .I to will wait till the cows come home then ill have steak .

Good points Teresa ... but let me add this to the pot...

4. Iraqs situation is very unique indeed ... Since they are sitting on what may be the 2nd largest reserves of sweet lite crude ( with the lowest production cost / barrel of anywhere else in the world , about $2 USD / barrel ) in the world ,and possibly the largest natural gas reserves of anywhere else in the world , they will be one of the richest countries in the world . So , if logic follows as it should, in this unique situation, will will see a very good ROI .It just takes patience.An opportunity such as this may never , ever, come along again in anyones lifetime, so, keep the faith !

I've waited five years myself and will wait five more if need be ( I hope it's this year though!)

God bless you all , my DV family !

• Upvote 1