Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Judge sentences men to write down names of 6,700 fallen service members in stolen-valor case

SocalDinar

Judge sentences men to write down names of 6,700 fallen service members in stolen-valor case

Frank Lindsey wears a veterans hat surrounded by flags as he attends a Veterans Day parade Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014, in Montgomery, Ala. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson) ** FILE **
Frank Lindsey wears a veterans hat surrounded by flags as he attends a Veterans Day parade Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014, in Montgomery, Ala. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson) ** FILE ** more >
By Bailey Vogt - The Washington Times - Friday, August 30, 2019

Two men who faked being U.S. military veterans were sentenced to write down the 6,756 names of Americans killed in the Iraqi and Afghanistan wars in a unique sentence handed down by a Montana judge last week.

The two Great Falls, Montana men — Ryan Morris and Troy Nelson — attempted to claim veteran status to receive lesser sentences and to be admitted to Veterans Treatment Court, run by Cascade County District Judge Greg Pinski, which provides addiction and healthcare treatment for former service members.

Judge Pinski scolded the men for falsely claiming military veteran status by reading the names of Montanans who had died in the Middle East serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and showing them a video of a man who allegedly faked his service being confronted by veterans, according to KTVH.

Morris was then sentenced to 10 years in prison for a burglary conviction with a three-year suspension while Mr. Nelson received five years with a two-year suspension.

However, once their sentences are up, Judge Pinski has additional work Morris and Nelson need to accomplish before they can be considered for parole. They will have to handwrite all 6,756 Americans killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and additionally must handwrite all forty obituaries of Montanans killed in combat.

They must also handwrite apology letters to seven veterans organizations, complete 441 hours of community service, and must, while under supervision of the court, wear signs during local Memorial and Veterans Day ceremonies that read: “I AM A LIAR. I AM NOT A VETERAN. I STOLE VALOR. I DISHONORED ALL VETERANS.”

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, new york kevin said:

I like that. I like it alot. Any Vet on the inside may also express their displeasure with their actions. Seems like an adequate sentence.  Hope more Judges do this in any similar case. Oorah !

Hooah!!! Stolen Valor...got caught...pay the price!!! 👍🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, balkanbob said:

The Judge did that right thing. Did not see it on network T.V.

And you never will.

The mainstream media - being a tool for the left - is not apt to go against their

evil masters' idiot-ology.

The left has far too much invested in undermining, belittling, insulting, vilifying & flat-out HATING our History,

Heroes, Law Enforcement, First Responders, Military, et al.

They'd much rather report on what they consider to be the fine, brave works of their real 'heroes'...

The violent Antifa, Black Lives Matter, occupy Wall Street, ho'bummer's 'pastor',

AOC & her squad-of-hateful witches,  brain-washing leftist 'professors',

that great kommie idealist - Bernie Sanders, Che, Mao, Castro & the other super-haters they worship.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1