Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The GOI And The Aug 4 Deadline

Doc31

The GOI And The Aug 4 Deadline  

219 members have voted

1. 1. How will the GOI respond to the August 4th deadline?

• Hurry up and elect the officials themselves
    • The UN will have to choose for them
    • The UN will cave in and move the date (remember April 15 & June 15)
    • Other (respond with a post below to clarify)

Okay ... there is still time to get your vote in!

It is August 3 10:34 am eastern time and with 4978 views and 27 replies ...

174 members have already cast there votes

1) Hurry up and elect the officials themselves ********* 30 votes

2) the UN will choose for them either by inability to choose, apathy, or preferential choice ********* 55 votes

3) Will the UN cave and move the date (remember April 15 and June 15) **** 85 votes

4) Other (you will need to respond with a post below to clarify ************* 4 votes

Again, if you haven't voted please do so now!

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 1

Voted #3 ..

The UN as gutless as it is, IMO still understands the importance of Iraq getting it done themselves.

The people of Iraq in so many ways, risked their lives to VOTE.

If the will of the people is not followed, and a UN govt. seated despite this, it will shatter this young democracy.

They are so used to someone telling them what to do, some one (US or UN) needs to impress (maybe with a foot strategically placed)

to get the job done. Don't go home till it is done. Do what is best for Iraq, not themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it just seems like its so easy to end all of this, allawi won. this has been verified and re-verified. if somehow he isnt allowed to take his position the democratic haters will have a field day with this botched election. he won put him in office.

Seriously! Enough already. +1

• Upvote 1

Voted #3 ..

The UN as gutless as it is, IMO still understands the importance of Iraq getting it done themselves.

The people of Iraq in so many ways, risked their lives to VOTE.

If the will of the people is not followed, and a UN govt. seated despite this, it will shatter this young democracy.

They are so used to someone telling them what to do, some one (US or UN) needs to impress (maybe with a foot strategically placed)

to get the job done. Don't go home till it is done. Do what is best for Iraq, not themselves.

I agree entirely. Their nation is like an individual who has lived too long in captivity and can no longer make his own decisions. Let us pray the GOI is seated soon and that their nation can begin to be truly free.

I love your avatar, may we all be thankful that we have a constitution, that is followed (however imperfectly) and remember gratitude and blessings to all those who serve our country to keep us (and others) free.

• Upvote 1

I too chose number 1 because it is my hope for the people of Iraq that they feel at least a little more empowered by the opportunity to participate in a democracy. even if they don't get it right sometimes, they deserve the chance to take pride in a government which represents them. (or even to suffer the consequences of being disappointed in the government their country has elected, as we know the feeling of all too well.) Thinking of their fledgling democracy made me be grateful yet again that all of our wise forefathers had the divine intervention to have been born in the same time period, to have come together in mind and spirit to draft the Declaration of Independence, and to have had the courage to have seen our country through the revolution. God saw (and still sees) us through the tough times in our country, and I pray that he will see the people of Iraq through toward being recognized internationally as a country that is capable of taking care of themselves. (Mentioning the above forefathers, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't also mention being grateful to all the courageous men and women who have given their lives and service to our country, to defend our freedoms and protect our way of life throughout all of American History!) May God Bless the USA, and May God Bless Iraq!

• Upvote 1

The Obama Administration has shown again and again the lack of knowledge, integrity and sensibility of any national or internationa issue! This government is very quick at retreating and will not confront facts when needed!

Completely agree...

• Upvote 1