Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

scooter chat 07-18-10

Dinarkicker

20:15:40 [scooter] General Budget 2010 --- Law

20:15:49 [scooter] Be done in four

20:15:53 [scooter] People in the name

20:16:05 [scooter] Presidential Council

20:16:09 [scooter] (I / 61) article with the provisions of a dish by the Presidency Council and approved by the Council of Representatives approved the construction of the Constitution (a - V / 138) and Article

20:16:20 [scooter] The following law was passed

20:16:36 [scooter] 2010 / year) (No. 2010 / for the year of the Federal Republic of Iraq to the General Budget Law

20:16:51 [scooter] ((First chapter))

20:16:54 [scooter] Income

20:17:06 [scooter] 1 Article

20:17:32 [scooter] 61735312500) the amount of 2010 / for the year of the General Federal budget revenues are estimated: First JD A ( Five hundred million and ten billion, three hundred praised Thirty-five thousand seven hundred and sixty-one)

20:17:47 [scooter] The law in this Supplement (major accounts in accordance with a revenue / table), as shown in

20:17:57 [scooter] Which are set by the amounts of grants associated with the Ministry to register all non-actors and ministries committed to: a second

20:18:08 [scooter] Mention of a final A

20:18:12 [scooter] Granted that for the purposes of re-allocation of the Federal Finance Ministry and the Federal Assembly of the Exchequer

20:18:20 [scooter] And that for which

20:18:28 [scooter] Be accepted after the Ministry of non-associated and those of the ministries given to voluntary credits are: a third

20:18:38 [scooter] Finance Minister

20:18:43 [scooter] For it was granted for the purposes for which according to a Ministry of the exchange associated with the non-party or the ministry

20:19:09 [scooter] then the good stuff --- which I'm holding back until its fully understoood

20:19:11 [scooter] happens

20:19:20 [scooter] Less than 4 minutes

20:19:25 [scooter] Beautiful

20:19:30 [scooter] I am goooooooood

20:20:16 [scooter] one --- show's that this was planned out last year in 2009

20:20:33 [scooter] confirming the world bank and imf strategy of "UnderPinning"

20:20:44 [scooter] don't listen

20:20:48 [scooter] either do I

20:20:52 [scooter] just kidding

20:21:24 [scooter] it shows the monies appropriated for this year under old rate

20:21:30 [margiotta42] 2010 budget was developed in 2009

20:21:40 [scooter] and shows what the new amount will be for the remaining part of year

20:21:43 [scooter] with new rate

20:21:43 [tater] thats what I thought that meant

20:21:52 [scooter] do you understand now!!!

20:21:59 [scooter] Here's the best part

Scooter does it say when?

20:22:10 [plkoe] Old Rate?? (vs) New rate

20:22:29 [scooter] plkoe I thought you went to work

20:22:32 [scooter] still interested huh?

20:22:34 [scooter] Thought so

20:22:41 [plkoe] I'm Late

20:22:42 [scooter] ok -- best part

20:22:54 [*tenmillion] plkoe

20:23:03 [scooter] Since this became law at the end of 2009

20:23:25 [scooter] and the Gov of Iraq already passed the 2010-2011 budget last year

20:23:41 [scooter] ---- largely becasue it was mandated by World Bank and IMF

20:23:45 [scooter] for the specific reason

20:23:56 [scooter] to prevent these loooooooser politicians

20:24:06 [scooter] from interferring with this darn thing

20:24:16 [irvman] scooter did you know that ucme1stnow is online right now

20:24:32 [scooter] Whose that?

20:24:42 [scooter] don't know

20:24:42 [scooter] I just came on

20:24:44 [scooter] ok

20:24:46 [irvman] just another guru

20:24:47 [scooter] where was I

20:24:57 [scooter] ahhhh yes

20:25:02 [scooter] Therefore

20:25:23 [scooter] This thing doesn't require any sign off with the new government

20:25:27 [scooter] it's already law!!!!!!!

20:25:23 [scooter] This thing doesn't require any sign off with the new government

20:25:27 [scooter] it's already law!!!!!!!

• Upvote 13

I would say the hold up would be the following:

1) Banking systems EX. ATMs, Smaller denominations, accounting systems etc. were not in place yet and up to standards to the IMF.

2) The poeple of Iraq need to know who their leader is and it should look like they orchestrated the RV

3) The new government must be in place all corruption must be brought down to an acceptable level. I don't think you'll ever eliminate it there... hell Washington DC has plenty of corruption.

4) The public and world view of US troops pulling out of Iraq.... even though we will be there for the next 10 years plus.

Just my opinion... but what do I know :-)

• Upvote 9

Excellent! Thanks Scooter. Just out of random curiosity - nothing more of course ;) - do you happen to have a copy of the 2010 budget? :D

20:21:30 [margiotta42] 2010 budget was developed in 2009

20:21:40 [scooter] and shows what the new amount will be for the remaining part of year

20:21:43 [scooter] with new rate

Excellent! Thanks Scooter. Just out of random curiosity - nothing more of course ;) - do you happen to have a copy of the 2010 budget? :D

from some of the other posts that provided a liink to the budget, the rate was left blank to be filled in at time of RV

I'm begining to think no one knows whats going on. It seems like alot of fog to me with all the full of holes reports with nothing but he said she said with no proof the information is even real. Secret contacts here and there some supposedly at CBI. I do not want to offend anyone but I think theres alot of smoke being blown around right now with no backing. If information is not varifiable it should go to rumors. At any rate "GO RV" and may God bless us all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Scooter, hey first thanks for the post and the chats, all the work you do, I know it takes hours to sit and go through as much as you do to make a post like that and you have done several. some advice from an old man here most of these punks that trash what you post did not read all of it, and dont do 1]10th of the reading you do. they are here for trash talk and that is about it, I hope they dont get under your skin and make you stop. If you did and kept all t he info to yourself I could not blame you, just so you know there are a bunch of us out there that love what you put up, and are smart enough to know that you are doing it for our benifit. again thanks for your work and contubution to this site.

• Upvote 1

I'm begining to think no one knows whats going on. It seems like alot of fog to me with all the full of holes reports with nothing but he said she said with no proof the information is even real. Secret contacts here and there some supposedly at CBI. I do not want to offend anyone but I think theres alot of smoke being blown around right now with no backing. If information is not varifiable it should go to rumors. At any rate "GO RV" and may God bless us all.

Do some reading before opening your mouth.....scooter is laying out everything he is finding in actual documents, researching all this stuff for us and if you took the time to read and comprehend what is being put in front of you, your foot would be in your mouth right now.....at least he isent pulling dates and rates out of his arse like most and just telling you its fact without producing anything!!

• Upvote 6

Scooter your work is excellent do not pay any attention to the folks that wont do do the research for them self , but are willing to bash those that are willing to do the research. Your research is impeccable. thank you for your time and effort. As a person that is still learning about this investment your information has been very educational. Please continue to help us will your invaluable information. I am sure that i speak for a good majority of the people on DV. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

from some of the other posts that provided a liink to the budget, the rate was left blank to be filled in at time of RV

This was because there is a range that they could come out at but they have to find the best rate as an equilibrium as to not come out too high......thats why.....

Ok........it's law, but we don't see it yet?

Sounds like crazy talk to me

Do you know how to read?? just curious......he is trying to tell you it was all passed last year and he is laying it out piece by piece by posting the documents...but when he does that you like to cry for someone to sum it up for you....make up your mind....this guy knows what he is talking about and is one of the ONLY ones to back up his talk with real documents from the IMF and CBI.....why dont you go listen to the GET team if thats more on your level of hearing a date and rate everyday.....

• Upvote 5

DinarVet Team,

To the folks that just made the recent NEGATIVE comments, READ THE PLANS BEFORE MAKING SUCH STUPID COMMENTS ABOUT MY WORK!!!! I spend countless hours to benefit others and I do this free of charge and ask nothing in return! My integrity is the only thing I will go to the grave with and I intend to keep that at the highest level possible.

So here's my comments --- READ THE DOCUMENTS FROM THE SAME PEOPLE THAT DO RV'S EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THEM -- SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO THE UN, WORLD BANK, AND IMF --- FRANKLY I DON'T CARE --- JUST DON'T SEND THEM MY WAY UNTIL YOU HAVE CREDIBLE PROOF THAT THE PLAN HAS BEEN ALTERED. TRUST ME, I'VE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!!! THE ACTUAL LAW OF IRAQ SHOWING THE NUMBERS AND TIMING --- UNTIL YOU HAVE COME UP WITH THAT --- THIS DEBATE IS OVER!!!

SEE BELOW TO START:

World Bank IRAQ DPL (Page 8 of 119) ---- World Bank IRAQ DPL

The Program faces significant risks, which include:

"Political and economic performance risks. The ability of the Bank Group to engage with Iraq would become constrained by a reversal of recent, hardwon security gains. Related to that, a deterioration in the political environment either in Iraq or in the Region would also affect the Bank’s ability to implement its assistance program. The DPL could also be affected by risks related to the Government’s commitment to an ambitious reform program at this time. In particular, the design of a robust program acceptable to the Iraqi authorities might be challenging in an electoral year iv and during a time where oil prices have started to rise anew. Likewise, a new Government post elections may not agree to implement the same program. Given these political uncertainties, the operation has been designed as a single tranche DPL as part of a programmatic series of two DPLs. This DPL is underpinned by a reform agenda already adopted by the current Government. In addition, this reform program is being implemented with support through ongoing technical assistance programs by the Bank, IMF and other donors. It has also been designed to be realistic, yet consist of important reforms and milestones, complementing existing Government reforms supported by ongoing TA activities, each with their own risk mitigation measures, and opening the door for the Bank to engage with the Government in the medium to long term on critical issues to improve Iraq’s fiscal sustainability. The programmatic approach

of this DPL will also help mitigate the risk of relevance and ownership across Governments."

Page 10 -- Same World Bank Document

6. Through the reform program that underpins it, the proposed operation will help focus attention on key reforms critical to Iraq’s longer-term development. These reforms are reflected in a set of prior actions to be completed before the proposed operation becomes effective, as well as on triggers for the second DPL in this proposed series. These reforms focus on: (i) strengthening budget management and prioritization; (ii) reforming the financial sector; and (iii) improving the efficiency of the social protection system. They are consistent with the thematic areas of the Bank’s Interim Strategy Note 2009-2011 for Iraq. The prior actions focus largely on institutions and processes. This is because many of Iraq's institutions were rendered dysfunctional during the past thirty years of authoritarian rule followed by war. As a result, they need to be substantially modified to fit the needs of a modern democratic state.

Page 30

77. Underpinning the whole program was a major effort aimed at strengthening the regulatory and supervisory authorities. CBI embarked on a comprehensive program of capacity building covering extended areas of the regulatory and supervisory functions, with the objective of moving from compliance to risk-based supervision. This includes undertaking a thorough and comprehensive review of banking supervision processes; an updating and enforcement of a set of regulations in line with international 22 standards; and making new recruitments and developing training. These initiatives are supported by the World Bank, the IMF and the US Treasury.

102. In all three pillars of the proposed DPL, the underpinning technical assistance projects are funded through the multi-donor Iraq Trust Fund (ITF) financed by contributions from 17 donors15

and administered by the World Bank. The status of ITF projects is reported regularly through the International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI) website and through annual formal reports to donors

Page 41 --- Same Document

107. The proposed DPL is underpinned by six key ITF-financed companion projects designed to build capacity and provide technical assistance in each of the three pillars, namely:32

Public Financial Management (PFM) Reform Project (US$18 million; FY09). This project aims to improve allocation, execution, transparency and accountability in the mobilization and use of all public resources. Cross-cutting reform of the PFM will be addressed by strengthening budget formulation, execution and control, improving public financial reporting, strengthening

public procurement and developing capacity in PFM, both at the central and the governorate levels.

Emergency Banking Sector Reform Project (US$10 million; FY09), which supports the implementation of Phase I of the Banking Sector Reform Strategy—Action Plan (2008–2012),

aiming at improving the performance and soundness of the two state-owned banks—Rasheed Bank and Rafidain Bank, as well as strengthening the capacity of the supervisory functions of the Central Bank of Iraq.

Page 45 - Same Document

125. In addition to the Bank’s stocktaking specific to the Iraq context, the 2009 Development Policy Lending Retrospective19 indicates that programmatic DPLs have allowed the Bank to stay

aligned with country processes and respond more flexibly to changing country circumstances and government priorities, and that this flexibility has been essential to strengthen ownership of

reforms supported by the Bank. The programmatic nature of this DPL is suitable for Iraq’s changing circumstances which require flexibility, particularly given upcoming elections and therefore ownership of and commitment to the reform agenda.

THERE ARE SO MANY MORE REFERENCES IN THIS DOCUMENT, BUT HONESTLY -- YOU NEED TO READ FOR YOURSELVES BEFORE MAKING THOSE COMMENTS ABOUT MY WORK!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMF Document 1072 -- IMF "UNDERPINNING"

PAGE 2

The main objectives of the program are to maintain macroeconomic stability during a period of high economic and political uncertainties (parliamentary elections are scheduled for March 7,

2010), and to provide a framework for deepening structural reforms.

PAGE 7

8. Parliamentary elections are scheduled for early March 2010. These follow the first parliamentary and provincial elections successfully held in January 2006 and January

2009, respectively. While the elections could result in a change of government, the main orientation of economic policies is not expected to change.

PAGE 25

50. The authorities’ economic program for 2010–11 is well focused on maintaining macroeconomic stability and advancing the unfinished reform agenda. The program will provide an anchor for economic policy during a period of economic and political uncertainties. Also, it will ensure that no time will be lost during the period of political transition after the elections in improving infrastructure and public service delivery and implementing critical reforms to strengthen fiscal governance, enhance oil sector transparency, and develop a financial sector capable of providing essential services.

PAGE 82

Against this background, the authorities have designed an economic program for 2010–11 that aims to maintain macroeconomic stability during the period of political transition

(parliamentary elections are scheduled for early March 2010) and deepen structural. reforms, particularly in the areas of public financial management, the financial system, and oil sector transparency. In support of this program, the authorities have requested a new Stand-By Arrangement from the IMF in the amount of SDR 2,376.8 million ($3.6 billion). This amount, together with disbursements from the World Bank under a Development Policy Loan and support from some donors, is expected to cover the financing gap for 2010–11. An important objective of the authorities’ fiscal program is to contain current spending in order to gradually reduce the budget deficit and make room for additional investment. Specifically, current spending in both 2010 and 2011 will be kept broadly unchanged in nominal terms at 2009 levels. At the same time, given the urgent need to improve infrastructure and basic public service delivery, a significant

increase in capital spending is planned for 2010, following an underexecution of the 2009 capital budget due to administrative capacity constraints associated with security

incidents that affected the Ministry of Finance towards the end of the year. Monetary and exchange rate policies will continue to aim at keeping inflation low in 2010 and 2011.

I could go on and on with different documents identifying this plan --- my recommendation --- READ THE DOCUMENTS BEFORE CALLING ME OUT!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those who have offered their thanks and gratitude, have a great night and I am most appreciative!!!!

Best regards,

Scooter

• Downvote 1

Scooter

Thank you for doing what you do for all us little people.

I, for one look forward to your indepth looks at actual documentation; it allows me a far better look at our investment!!!!!!

As i file through all the news articles, and decifer what i can, YOU make it MUCH SIMPLER, and thank you for providing this to us!!!!!

I look forward to buying you a steak and refreshment of choice when this is done, count on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many here that are genuine at heart, trying to provide the best analogy for the sake of good, and always will follow with a few that are not doing the work, that complain. Don't let it get to you!!!!

There are 100 that love and admire what you provide, for every 1 that doubts......let it ride; relax and enjoy!!!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my and my families heart for your work....

ret

Scooter,

Thanks for your time and input into this. Everybody that reads your information is not paying you one red cent to hear your analysis, and with everything that you say, they can either agree with what you have found out, or they do not have too. We all know that you are not in charge of pulling the plug on the RV, but you enlighten us on all of the information pertaining to what is entailed in the intricate details of what is involved, albeit so much more than the average person (including myself) has a handle on. Please continue to inspire us, and don't let anybody slow you down from giving us information that helps us read between the lines on this investment.

• Upvote 1