Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent / Parliament’s session postponed for 2 weeks

YANNAVIA

July 12, 2010 - 11:12:38

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Heads of political blocs have agreed to postpone the parliament’s session tomorrow for two weeks, the temporary speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Foad Maasom, announced on Monday.

“Leaders of political blocs will meanwhile continue their meetings until they agree on what should happen during the session, two weeks from now,” Maasom said in a press conference in Baghdad attended by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

He noted that according to the constitution, lawmakers attending the session should select the parliament’s permanent speaker, his two deputies, and the president of Iraq.

MH (P)/SR

Article link

July 12, 2010 - 11:12:38

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Heads of political blocs have agreed to postpone the parliament’s session tomorrow for two weeks, the temporary speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Foad Maasom, announced on Monday.

“Leaders of political blocs will meanwhile continue their meetings until they agree on what should happen during the session, two weeks from now,” Maasom said in a press conference in Baghdad attended by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

He noted that according to the constitution, lawmakers attending the session should select the parliament’s permanent speaker, his two deputies, and the president of Iraq.

MH (P)/SR

Article link

Are You Frickin Kidding Me!!!! I know snails that move quicker,this is just sad.

Still don't believe it. I think it is all baloney. Lets see what happens when the constitutional DEADLINE arrives.

Maynard

I really hope your right. It would be nice to see these politicians follow a Constitution for a change

Does anyone know yet how they would be able to postpone for two weeks outside of the Constitution?

It looks like to me they are trying to ride the deadline out so they can declare the Constitution VOID, so as to put in place the Dictator of choice (according to Iran so Iraq can become Iran's property) and not share oil revenues with the Iraqi people. If the UN and US don't step in, Democracy will be gone. Instead of a Soap Opera, this can be called a Dope Opera!

blink.gif

I really hope your right. It would be nice to see these politicians follow a Constitution for a change

couldnt agree more....it would be nice to see the politicians follow the constitution.....in iraq?....oh wait....they cant even seem to do that here....rat ba$tards

• Upvote 1

It looks like to me they are trying to ride the deadline out so they can declare the Constitution VOID, so as to put in place the Dictator of choice (according to Iran so Iraq can become Iran's property) and not share oil revenues with the Iraqi people. If the UN and US don't step in, Democracy will be gone. Instead of a Soap Opera, this can be called a Dope Opera!

blink.gif

Now THAT is the smartest assessment of this mess that I have heard to date.

Edited by ncgrandma

blink.gif

Lets hope they don't pull this off. Maybe they will surprise us....... :D