Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I hope this isnt true

Kimjackie

I dont think that there is one determining factor, ala corruption. It's more than likely it's an aggregate of issues. Whatever the case may be, lets hope they get their collective sh*t together asap.biggrin.gif

In addition if I had millions invested, I probably would not be coming to DV for info. I'm sure a multi-millionare would have some solid investment sources, not including a free message board.

• Upvote 1

Actually corruption does play a factor in this because it shows INSTABILITY.....which is the key component to so many things holding back Iraq right now.....its the single most important thing they need to solve at this point in time....and the value of their currency has NOTHING to do with decreasing or increasing corruption.....RVing will NOT solve corruption and fix all their problems.....if it were that easy hell im sure this woulda happened the day after we invaded.....

We have more deaths in Chicago in a month than Iraq has in a month .... have as much corruption there too and now it has moved to the WH ... and our USD is not showing instability ... oh, sorry ... maybe you have a point!!! lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Keep I agree about a plan to get the Dinar back on the world market but not the RV, I know they have to get it on the world market but there are other ways, new money, drop the zero's, put on the market as is, and a RV. I just don't think anything is off the table and I don't think the plan is about the RV it is about getting the Dinar on the world market and maybe the RV is the way to do that but to say a plan has been in the works for 7 years for a RV, i don't think so.

The World Bank, the IMF, and the CBI......they put together what it would take to get the dinar back on the global marketplace as it once was, and they have been working on it since 2003 after the invasion and we took over the country....its part of the rebuilding plan....you cant put the country back together without figuring the monetary policy as well and changes needed for the country to prosper.....

• Downvote 1

We have more deaths in Chicago in a month than Iraq has in a month .... have as much corruption there too and now it has moved to the WH ... and our USD is not showing instability ... oh, sorry ... maybe you have a point!!! lol

What planet are you from? When Canadian money is worth more than ours i would say ours is headed for the tubes. Get your money into something that's stable and will help you grow your wealth because the buck is going to tank.

Keep I agree about a plan to get the Dinar back on the world market but not the RV, I know they have to get it on the world market but there are other ways, new money, drop the zero's, put on the market as is, and a RV. I just don't think anything is off the table and I don't think the plan is about the RV it is about getting the Dinar on the world market and maybe the RV is the way to do that but to say a plan has been in the works for 7 years for a RV, i don't think so.

Yes and in order for them to drop the zeros or remove the bigger bills from circulation, they will have to raise the value of the dinar.....something like this (a RV) takes YEARS to plan out when starting from scratch because so many things have to be right and in place so it can be done successfully....there are articles dated back to 2005 about them raising the value of the dinar and the steps it takes to achieve it....there is one post inparticular that might change your mind....it was by Enorreste called the Definitive Response to Gjrl1978 and the facts behind the plan to RV.....its all backed up by articles coming from shabibi's mouth himself....see if you can find it....if not PM me your email and I will send it to you....I know Kuwait is a different story but it even took them 6 years just to RI their currency to what it once was because there are alot of things that need to happen and be in place....not too much a difference in that respect as Iraq....

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually corruption does play a factor in this because it shows INSTABILITY.....which is the key component to so many things holding back Iraq right now.....its the single most important thing they need to solve at this point in time....and the value of their currency has NOTHING to do with decreasing or increasing corruption.....RVing will NOT solve corruption and fix all their problems.....if it were that easy hell im sure this woulda happened the day after we invaded.....

The entire middle east is flush with corruption. I disagree that this shows instability. It's a way of life for other countries in the ME who we would consider stable. Car bombs and suicide bombers show instability, an impotent central government and non-functioning parliament show instability; but corruption? By Middle East standards I can't agree with that.

The rest of your post agrees with my opinion so we're in agreement there.

• Upvote 1

The entire middle east is flush with corruption. I disagree that this shows instability. It's a way of life for other countries in the ME who we would consider stable. Car bombs and suicide bombers show instability, an impotent central government and non-functioning parliament show instability; but corruption? By Middle East standards I can't agree with that.

The rest of your post agrees with my opinion so we're in agreement there.

Only two countries in the ME are really bad as far as the CPI rating goes and thats Iraq and Iran....and if you notice the most corrupt countries are also some of the poorest economically speaking as well.....poor countries and nations get that way due to INSTABILITY somewhere down the line....because if these countries had control of themselves, the people, and their situation then they would be able to turn things around for the good of the country, instead of just basically the govt looking out for itself and not the good of the nation and its people.....thats a lack of stability, proving that you cant control the economic situation in your own country or nation.....poor economic growth and prosperity is a result of instability and the lack of being able to control corruption....it will run rampid in a poor country because it comes to the point where everyone has to look out for themselves and will do ANYTHING to make sure they survive even if it means killing, stealing, lying, commiting fraud and the list can go on....its all related.....corruption and instability economically are related in one way or another.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chief that was a good article and I agree that a plan for how and what type of currency they are going to use, has and is being planned out but I guess what I am saying is there is not a specific plan to RV, even in the article he talked about using the dollar as one option. I think the plan has evolved and who knows they might RV but I am not sure that is what they set out to do. thanks

This plan has in fact been in play for 7 yrs. Here's an interesting article that you might find some satisfaction from. Note in one of the key paragraphs it talks about corruption as well.

http://www.nps.edu/Academics/centers/ccc/publications/OnlineJournal/2003/may03/middleEast.html

Enjoy,

V

i am really getting tired of all the instability comments. We must remember that these people have been at war with each other longer than our country has been alive. They have fought with each other for thousands of years. This is probably the most stable I have seen this country in years. I was there in 04 and things were a whole lot worse back then. They are getting there but it is going to take time, alot of time. No dates here no time frames, just knowing that when you ask an iraqi to do something and he says En Shala, we might see it next week if your lucky. Usually two weeks. I guess you can figure out the rest?

• Upvote 1

i am really getting tired of all the instability comments. We must remember that these people have been at war with each other longer than our country has been alive. They have fought with each other for thousands of years. This is probably the most stable I have seen this country in years. I was there in 04 and things were a whole lot worse back then. They are getting there but it is going to take time, alot of time. No dates here no time frames, just knowing that when you ask an iraqi to do something and he says En Shala, we might see it next week if your lucky. Usually two weeks. I guess you can figure out the rest?

Hi Bull Dog, have you noticed 'Insha Allah' is in just about every sentence you hear?.... try 'Insha Allah Bukra' when you hear that you'll know you'll NEVER see it! I had a Bahraini Foreman working for me last year in Askar and everytime I asked him to do something he would say 'Insha Allah' I had to constantly remind him that the term 'Insha Allah' was a 'concept' not an excuse and he would just give me a big ole toothy grin and laugh................ ahhh... good times!

• Downvote 1

Only two countries in the ME are really bad as far as the CPI rating goes and thats Iraq and Iran....

If you think Iraq and Iran are the only and most corrupt countries in the ME you're naive. You proved my point with Iran. They are corrupt but stable, they may not be what we want them to be ideologically but for all intents and purposes they are stable even with economic sanctions against them.

Corruption is not holding up the RV, it's ridiculous to believe that. If you think this is true cash in your dinar now because it will never RV by your theory. Iraq will always be corrupt, it was in the past, it is in the present and it will continue to be in the future. lol-032.gif

Edited by Spec Investor
  • Upvote 1