Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki has failed to convince Biden

Maliki has failed to convince Biden

al-Jeeran News - 06 July 2010

The Vice- President Joe Biden a series of meetings during the past few days with the various Iraqi political leaders With the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister and leader of the Iraqi List, winner of the parliamentary elections and the President of the Supreme Council and others. We have focused in these meetings to talk about the need to accelerate the formation of the new government before the start of the withdrawal of U.S. forces in August.

It was what is particularly striking this time is welcome pillars block the rule of law in this visit, which they considered came in the context of convergence of views between the various political blocs , as opposed to their previous positions of visits by U.S. Vice-President , deemed timely interference in Iraq's internal affairs , while met with Biden This time, an unprecedented welcome by Maliki and mass , even if some leaders of the Dawa Party, known for his strict views on the writer MP activity were quick to welcome such a visit.

There is no doubt that this change in attitude in the Dawa party and its allies may dictated by the difficult conditions experienced by the Iraqi Prime Minister outgoing , who lost most of their hopes of staying in office for a second term , leaving him only a glimmer of hope was suspended for the visit , he sought to persuade U.S. Vice President during which the need U.S. administration's backing for his efforts to stay in office and asking him to seek to put pressure on the Iraqi political forces to accept the other as prime minister for another four years. It was in the Iraqi prime minister to justify the demands of this set of facts that put on the table for talks with Biden , asking him to consider putting it in account in the process of government formation Aljdbdp .

The first of these facts that Maliki said Biden, by the fact that suppression of the Shiite militias linked to Sadr , which opposes the U.S. presence in Iraq and how the prime minister managed to eliminate it and killing its members , imprisoned or displaced , despite belonging to a sect, though he and his party are promoted to the Islamic concepts that it believes that Forces in Iraq for years, the former opposition .

Maliki said then that Biden and his party have abandoned their Islamic ideology , which fought a bitter struggle in the process with the former regime , which cost the Iraqis a lot of killing and displacement , torture and mass graves and destruction.

But today the Party is not invited and left him only the name of Islam and converted to a secular party until the number of bars and nightclubs in the custody of non- licensed to more than one hundred in the capital alone , as is acknowledged calling the governor of Baghdad.

But the relationship with Iran , which was advocated by the party earlier when he raised the slogan ( Dhubwa in Imam Khomeini and is melted in Islam) , the party today is not indifferent to it but that al-Maliki and his party to Aikhvon willing to allow American aircraft and Israeli use Iraqi airspace to attack Iran.

But for Iran's allies in the region , especially Syria has tried to Maliki during his stifling it by accusing it of supporting terrorism to cover up his failure in maintaining security in Baghdad.

But on the economic level is not forgotten -Maliki noted that his Government had developed oil fields in the auction and he will do everything in its power to serve the international oil companies , warning of an uncertain future if forced to abandon the prime minister's seat . Finally , Maliki said U.S. Vice President that he did not Oppose the American administration for the duration of its ruling did not intersect with it and so it is better than keep this relationship is that the experience in this regard.

But all requests from al-Maliki this had not been heard by the ear of Joe Biden , who said al-Maliki that he could not have become prime minister without the American military intervention in Iraq, nor the sacrifices of American soldiers and not funding the war in Iraq, which cost the U.S. Treasury a lot. Therefore, al-Maliki Makedmh America counts for nothing in front of the sacrifices of America, which otherwise would have been asleep Maliki At this very moment in one of the cellars of the Levant.

So has the U.S. position is clear and based on a set of facts and rules that Biden called on Maliki to commit and take into consideration , firstly the need to recognize the election results and respect the choices of the Iraqi people and not to cling to governance, not override the Constitution and the need to form a national partnership and not put obstacles in the process of composition, otherwise The stick of America, which al-Maliki came to power able to dislodge them and faster than the twinkling of an eye has Forewarned is forearmed

http://aljeeran.net/today_s_articles/13784.html

• Upvote 1

Did I read this right?

Yes you have done all these things but you cannot impede the constitution and you cannot wiggle past the will of the voters and yes you were our guy and had it not been for us you would have not been there. It cost us money and troops and God knows what else and still you cozied up to the Iranians and you know we don't like that. You were playing both ends against the middle making nice to that idiot Ahmedinejahd and granting the Israeli's and America air corridors to bomb Iran in case we needed too.....thank you but we don't trust that and if you don't heed our words we will whack you with a bigger stick than you can imagine? You have been warned!!!!

Did I get that right?

• Upvote 5

Did I read this right?

Yes you have done all these things but you cannot impede the constitution and you cannot wiggle past the will of the voters and yes you were our guy and had it not been for us you would have not been there. It cost us money and troops and God knows what else and still you cozied up to the Iranians and you know we don't like that. You were playing both ends against the middle making nice to that idiot Ahmedinejahd and granting the Israeli's and America air corridors to bomb Iran in case we needed too.....thank you but we don't trust that and if you don't heed our words we will whack you with a bigger stick than you can imagine? You have been warned!!!!

Did I get that right?

Your powers of translation are indeed formidable, Automag. Good one. :)

cheers,

Maynard

Hear, hear...perhaps he should have refreshed his memory of what happened to Sadam,,,,M is a scumbag..meanwhile take the Yankee dollar...and deliver nothing to his people. You lost...pack your grip

Is it me our their is so much broken english, that it makes it almost imposible to understand. Or is that's the way it translate to english. Hell I can read legal gargain better then this. It's just all over the place.

Did I read this right?

Did I get that right?

That is awesome buddy!!! You nailed it. That was kind of the gist I had but you put it in a much better summation than my brain would allow. I appreciate that Biden stuck to his guns and didn't wimp out. Maliki's options are dwindling and he better merge with Iraqia to get something out of the deal or it'll all disappear for him. So... Mr. mumbo jumbo translator (aka automag), what does it mean when they say melon or watermelon in some of these articles? I have trouble sleeping at night figuring that out! :lol: Thanks for the article Godfather!

Thank You.......Thank You one and all...(drox)...drox you had to ask about that watermelon....AARRGGGHHH.......IDK what that means but I believe it is a politicians name...Which one? IDK but I think I saw a picture of him here in the last three days but I couldn't get his name because it's ......WATERMELON!!!!!!!! LOL :lol:

All righty then....I had to read that three times and even then I was going...did the O admin say that to Maliki?...drox you are right that apparently Biden pretty much laid the hammer on the guys head and said play fair or suffer. I was surprised by that given the leftist attitude of the Obama administration......However surprised I am, I am also very pleased as that really does apply pressure.....I don't care who forces this to move off center I just want the impasse to end so we can all get along with our business. In fact I think that if we could get George W. to go with Joe B for the next trip that would be very interesting......but I don't care who gets it done I just want it done.

Well lets all hope and pray that Maliki feels under the gun because if he does that should provide some movement for us. To Biden's credit his message to Maliki would have been my own as I have been preaching constitutional issues for months and there is no other way for it to work.

All this BS by Maliki and the INA and the Federal Court ruling was just that...BS. They have tried every trick to circumvent the constitution and it hasn't worked and now they are up against mandated timelines. Lets all pray the message will be heeded.

Thanks Ron for the post and thank all of you for verifying what I was reading because as drox said I was losing sleep. ;):)

Did I read this right?

Did I get that right?

Yep ... Cliff Notes? ... (lol)

Nice job

Thanks for the post

P.S. The real problem is that after an article like this ... we get this ...

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 1