Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

* Question for Enorrste – Frank’s reasoning on rate

mythunter

* Question for Enorrste – Frank’s reasoning on rate

JULY 2, 2010 · POSTED IN CHATS / POSTS

Professor Enorrste,

I’m not sure if you read Frank’s (KTFM) posts or not but he always alludes to the “MOP/MOF report from last summer” that reflected a rate of 3.22 plus an “additional 20%” that “the committee” said needed to be added due to inflation. I have pasted below excerpts from Frank’s last three posts wherein he alludes to this MOP report. Are you aware of what he is talking about? Is his interpretation valid in your opinion? I hope Frank is reading this correctly but would welcome your feedback on this. As always, REALLY APPRECIATE your time and effort to help!!!!

FRANK POST 6-29-10

Now what if it was by chance the rate that was in the MOP/MOF report from last summer that was put together to establish the 3.22 rate they agreed for the 2010 budget? Well then the mathematics would look like this……..3.22 x 390 = $1255.80 . WAIT A MINUTE……..did we forget to add the 20% that the committee said needed to be added to the 3.22? Let’s try the math again. 3.86 x 390 = $1505.40 . Based on all the movements that have occurred in the last 6 months these last two monthly figures are surely more logical than a little over .30 a month. IMO this article is like a Rosetta Stone.

FRANK POST 6-30-10

Keep in mind what I have been drilling into you all year. Last summer the MOP/MOF asked the Ministers what rate would work for the 2010 budget. They came back with $1.17 which was rejected. Three months later they came back with 3.2108 and included a caveat that it would require an additional 20% to fulfill the 2010 budget. When you add the 20% to the 3.2108……it equals 3.86.

“” the year (2011) and Zaidi previous year’s budget that was worth 625 billion Iraqi dinars after that we expect that the allocation for the year 2009 (2) trillion Iraqi dinars.

He explained that the increased level of funds “”

AQ, you threw me a little when you didnt highlight this stuff

Now that you read it pertaining to the years involved, it makes sense when using the FOIL method of Franks post.

2009 – 2 Trill dinar @ .00085 = 1.7 billion USD

2010 – 625 bill dinar @ .00085 = 531.25 million USD

Yet there is said to be an increase in funds, which economically makes sense… which makes this not make sense, so we try to make them equal

2009 – 1.7 b USD

2010 – 531.25 m USD * 3.20 (new rate) = 1.7 b USD or

1,700,000,000 / 531,250,000 = a rate of 3.20

But again, this is supposed to be an increase in funds, so lets assume that it is about 5%. So 2010 should really be greater than 2009, not equal. In other words, they are spending more in 2010. So lets increase 2009 by 5% to equal 2010.

2009 – 1.7 b USD * .05 = 85 million added to 1.7 billion = 1,785,000,000

2010 – 1,785,000,000 / 531,250,000 = a rate of 3.36

Synopsis- This assumes a rate of 3.20 or greater depending on what amount of spending increases they are using.

Yes these two articles were my favorites today from the many colorful ones that were released. If I could have a third wish it would be the article from today where the US Ambassador to Iraq…..Christopher Hill said that the USA will support the coalition:

FRANK POST 7-1-10

Now I know the following is very long. But when you have time look at what they have planned for the next 5 years. Then ask yourself how can they do this at an 1170 rate? Many mechanisms are being constructed but the most important IMO is the SEATING of their government!!! IMO sometime between now and this coming Sunday “A” should tell us his position along with everyone else’s. IMO……..the new RI rate should be released before Sunday. If they do not tell us what the rate is for the NDP then we will have to remind the MOP of what he said it would be ………3.2108 + 20% to be added

• Upvote 4

Nice compilation ... it amuses me that many of the folks on DV don't read Frank26 ... if you are going to study IQD he's a must. The guy gets 24,000 - 55,000 hits per night!!!!!!!! He is the most requoted guy on IQD (usually without giving credit to him and many times bashing him).

If it's so bad why read his stuff and quote him in your emails ... but his numbers are hard to argue with.

I think we can all live with his numbers ... right?!

Thanks for the post

Edited by Doc31
  • Upvote 3

Nice compilation ... it amuses me that many of the folks on DV don't read Frank26 ... if you are going to study IQD he's a must. The guy gets 24,000 - 55,000 hits per night!!!!!!!! He is the most requoted guy on IQD (usually without giving credit to him and many times bashing him).

If it's so bad why read his stuff and quote him in your emails ... but his numbers are hard to argue with.

Thanks for the post

Totally agree. He may well have a nasty peyote habit or something, I don't know, but there is some solid analytical schmultz in his posts that are well worth thinking about. Somebody in that camp has some serious smarts.

cheers,

Maynard

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post

AGREED! thanks

While I don't care how many hits he gets or doesn't get for what it's worth, he is intelligent, focused and most of all I feel he is sincere. Ok so he is off the mark occasionally, so what, those of us who never post anything (myself included) are rarely caught with our proverbial pants around our ankles because we just sit and wait for someone else to poke their head up so we can take a pot shot at them. It's amusing, for me I say keep up the good work Frank26, Enorstte, SFMedic, whoever then let me sort through the mess, which BTW is not being created by them , but rather by the GOI, designed to keep us guessing, and of course to keep us at each others throats. They can write a novel for all I care someday they will be right, now you talk about hearing a knat fart where will be the congrats to offset all this bad negativism. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post

Yes i could def live with his numbers!! And as in most cases the numbers dont lie soooo please please please let that be the case here!! His numbers + keepmwlknfny = happiest man on earth when this thing pops off!!!