Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Want to make America great again?

bostonangler

13 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Deport the liberals would be a great start to making American great again.

Bot, that isn't going to help. Then who would conservatives have to rage about? That sentiment almost sounds Nazi... Just swap Jew for Liberal. Is this where America really is now? Intolerance isn't the answer. Seriously, this all or nothing, our way or no way is what will bring down America. The world and certainly not the USA is black and white. People have to accept there is a gray area.

B/A

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Bot, that isn't going to help. Then who would conservatives have to rage about? That sentiment almost sounds Nazi... Just swap Jew for Liberal. Is this where America really is now? Intolerance isn't the answer. Seriously, this all or nothing, our way or no way is what will bring down America. The world and certainly not the USA is black and white. People have to accept there is a gray area.

B/A

And there is the hypocrisy you fail to see, or choose to ignore!   While most people may understand there are always going to be gray areas in society and life, we ALL get to CHOOSE which ones we want to accept, participate, ignore, or battle.  THAT is the Constitutional default afforded to Individuals.  It's simply called "preferences".  While choosing to accept some may be beneficial to that person... it may well be detrimental to another.  Therefore, the default is in the freedom of choice.  If we are all mandated to accept every grey issue or circumstance (my "kumbaya" reference)... it is a clear violation of EVERYONE's Constitutional rights.   It is immoral... and our Founders understood this, distinguishing a new brand of governance and lifestyle that is still the envy of the world.  It's that simple.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

And there is the hypocrisy you fail to see, or choose to ignore!   While most people may understand there are always going to be gray areas in society and life, we ALL get to CHOOSE which ones we want to accept, participate, ignore, or battle.  THAT is the Constitutional default afforded to Individuals.  It's simply called "preferences".  While choosing to accept some may be beneficial to that person... it may well be detrimental to another.  Therefore, the default is in the freedom of choice.  If we are all mandated to accept every grey issue or circumstance (my "kumbaya" reference)... it is a clear violation of EVERYONE's Constitutional rights.  It is immoral... and our Founders understood this, distinguishing a new brand of governance and lifestyle that is still the envy of the world.  It's that simple.

Ooops!  Reposted with prior post edit!

Edited by Jaxinjersey

5 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

And there is the hypocrisy you fail to see, or choose not to ignore!   While most people may understand there are always going to be gray areas in society and life, we ALL get to CHOOSE which ones we want to accept, participate, ignore, or battle.  THAT is the Constitutional default afforded to Individuals.  It's simply called "preferences".  While choosing to accept some may be beneficial to that person... it may well be detrimental to another.  Therefore, the default is in the freedom of choice.  If we are all mandated to accept every grey issue or circumstance (my "kumbaya" reference)... it is a clear violation of EVERYONE's Constitutional rights.  It's that simple.

Having to accept that there are gray areas doesn't mean you can't choose which ones you prefer. So you do agree having to accept the fact there are gray areas, but want to choose the ones you prefer. I agree with that statement. However there are somethings that remain whether you choose to accept them or not.

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

Having to accept that there are gray areas doesn't mean you can't choose which ones you prefer. So you do agree having to accept the fact there are gray areas, but want to choose the ones you prefer. I agree with that statement. However there are somethings that remain whether you choose to accept them or not.

NO!  No one needs to accept anything, ever. THAT is an attempt to mandate (and sometimes legislate) choice.  THAT is immoral. ALL is choice. If an individual wants to ignore (not participate in) ALL grey areas... that is his right.  THAT may be what works best for him, as an individual, in his personal pursuit of happiness. We all need to be left alone to make our own choices... whether they (of course) "remain".  They will ALWAYS remain... be there... exist... for eternity.  That is the nature of life... the genuine PRODUCT of diversity.  If all grey areas were mandated to be accepted... there would be NO DIVERSITY.  THAT is the hypocrisy... the irony of the kumbaya belief system.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jaxinjersey said:

NO!  No one needs to accept anything, ever. THAT is an attempt to mandate (and sometimes legislate) choice.  THAT is immoral. ALL is choice. If an individual wants to ignore (not participate in) ALL grey areas... that is his right.  THAT may be what works best for him, as an individual, in his personal pursuit of happiness. We all need to be left alone to make our own choices... whether they (of course) "remain".  They will ALWAYS remain... be there... exist... for eternity.  That is the nature of life... the genuine PRODUCT of diversity.  If all grey areas were mandated to be accepted... there would be NO DIVERSITY.  THAT is the hypocrisy... the irony of the kumbaya belief system.  

I agree with most of your statement. But we do have to accept the obvious. How can you not accept fact? Is the earth round? Are there 24 hours in a day? Are there classes of society? Are there different religious beliefs? We can choose many things in our lives, but somethings have to be accepted. Fact is, there are 24 hours in a day. There are different classes of society. People do have different beliefs. The earth is round. I agree with you about having the right to choose, but I also understand there are somethings you just have to accept. I guess that is where we disagree. You seem to choose that you do not have to accept... Wow that was weird.

B/A

32 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I agree with most of your statement. But we do have to accept the obvious. How can you not accept fact? Is the earth round? Are there 24 hours in a day? Are there classes of society? Are there different religious beliefs? We can choose many things in our lives, but somethings have to be accepted. Fact is, there are 24 hours in a day. There are different classes of society. People do have different beliefs. The earth is round. I agree with you about having the right to choose, but I also understand there are somethings you just have to accept. I guess that is where we disagree. You seem to choose that you do not have to accept... Wow that was weird.

B/A

LOL... I understand your references B/A, but the emphasis is on FREEDOM... more about philosophy than physics!  "Acceptness" is mostly in the mind, of course... not necessarily the "product" of action!  Perhaps, this is where you need to distinguish your viewpoint more clearly...

Even as bizarre as some choices may be... they are still the right of an individual, as long as it is not imposing on, or harmful to another.  I can accept proven facts, as long as they are objective, within reasoned premises... in other words, not manufactured.  For example... who gets to define the "classes" of society?  Perhaps my own definition may greatly differ from a manufactured "consensus".  And even within that, I may choose to focus on the equality of opportunity, over the divisiveness of negative definition... that's MY perspective, my preference, my choice.

And YES, it gets weird... because anything that is over analyzed beyond certain simple defaults creates convolution, rather than clarity.  Hence the beauty of the Constitution...it's simple, especially if one allows it to work within it's default structure... empowering the Individual.  I choose to live comfortably with clarity, rather than uncomfortable with convolution.  That's what works for ME, and many others.  But it is immoral to force (or attempt to force) an individual to participate over or above his personal means or desires.  I am then the only one responsible for MY decisions!  You're off the hook!  LOL

Oh... and I don't care for the song either.  I just use the word to encompass a certain philosophical perspective.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

LOL... I understand your references B/A, but the emphasis is on FREEDOM... more about philosophy than physics!  "Acceptness" is mostly in the mind, of course... not necessarily the "product" of action!  Perhaps, this is where you need to distinguish your viewpoint more clearly...

Even as bizarre as some choices may be... they are still the right of an individual, as long as it is not imposing on, or harmful to another.  I can accept proven facts, as long as they are objective, within reasoned premises... in other words, not manufactured.  For example... who gets to define the "classes" of society?  Perhaps my own definition may greatly differ from a manufactured "consensus".  And even within that, I may choose to focus on the equality of opportunity, over the divisiveness of negative definition... that's MY perspective, my preference, my choice.

And YES, it gets weird... because anything that is over analyzed beyond certain simple defaults creates convolution, rather than clarity.  Hence the beauty of the Constitution...it's simple, especially if one allows it to work within it's default structure... empowering the Individual.  I choose to live comfortably with clarity, rather than uncomfortable with convolution.  That's what works for ME, and many others.  But it is immoral to force (or attempt to force) an individual to participate over or above his personal means or desires.  I am then the only one responsible for MY decisions!  You're off the hook!  LOL

Oh... and I don't care for the song either.  I just use the word to encompass a certain philosophical perspective.

Jax, thanks for the reasonable response. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I wish all of us a happy New Year!!! Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

B/A

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Jax, thanks for the reasonable response. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I wish all of us a happy New Year!!! Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

B/A

Thanks B/A... I appreciate the depth of the conversation.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Damn you guys must be retired or are the Bosses at you work place, because you have Way too much time on your hands to spend this much time debating back and forth.

LOL Dawg... takes just as much time as it does for your own post!  Plus... important discussions are worth investing in!  Feel free to dive in... or just peruse! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

I'll peruse for awhile Jax. I do enjoy the jousting though. Very entertaining and occasionally I will jump in with some "deeply thought out and enlightening commentary. HA!

Good jousters always welcomed!  But stay away from my ox!!!  :lol:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

My good man, this statement is one that the most devout Christians not only could say, but most assuredly adhere to. That is if the Christian was a strong student of the Bible. Essentially that is what Jesus taught. The choice is up to the individual to follow whatever they want. But that does in no way negate the black and white of all issues. There is a clear right and wrong in everything. And to assume that because one chooses to find a ,"grey", area equates to that being neutral is a fatal mistake. Eternally speaking of course. In the end everything is a personal choice. That is why I'm a staunch conservative, because  liberalism/communism/progressivism or whatever they choose to call it tomorrow only wants to take away an individual's right to choose what they want to follow or think.   

As an example, B/A is about to see that his/her choice to make such bold,"FACTUAL", statements is NOT my choice. I choose to believe what the word of God says literally and that is good for me. Though even you most likely don't believe as I do on the subject of the shape of the earth. That does not at all negate that I find you, and B/A to be good people but also my dear friends. I respect your right to be wrong in the shape of the earth:lol:

6 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

According to God Almighty the earth is a circle,"NOT ROUND". That is of course if you're referring to round as in a ball. And there are NOT 24 hrs in a day if one chooses to believe Gods word. No classes of Society according to God, as he considers all people equal to him. And that is to say nothing about what the founding fathers said in their formation of our nation. " All men are created equal". So you see your,"FACTS",are clearly a matter of opinion. And your attempt to present them as irrefutable evidence to support your case is fraudulent at best, and totally deceitful at worst.  I'll leave the determination as to what it is up to you. Please understand this, the reason that I'm allowed to make what you and most here would call,"ridiculous statements", about my spiritual beliefs is exactly what Jax is trying to express to you. That we all have differing opinions, and just because someone doesn't agree with another's opine doesn't necessarily make that person's opine wrong. We are all individuals, and we are all a collective at the same time. As individuals we will not all see eye to eye, but as a collective we must all agree to be Americans first. And that means to accept the individuality of everyone under one nation. If we can learn to do that, then God help the enemy of our collective nation.   

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

My good man, this statement is one that the most devout Christians not only could say, but most assuredly adhere to. That is if the Christian was a strong student of the Bible. Essentially that is what Jesus taught. The choice is up to the individual to follow whatever they want. But that does in no way negate the black and white of all issues. There is a clear right and wrong in everything. And to assume that because one chooses to find a ,"grey", area equates to that being neutral is a fatal mistake. Eternally speaking of course. In the end everything is a personal choice. That is why I'm a staunch conservative, because  liberalism/communism/progressivism or whatever they choose to call it tomorrow only wants to take away an individual's right to choose what they want to follow or think.   

As an example, B/A is about to see that his/her choice to make such bold,"FACTUAL", statements is NOT my choice. I choose to believe what the word of God says literally and that is good for me. Though even you most likely don't believe as I do on the subject of the shape of the earth. That does not at all negate that I find you, and B/A to be good people but also my dear friends. I respect your right to be wrong in the shape of the earth:lol:

According to God Almighty the earth is a circle,"NOT ROUND". That is of course if you're referring to round as in a ball. And there are NOT 24 hrs in a day if one chooses to believe Gods word. No classes of Society according to God, as he considers all people equal to him. And that is to say nothing about what the founding fathers said in their formation of our nation. " All men are created equal". So you see your,"FACTS",are clearly a matter of opinion. And your attempt to present them as irrefutable evidence to support your case is fraudulent at best, and totally deceitful at worst.  I'll leave the determination as to what it is up to you. Please understand this, the reason that I'm allowed to make what you and most here would call,"ridiculous statements", about my spiritual beliefs is exactly what Jax is trying to express to you. That we all have differing opinions, and just because someone doesn't agree with another's opine doesn't necessarily make that person's opine wrong. We are all individuals, and we are all a collective at the same time. As individuals we will not all see eye to eye, but as a collective we must all agree to be Americans first. And that means to accept the individuality of everyone under one nation. If we can learn to do that, then God help the enemy of our collective nation.   

I understand you, but somethings just have to be accepted. Dogs bark, cats meow. Woman have babies, men do not (well not yet anyway LOL). I can't dispute what anyone believes. Like you, I can only state my opinions and express them the best I can. Unlike many people I meet who want to change others, I'm not out to change anyone. I only hope to share a different perspective from time to time. With all that said, I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. Be careful out there.

B/A

I would like to add another dimension to this GREY  area that everyone is talking about. 

I do not accept grey areas because life is black and white. Those grey areas are really nothing more than lighter shades of BLack. 

So if one is to relate black as wrong or evil, and white as right or good, then grey is nothing more than a failed attempt at making wrong or evil seem good or right. And that just isn't going to work. 

In other words if you're a moderate then you're only lying to yourself about your liberalism. And to answer the question," Is this where America really is now? Intolerance isn't the answer. Seriously, this all or nothing, our way or no way is what will bring down America" 

I present my own question, Do you really think liberals want to live side by side with anyone that isn't liberal? 

Liberals are black/wrong/evil. They are the most intolerant people alive. So you go ahead and find comfort in your grey areas if you want, in the end those intolerant liberals will destroy you completely. Think I am wrong? They will murder their own children just because it poses an inconvenience.  

26 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Liberals are black/wrong/evil. They are the most intolerant people alive. So you go ahead and find comfort in your grey areas if you want, in the end those intolerant liberals will destroy you completely. Think I am wrong? They will murder their own children just because it poses an inconvenience.  

Dude, I have to disagree... I truly believe conservatives are the most intolerant in our society. I get bashed here everyday just for posting news stories and expressing opinion. If this board is any type of representation of the right's beliefs it is a pretty sad statement. The message I see here is if you aren't exactly like us we will attack you. This movement towards hating anyone who disagrees and no tolerance is not new... I guess history really does repeat itself. JMHO

B/A

Just now, bostonangler said:

Dude, I have to disagree... I truly believe conservatives are the most intolerant in our society. I get bashed here everyday just for posting news stories and expressing opinion. If this board is any type of representation of the right's beliefs it is a pretty sad statement. The message I see here is if you aren't exactly like us we will attack you. This movement towards hating anyone who disagrees and no tolerance is not new... I guess history really does repeat itself. JMHO

B/A

Allow me to describe myself before I reply to the above. 

I am above all things a devout child of God, I consider myself in the political arena to be a constitutional conservative more in line with George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. A lot of folks today would call that position Libertarian But somehow I don't see it exactly that way. I am a man seeking truth as defined by God himself and yet constantly screwing up as only someone with the spirit of a clown can do. My most important goal in life is the perpetual quest for knowledge. Having said that let me be the first to tell you that most folks here are NOT conservative at all, though they will quickly say they are. But a true conservative wouldn't bash you or anyone else for their beliefs. The true conservative WILL go out of their way to show someone how they may be wrong, but in the end conservatism is the belief that every single individual has the right to live and therefore believe as they choose to live and believe. Notice how that closely falls in line with the teachings of Jesus? I point that out because my statement quoted by you is not wrong. America's problem isn't a political one. It's a spiritual one. We have forgotten our first love and that is God. Even most Christians don't read the Bible, and watch more porn than non Christians. Few take the time to pray on a daily basis. And that leads us into the saying, "all evil needs to prosper is for good people to do nothing".

America needs to pray, and then God himself will fix our problems.    

2 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Allow me to describe myself before I reply to the above. 

I am above all things a devout child of God, I consider myself in the political arena to be a constitutional conservative more in line with George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. A lot of folks today would call that position Libertarian But somehow I don't see it exactly that way. I am a man seeking truth as defined by God himself and yet constantly screwing up as only someone with the spirit of a clown can do. My most important goal in life is the perpetual quest for knowledge. Having said that let me be the first to tell you that most folks here are NOT conservative at all, though they will quickly say they are. But a true conservative wouldn't bash you or anyone else for their beliefs. The true conservative WILL go out of their way to show someone how they may be wrong, but in the end conservatism is the belief that every single individual has the right to live and therefore believe as they choose to live and believe. Notice how that closely falls in line with the teachings of Jesus? I point that out because my statement quoted by you is not wrong. America's problem isn't a political one. It's a spiritual one. We have forgotten our first love and that is God. Even most Christians don't read the Bible, and watch more porn than non Christians. Few take the time to pray on a daily basis. And that leads us into the saying, "all evil needs to prosper is for good people to do nothing".

America needs to pray, and then God himself will fix our problems.    

I mean no offense by any means, but when were you born again?

B/A