Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hey Bill Nye, How Do I Escape Religion?

SocalDinar

To escape religion, seek a relationship. Seek a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Focus on Jesus when trouble (storms) come your way. Why, cuz God sent His only Son to pay the fine for what you and I did wrong in order to prove to you all He wants is a personal relationship with you by not controlling you with religious rules or laws. Plus He sent His Son as a sacrifice to prove to you He wants that relationship with you without forcing you to follow Him at the end of a gun, knife, or bomb. No I did not watch the video.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

To escape religion, seek a relationship. Seek a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Focus on Jesus when trouble (storms) come your way. Why, cuz God sent His only Son to pay the fine for what you and I did wrong in order to prove to you all He wants is a personal relationship with you by not controlling you with religious rules or laws. Plus He sent His Son as a sacrifice to prove to you He wants that relationship with you without forcing you to follow Him at the end of a gun, knife, or bomb. No I did not watch the video.

Kevin I encourage you to watch.

Your call though.

I watched it Mule. It was better than I thought. He did encourage the young man to research the Bible. What I didn't like was that he told him to research the bible with skepticism. Semantics, suggests a word other than skepticism should have been used. JMHO. I experienced doing it other than the way the bible tells it, after being raised in the church also . That was the hard way to learn that God, Jesus, the bible, and faith in them shows the best way by which to live. 

Being skeptical is necessary when studying the Scripture.  Just saying that one believes the Bible without asking questions as to whether it is true or not is a "leap of faith" that is inconsistent with belief or biblical faith.  Faith is established by testing the evidence to see if what you read is true.  

Many religions are established, promoted, and sustained only by a "faith" based on supposition and speculation without solid evidence that would verify its validity.  

Individuals who are searching for "Christ" need to be questioning every phase of teaching by demanding evidence.  Faith without evidence is speculation.  

True biblical faith is based on evidence and reason.  

• Upvote 3

Being skeptical is necessary when studying the Scripture.  Just saying that one believes the Bible without asking questions as to whether it is true or not is a "leap of faith" that is inconsistent with belief or biblical faith.  Faith is established by testing the evidence to see if what you read is true.  

Many religions are established, promoted, and sustained only by a "faith" based on supposition and speculation without solid evidence that would verify its validity.  

Individuals who are searching for "Christ" need to be questioning every phase of teaching by demanding evidence.  Faith without evidence is speculation.  

True biblical faith is based on evidence and reason.  

Perfectly put Nelg!

Understanding "religion" can never keep God in a box is a great step.

Escaping the "religious box" that attempts to control and threaten a person is the

next step. Living by love and faith and learning to treat others as you want to be treated

is the goal. When that is accomplished from the heart, you will come to know what love

actually is, and that it is patient, kind and unconditional in its operation.

Thanks Socal :)