Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

5 Dinar Note Central Bank of Iraq

MoneyFreak

Here are the images for the 5 dinar note i was talking about

-MoneyFreak

Oh these folks are gonna just love you. I am trying to get one of my buddies to send me a pic of his new 25 dinar notes...

He has no more 25000 notes...they are going out of circulation.....as I am growing tired of pointing out...the RV and redenomination

is the same thing....minus three zeros

Oh these folks are gonna just love you. I am trying to get one of my buddies to send me a pic of his new 25 dinar notes...

He has no more 25000 notes...they are going out of circulation.....as I am growing tired of pointing out...the RV and redenomination

:P

Nice try

-MoneyFreak

Ok I stand corrected MoneyFreak....that i have not seen...I thought you were talking about a different bill....it is the same exact bill as the 5000 note but with different color....interesting....but you said you got this bill years ago??? please give more detailed information on the where and when and who you got this from......very interesting indeed!!! damnit i wish i could be over there walking the streets right now figuring out what the hell is going on!! hahaha ya dig?!?

That is the same as a 5000, look at the cbi website. Its the same, but red.

look more closely .. maybe moneyfreak's 5 is an early prototype he got his hands on, maybe something floated out of the incinerator ... or maybe a very poor try at forgery. ... notice the four corners on the front of the 5000 compared to 5 ... not that it matters .. but you did make me look! :lol:

look more closely .. maybe moneyfreak's 5 is an early prototype he got his hands on, maybe something floated out of the incinerator ... or maybe a very poor try at forgery. ... notice the four corners on the front of the 5000 compared to 5 ... not that it matters .. but you did make me look! :lol:

yes, i did see that. The "o" and three dots equal 5000. I think this is a funny attempt at the idea of a lop.

Edited by yothor

and everyone saying that its a fake or even assuming that i am somewhat even remotely trying to get some l o p talk going is ridiculous cause i dont think that a l o p will happen IMHO and its not a fake its just really old.....apparently.

oh, good, because I really don't want to have to move this to the LOP section. :lol:

-MoneyFreak

I believe this is where I read - that the new notes used the designs from the old swiss notes. http://www.globalsec...ency-reform.htm

Bremer stated that a new currency had not been designed by the United States as only a sovereign Iraqi government could take that decision. The new currency would not depict Saddam Hussein. The design for the new currency, which was not been released in advance to the public, was taken from the designs of the "Swiss" dinar, though the new notes had different colors and denominations. The new dinars were printed in a full range of denominations: in 50s; 250s; 1,000s; 5,000s; 10,000s; and 25,000s. The new banknotes were much better protected against counterfeiting, they were much more durable and suffer less "wear and tear".

IMO the New 5k notes design was taken from the 5 "Swiss" dinar note, but has a different color and denomination.

I have not got a photo of the 5 "Swiss" dinar but MoneyFreak might. Just a thought.

-MoneyFreak

MoneyFreak - I found photos of your 5 dinar note - It appears as though it is a "Swiss" dinar note.

That particular bill may still be used in Northern Iraq.

http://iqdclub.com/pages/2/index.htm

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I may not have found this information if you hadn't.

Bremer stated that a new currency had not been designed by the United States as only a sovereign Iraqi government could take that decision. The new currency would not depict Saddam Hussein. The design for the new currency, which was not been released in advance to the public, was taken from the designs of the "Swiss" dinar, though the new notes had different colors and denominations. The new dinars were printed in a full range of denominations: in 50s; 250s; 1,000s; 5,000s; 10,000s; and 25,000s. The new banknotes were much better protected against counterfeiting, they were much more durable and suffer less "wear and tear".

More....