Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

125,000 sign petition to try and stop Britain's oldest prisoner of war being evicted from his home

umbertino

Britain's oldest prisoner of war is being forced out of his home of more than 50 years because a council says his care is too expensive

By Agency

11:54PM BST 01 Apr 2015

Robert-Clark_3253909b.jpg

I admit this story is really sad  ( besides being outright cruel) and I do hope the Authority in charge will rethink this obscenity... The gentleman is 96, blind, deaf etc ....and with his background history...It is  highly  immoral to even consider eviction.... Come on now....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Well folks that is a SOCIALITS style of government for you, I am sure that there are ways that this community can keep this World War II veteran in his home for a few more years at the most.  It is a shame that these people don't remember the HORRORS  of WORLD WAR II.

Don't think for one moment that it's not already heading to the USA.

Heading to the USA? It's already here.

There was an article on the news last night where a Jacksonville, FL vet is being moved out of his VA contracted nursing home because the VA is not paying the bills.

I tried to bring the link/story over from News4Jax but I guess I'm not a good enough rocket-surgeon on the computer to do that. If someone could help out a not so old vet, I'd appreciate that. Go to news4jax.com and check the local news tab.

Thanks,

Thank Umbert. This is very sad, but it happens here in the US also.

This case should never have come this far, to the point of eviction.

Someone should have had the courage to speak up and let this

man alone without even allowing it to get to this point. You said it right

my friend...it IS cruel and obscene. Please keep us posted as to how this

turns out. His care is too expensive...and that is HIS fault?

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

Heading to the USA? It's already here.

There was an article on the news last night where a Jacksonville, FL vet is being moved out of his VA contracted nursing home because the VA is not paying the bills.

I tried to bring the link/story over from News4Jax but I guess I'm not a good enough rocket-surgeon on the computer to do that. If someone could help out a not so old vet, I'd appreciate that. Go to news4jax.com and check the local news tab.

Thanks,

Here you go 429...I hope this helps:

Man speaks out as vets are evicted from nursing home

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-speaks-out-as-vets-are-evicted-from-nursing-home/32144608

MANDARIN, Fla. -

A son spoke Wednesday, out on his father’s behalf, after being told that his father’s nursing home may soon end a contract with Veteran Affairs and his father would be evicted.

David Wilson said his father, Duane Wilson, has lived at the nursing home for three years and the VA has been footing the bill.

Wilson said his family is now desperate for the senior home to keep the contract for the sake of his 76-year-old father and other veterans.

The home said that all veterans must be out by April 17.

“When I found out that they are seizing the contract with the Veterans Administration because of back pay, it's like that, to me, it’s just so wrong,” David Wilson said.

So wrong because now his father and other vets at the home have to pack their bags.

“Him having to leave is just, to me, it's just a sad thing for the vets because they really don't have a say in what's about to happen to them,” David said.

So David Wilson has decided to say it for them and be the voice that his father hasn’t had after suffering a stroke three years ago.

Right now, the home said it’s still in the renegotiating process with the VA, but David Wilson hopes it’s a process that will end in his dad’s favor.

“If he's got to be somewhere, we'd rather him be here,” David Wilson said.

If things don’t work out in David Wilson's favor the next closest home that takes VA patients is Clay County.

Here is a video I think also of this case:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/fight-for-veterans-home/32144500

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

Thank Umbert. This is very sad, but it happens here in the US also.

This case should never have come this far, to the point of eviction.

Someone should have had the courage to speak up and let this

man alone without even allowing it to get to this point. You said it right

my friend...it IS cruel and obscene. Please keep us posted as to how this

turns out. His care is too expensive...and that is HIS fault?

Exactly Jim.....Common sense and common heart ... Not too much to ask for, I'd think ( but it is, evidently)