Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will they take the zero's off or not I don't know ????

retirementafterrv

2010-05-26

The central bank adviser: raise three zeroes from the currency will not be two years

BAGHDAD (Iba) Follow-up / ... advisor confirmed the CBI Ketor the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, said that the process of initiating a zeros will not be two years and that the magnitude of the cluster of cash contributed to the complexity of the current payment system in Iraq.

Saleh said in press statements that the matter was not urgent issues and it is linked to achieving full economic stability in Iraq.

For his part, said financial expert, Dr. Ahmed Al Wazzan, the lifting of the zeroes is an important step entailed the benefits of many of the Iraqi economy, since the lifting of the zeroes will reduce the contradictions between the parties of the financial authority in Iraq at the same time pointing to the existence of hazards as may result from the process of lifting the zeros.

The formal financial entities have agreed to draft up zeroes against the backdrop of increasing claims so because of security risks faced by financial Alaozrac transfer between banks

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php%3Fname%3Dinner%26t%3Deconomy%26id%3D25810&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhF4Ke5uuAgq_nxptc47VB26xk_zw

Links relating to Iraq's Currency and Monetary Policy ...

Note ~ NOT A LOP ~ The following statements mentioned in the following articles are indirectly saying that all Iraqi Dinars with 3 0's will be Removed from Circulation. That would mean that the 25,000, 10,000, 5,000 and 1,000 dinar notes will, over time (gradually), be taken out of circulation. This is Not a lop. Time will be given to trade in the higher notes for smaller notes and eventually the higher notes will no longer be used and will be Phased out Completly.

*** IRAQ PLANNING CURRENCY REDENOMINATION ... (most recent)

Higher Denominations will be Removed in the Near Future

CBI - seeking to cancel confirmed zeros from the Iraqi dinar ...

Solagh: the decision to lift the value of the Iraqi dinar was the result of valuable studies

Gulf nations may opt first for dollar in currency union

Use of US Dollar to Be Eliminated in Iraq

***Is Now the Time to Invest? CNBC Videos - Updates

Q & A - Monetary Progress in Iraq ... Currency

Central Bank: perfective of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies much

*** Implementation of the Monetary Policy Pursued by the Central Bank.

FACTS ABOUT THE IRAQI DINAR AND ITS HISTORY

Iraq Returns As A Member of the Gulf Cooperation Council

Senior Economist: Raising the zeroes will not improve the value of the Iraqi currency

The Iraqi Dinar and Zeros Again ...

In Depth Explanation about Iraq's Currency Redenomination and Exchangeability ...

Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Beirut: Shabibi, Iraqi Central Bank Governor, and Representatives from the Trade Bank of Iraq

Iraq central bank takes steps to ‘rebase dinar’

*** Minister of Finance: raise zeros from the Iraqi currency against the dollar will be supported by

Iraqi Dinar Revaluation and New Denominations ...

PM: Iraqi dinar re-evaluation has to do with economic conditions

More ~ The Iraqi Dinar and Nibiru ~ could it be?

Iraq ~ Economic conference recommends lifting of the zeroes on the Iraqi dinar ...

The Iraqi government develop new regulations for finance transactions in hard currency ...

2010-05-26

The central bank adviser: raise three zeroes from the currency will not be two years

BAGHDAD (Iba) Follow-up / ... advisor confirmed the CBI Ketor the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, said that the process of initiating a zeros will not be two years and that the magnitude of the cluster of cash contributed to the complexity of the current payment system in Iraq.

Saleh said in press statements that the matter was not urgent issues and it is linked to achieving full economic stability in Iraq.

For his part, said financial expert, Dr. Ahmed Al Wazzan, the lifting of the zeroes is an important step entailed the benefits of many of the Iraqi economy, since the lifting of the zeroes will reduce the contradictions between the parties of the financial authority in Iraq at the same time pointing to the existence of hazards as may result from the process of lifting the zeros.

The formal financial entities have agreed to draft up zeroes against the backdrop of increasing claims so because of security risks faced by financial Alaozrac transfer between banks

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php%3Fname%3Dinner%26t%3Deconomy%26id%3D25810&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhhF4Ke5uuAgq_nxptc47VB26xk_zw

Links relating to Iraq's Currency and Monetary Policy ...

Note ~ NOT A LOP ~ The following statements mentioned in the following articles are indirectly saying that all Iraqi Dinars with 3 0's will be Removed from Circulation. That would mean that the 25,000, 10,000, 5,000 and 1,000 dinar notes will, over time (gradually), be taken out of circulation. This is Not a lop. Time will be given to trade in the higher notes for smaller notes and eventually the higher notes will no longer be used and will be Phased out Completly.

*** IRAQ PLANNING CURRENCY REDENOMINATION ... (most recent)

Higher Denominations will be Removed in the Near Future

CBI - seeking to cancel confirmed zeros from the Iraqi dinar ...

Solagh: the decision to lift the value of the Iraqi dinar was the result of valuable studies

Gulf nations may opt first for dollar in currency union

Use of US Dollar to Be Eliminated in Iraq

***Is Now the Time to Invest? CNBC Videos - Updates

Q & A - Monetary Progress in Iraq ... Currency

Central Bank: perfective of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies much

*** Implementation of the Monetary Policy Pursued by the Central Bank.

FACTS ABOUT THE IRAQI DINAR AND ITS HISTORY

Iraq Returns As A Member of the Gulf Cooperation Council

Senior Economist: Raising the zeroes will not improve the value of the Iraqi currency

The Iraqi Dinar and Zeros Again ...

In Depth Explanation about Iraq's Currency Redenomination and Exchangeability ...

Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Beirut: Shabibi, Iraqi Central Bank Governor, and Representatives from the Trade Bank of Iraq

Iraq central bank takes steps to ‘rebase dinar’

*** Minister of Finance: raise zeros from the Iraqi currency against the dollar will be supported by

Iraqi Dinar Revaluation and New Denominations ...

PM: Iraqi dinar re-evaluation has to do with economic conditions

More ~ The Iraqi Dinar and Nibiru ~ could it be?

Iraq ~ Economic conference recommends lifting of the zeroes on the Iraqi dinar ...

The Iraqi government develop new regulations for finance transactions in hard currency ...

I don't care anymore I just want a result either way so I can get away from this rollercoaster!!!!

It looks to me like it will happen soon. Here is why. They are not going to preannounce they are lopping the 000's. They are just going to do it. If they were to preannounce, then everyone would run out and buy it. If you read the article, they talk out both sides of there mouths.

This is what I think is going to happen:

They are collecting the 25000 bills off the streets already. I believe that the RV is coming soon, but I think that it is going to be much smaller than we are expecting it, and as the dinar increases in value the larger notes are going to be replaced with smaller denomination notes. Maybe the 1000 IQD bill will remain in circulation for a long time. To my knowledge to have your highest bill a 25 IQD is not convenient either. Just imagine here in the US with a $25.00 being the highest dollar bill in circulation, it just wouldn't suffice. Even with all the ATMs that we have. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

In the mean time lets honor our soldiers..

I'm surprised this post has made it this long in the "Iraq & Dinar Related News," even though it is "Iraq and Dinar Related News." lol :huh: Usually all the lopster posts get moved to the LOP section of this forum. Oh well, life is great and is to be enjoyed. Happy posting.

I'm surprised this post has made it this long in the "Iraq & Dinar Related News," even though it is "Iraq and Dinar Related News." lol :huh: Usually all the lopster posts get moved to the LOP section of this forum. Oh well, life is great and is to be enjoyed. Happy posting.

The LOP MONSTER welcomes you to LOP talk ... ... party0033.gif

The LOP MONSTER welcomes you to LOP talk ... ... party0033.gif

It does not make any sense to me to try to pull the larger notes out of circulation, unless the value increases. Imagine having to carry 25 x 1000 Dinar Notes around just to buy something worth about USD20.00!

There has to be some form of RV, and whether or not we speculative investors gain from it or not, in the long run we will not lose out!

If they carried out a lop, and included Out-of-Country monies as well, leaving my NID25000, replaced by a new NID25 note, still being worth about USD21.00, then I would simply hold them untill the currency revalues over time as it must inevitably do.

But even if I traded them in, I would cover my investment, because it has already revalued by some 26% since I purchased them and that more-or-less covers the surcharge I paid on purchase!

good points Graham .. I inserted a few thought of my own.

luckylucy

It does not make any sense to me to try to pull the larger notes out of circulation, unless the value increases. Imagine having to carry 25 x 1000 Dinar Notes around just to buy something worth about USD20.00!

Since Iraq is implementing the "electronic" system and bank cards, etc., then perhaps citizens will be encouraged to open account, but hand in the big bills, get the volume in their account and get a card .. or write a check, or whatever. Is Iraq trying to go more electronic rather than "cash" or notes or pocket money. We are assuming they have to cash in for bills, not money in the bank.

There has to be some form of RV, and whether or not we speculative investors gain from it or not, in the long run we will not lose out!

I agree .. an RV before a re-denomination ... so "cash in pocket" if they set up bank accounts really won't be an issue either way ... and if this is the case, delaying re-denomination until 2011 wouldn't really matter.

If they carried out a lop, and included Out-of-Country monies as well, leaving my NID25000, replaced by a new NID25 note, still being worth about USD21.00, then I would simply hold them untill the currency revalues over time as it must inevitably do.

But even if I traded them in, I would cover my investment, because it has already revalued by some 26% since I purchased them and that more-or-less covers the surcharge I paid on purchase!

Congratulations and I'm so glad you have this advantage ... that is awesome .. happy for you!!!