Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2nd Vote... Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is...

Whatshername

This is a fun, free little app (and website too)...it tells you which companies finance and support liberal policies. They've done all the hard work for you... so you can vote with your wallet. 
    About 2ndVote

If you're like a lot of us, you cast your first vote in an elections every couple of years, and wonder if you're making a difference. Whether you know it or not, you’re casting a vote every day and making a difference, sometimes in support of causes and issues that you would never support on your own. That's where 2nd Vote comes in.

logo_big.png
A New Resource For Making Informed Decisions

Our goal is to help you make better decisions when you cast your 2nd Vote every day by letting you know where your money really goes when you're buying a product, eating at a restaurant, or supporting an organization.

2nd Vote is a group of conservatives who are dedicated to helping you be informed about the everyday choices you make. We believe you can make a difference, and with 2nd Vote you will.

Learn

Learn more about conservative issues that matter to you and the companies and causes that fund them, and their opponents.

Vote

Use 2nd Vote's tools to take action, and support your values every day, with every dollar you spend.

Grow the support for your principles with your friends and family with easy sharing tools.

Learn How We Score

Do you want to know what each numerical score really means in our scoring system? Here's more about what each number indicates.

Organizations and Interest Groups that advocate for various issues, both on the conservative and liberal side, spend tremendous amounts of money each year to advance those causes. This money comes from individual donors, grants, and most importantly, corporate contributions.

2nd Vote is developing the most complete database that makes it easy for conservatives to follow the money and see how the companies you shop with every day are spending the money you spend with them.

We base our scoring system on the following information:

• Direct and indirect corporate donations
  • Activities and stated policies from these companies
  • Documented sponsorships for various political and advocacy-related events
  • Corporate leadership donations, activity and advocacy
  • Lobbying spent for or against various issues on the federal and state levels

We use this information to score each company on a scale of 1 to 5 on various issues.

The scale is calculated as follows:

1. Liberal - Direct donations to liberal organizations, such as pro-abortion groups or gun control groups. Having liberal values in the company’s main business platform.
  2. Lean Liberal - Third party donations to groups that support or fund liberal organizations causes, matching gifts to liberal organizations or causes, or any indirect support to liberal organizations or causes.
  3. Neutral - Absence of any support of liberal organizations or causes. A company can also score neutral if they equally support liberal and conservative causes.
  4. Lean Conservative - Third party donations to groups that support conservative organizations or causes, matching gifts to conservative causes or groups, or any indirect support for conservative organizations or causes.
  5. Conservative - Direct funding to conservative groups, such as pro-life groups and pro-2nd Amendment groups. Having conservative values in the company’s main business platform.

For Apple, Android, web and Kindle... http://www.2ndvote.com/

• Upvote 6

Now if they could add a GMO vs non-GMO company and brand-item listing section, that would be huge for the consumer.Especially if the people could add (moderated) barcode data on products from the stores on the fly.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Shabibilicious" data-cid="1422586" data-time="1409053830">Shabibilicious, on 26 Aug 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:<p><strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #000080'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><span style='font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif'>2nd Vote Motto  ~  "Putting hard working Americans out of work every day"   

STUPID IPAD!

RVWITHME... that would be great!

Shabs... Not true!  Any consumer with hard earned dollars to spend should know who and what they're supporting... Works both ways.  Don't always have a choice, depending on where you live.  But when you DO have a choice of where to spend... say, your lunch money... a Culver's or an In-N-Out burger might just taste better to you than a Wendy's or a Hardee's.  Or in your case... the other way around!  ;)  Information is empowering. 

• Upvote 3

Shabs... Not true!  Any consumer with hard earned dollars to spend should know who and what they're supporting... Works both ways.  Don't always have a choice, depending on where you live.  But when you DO have a choice of where to spend... say, your lunch money... a Culver's or an In-N-Out burger might just taste better to you than a Wendy's or a Hardee's.  Or in your case... the other way around!   ;)  Information is empowering. 

And in today's economy, with so many people either out of work, or working the only job they can find..........should they be targeted because of their limited choice of employment?  Sounds like 2nd Vote would rather have those folks on welfare and government subsidies....rather than work for a liberal leaning corporation.  They're in essence, promoting the very thing they fight against.  As always, just my opinion.   :peace:   How bout that, not one smart @ss comment in my whole response.   :D 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1

"How bout that, not one smart @ss comment in my whole response."

You say that like its a good thing!

Here's where your logic if flawed... The dollars are still being spent. If a company that was very anti-2nd ammandment and they felt the sting of less business from informed consumers... maybe they'd rethink their policies and donation choices. That's how the Free Market works... Choice and Competition.

• Upvote 6

And in today's economy, with so many people either out of work, or working the only job they can find..........should they be targeted because of their limited choice of employment?  Sounds like 2nd Vote would rather have those folks on welfare and government subsidies....rather than work for a liberal leaning corporation.  They're in essence, promoting the very thing they fight against.  As always, just my opinion.   :peace:   How bout that, not one smart @ss comment in my whole response.   :D 

GO RV, and NO BV

Yer  slipping man.

Come on you know you want too.   :)

• Upvote 1

"How bout that, not one smart @ss comment in my whole response."

You say that like its a good thing!

Here's where your logic if flawed... The dollars are still being spent. If a company that was very anti-2nd ammandment and they felt the sting of less business from informed consumers... maybe they'd rethink their policies and donation choices. That's how the Free Market works... Choice and Competition.

I understand their goal.  I just happen to still believe in "Made in America"......not quite willing to accept "Made in a strictly conservative America".  

GO RV, and NO BV

Yer  slipping man.

Come on you know you want too.   :)

Goes completely against my grain to play it straight, Dog.  Hey, wait a minute.....that didn't come out right.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 2

I understand their goal.  I just happen to still believe in "Made in America"......not quite willing to accept "Made in a strictly conservative America".  

GO RV, and NO BV

"Made in America" is not a category they're rated on but that's a great idea!  It's the organizations these companies fund (like planned parenthood) that we Pro-Life consumers should know before we support them.  And STUPID policies like "no guns" in their establishment... I want to know who would disarm me to shop there (cuz criminals don't find that a deterrent!).  I feel much safer in a store that lets responsible conceal carry patrons through the door... (because criminals DON'T). 
  • Upvote 5

"Made in America" is not a category they're rated on but that's a great idea!  It's the organizations these companies fund (like planned parenthood) that we Pro-Life consumers should know before we support them.  And STUPID policies like "no guns" in their establishment... I want to know who would disarm me to shop there (cuz criminals don't find that a deterrent!).  I feel much safer in a store that lets responsible conceal carry patrons through the door... (because criminals DON'T). 

Concealed carry in a Frederick's of Hollywood........is a nice visual.   :rolleyes:   

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1

Agreed all the way!  The money is still being spent, just at business A instead of business B, if business B goes out of business or is hurting because of it, those employees should help pressure that business into making smarter donation choices, if the business isn't smart enough to change then let them go out of business, PERIOD!  If those employees lose their jobs because of it maybe they'll think before they vote next round and vote for pro business (yes the ones employing everyone) candidates instead of govt. dependence candidates, you reap what you sow!!!

Concealed carry in a Frederick's of Hollywood........is a nice visual.   :rolleyes:   

GO RV, and NO BV

LOL, Victoria's Secret!!!   :eyebrows: 

• Upvote 2

ninetymiles5nE9lt1rfobcxo1_500.jpg

Now that is hot!!!!!   :drool:  :drool:     :D  Thanks Snow!!

GO RV, and NO BV

Goes completely against my grain to play it straight, Dog.  Hey, wait a minute.....that didn't come out right.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

If it really was "Strictly conservative America" we wouldn't have to worry about this whole conversation because we'd still actually have some $#*% we could buy that was actually made here.  I for one don't blame companies for leaving the US for more business friendly places.  The government and the unions have broken the backs of businesses everywhere is it any wonder many of them have said "See Ya!" :moon-from-car:

"Goes completely against my grain to play it straight, Dog.  Hey, wait a minute.....that didn't come out right.  " 

Ok, now you are scaring me buddy!!   :D  :lol:  :lol:  :peace:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

I dont go to costco any more either, thats the little"o" 's company. When I first heard him bring their name up as example. That's the day my costco card got cut up. It will be a long time before I step in that store. Sams, All the way brother!!! I let everybody know here in Texas to help run them out back to CA where they belong.

• Upvote 1

I dont go to costco any more either, thats the little"o" 's company. When I first heard him bring their name up as example. That's the day my costco card got cut up. It will be a long time before I step in that store. Sams, All the way brother!!! I let everybody know here in Texas to help run them out back to CA where they belong.

The underpaid employees of the beast that is the Walmart Corp appreciates your business.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

No shirt, No shoes.....No service.  Feel free to bring as many weapons as you want though.......after all, I'm only the store owner, what rights do I have?    :shakehead:   Hell....Wyatt  Earp made them check their weapons at the village limits.  We all know he was a terrible American.   :huh: 

GO RV, and NO BV

No service? With those two above, it's more like... No shoes, no shirt... No Charge!

• Upvote 1

The underpaid employees of the beast that is the Walmart Corp appreciates your business.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

If you think your under paid where you work, then you go find something else to do, where you can make more money. Thats the American way. I've never seen a shortage of help at Walmart or Sams. Go start you a company. If thats what you need to do, to make the money you want. There are a lot of people, that have this overly sense of worth. They think just because the show up they deserve a  pay check regardles of the work preformed. Well here in the real world it dont work that way. If I dont get paid because of your bad work you dont get paid either. Then I put you on new career path. You do work with me long, if you dont preform. :salute:

• Upvote 2

If you think your under paid where you work, then you go find something else to do, where you can make more money. Thats the American way. I've never seen a shortage of help at Walmart or Sams. Go start you a company. If thats what you need to do, to make the money you want. There are a lot of people, that have this overly sense of worth. They think just because the show up they deserve a  pay check regardles of the work preformed. Well here in the real world it dont work that way. If I dont get paid because of your bad work you dont get paid either. Then I put you on new career path. You do work with me long, if you dont preform. :salute:

Thank you.  You just brought this full circle, which was my intention.  2nd Vote is trying to eliminate at least half of the corporations because they don't like the ideals those companies stand for.......employees be damned....American workers, same as you and me.  

GO RV, and NO BV 

• Upvote 2

Thank you.  You just brought this full circle, which was my intention.  2nd Vote is trying to eliminate at least half of the corporations because they don't like the ideals those companies stand for.......employees be damned....American workers, same as you and me.  

GO RV, and NO BV 

But don't you think the increased business at the conservative companies would also produce the need to employ more people to keep up with the increase in demand for their service or products?  Thus evening it out, not to mention the new businesses that would spring up in the wake of the liberal ones going down to cover the market share of whatever business it happened to be.  Supply and demand based on free enterprise at it's finest my friend!!  :peace:

No service? With those two above, it's more like... No shoes, no shirt... No Charge!

I like that business philosophy!!   :twothumbs:  :lol:

• Upvote 2

Sort of like the *** couple that cost the baker out west his job because he refused to make them a wedding cake.  My thoughts are if you want a business that caters to gays start one.  If you want a bar that's smoke free start one.  If you want a business that has liberal values start one.  But don't hide what it is you stand for and then not expect problems when you are called out on it.  Freedom of choice!  If you don't like what my business is or what I believe don't come in, if I don't like yours I'll do the same.  See which ones stay in business based off their customers interests, beliefs, etc. change or go under.  Unfortunately that's not the liberal way, they would rather FORCE you to comply with their belief system while completely ignoring yours!!!

Hey I snuck a plural thru the system!!!  :eyebrows:  :D

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 3