Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

And God Created the Midwest...

I haven't always made my home in the deep south. I grew up in Northern Illinois and my wife is from Northeast Iowa - so I can post this email that I got from a family member who is still silly enough to live in the land of snow...

On the sixth day, God turned to Archangel Gabriel and said, "Today I am going to create an area of land called The Midwest. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall hills and rolling plains full of game and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and streams full of trout, forests full of deer and turkeys, valleys with fertile soil with an abundance of nutrients to grow things, and rivers teeming with fish." God continued, "I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Midwesterners, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Midwesterners??"

"Not really," replied God.. "Just wait and see the winters I am going to give them!"

By the way, it's in the seventies here today. Thought you'd want to know.

• Upvote 1

Go right ahead and gloat all day about the seventy degree days.  We who reside up north don't have to confront big a++ snakes that bite you - nor big, weird looking bugs that eat everything green in your yard.  The cold weather has a cleansing effect in that it keeps out various strains of fungi, bacteria and people who flunked the 'hooked on phonics' exam.  The northern states are more industrious and familial in that the long winters promote close relationships at home and at work.  We northerners are rugged individualists - capable of taking care of ourselves when anarchy abounds.  

Go right ahead and gloat all day about the seventy degree days.  We who reside up north don't have to confront big a++ snakes that bite you - nor big, weird looking bugs that eat everything green in your yard.  The cold weather has a cleansing effect in that it keeps out various strains of fungi, bacteria and people who flunked the 'hooked on phonics' exam.  The northern states are more industrious and familial in that the long winters promote close relationships at home and at work.  We northerners are rugged individualists - capable of taking care of ourselves when anarchy abounds.

Whatever make you feel good billy. Go ahead, convince yourself. It's all good. Just find something to smile about everyday. Peace, brother.

It's all in fun.  We are getting blasted once again and now I am getting serious about re-locating.  I've been watching them alligator hunters - and think life in the swamp can't be all that bad.  You could garden all year long and pick your breakfast off a tree.  Maybe my joints wouldn't hurt so bad if i lived in the bayou.  I'm sick of this stuff.  My snow blow blower is worn out and I refuse to fix or replace it.  (Those poor folks in the ND oilfields have a lot of winter ahead of them yet)