Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

#BBCtrending: #Wearethepeople and the 'fraudulent' dinar ruse

"It sucks you in," says Marcus Curtis who spent more than $3,000 (£1800) on Iraqi dinars in 2010 and encouraged his friends and family to do the same. "I spent two years of my life in the forums talking to people and learning all this stuff that wasn't true." He is now one of a handful of people who research, blog and campaign - often with considerable zeal - against those promoting the dinar. He describes some of the characteristics of the forums as "cult-like". There are examples of marriages breaking up and people losing their homes after spending money on dinars they cannot afford, he says. The hashtag #wearenotthepeople is still going strong, thanks to its fake - but also some very real - followers.

The biggest liars are media corporations and large multilateral organizations, TNT Tony, he's just one guy.. He doesn't bother me as much as those corporations that lie through their teeth. Nice little anti-dinar campaign BBC... 

Hopefully the US congress gets to work and passes the 2010 IMF Code of Reforms soon... Other nations are getting upset with the US for the delay.

I would like to understand your above argument and the underlying assumption of an inherent 'anti-dinar' campaign supposedly adopted by the BBC.  What do you believe are the motivations of an international news organization with reputable journalists for such a campaign?  You may need to come to the conclusion that a recurring story in the news as previously reported by multiple unrelated and reputable news organizations may contain some very valid truths.  

One must acknowledge this is a speculative enterprise hoping for the RV.  I look at it this way:  How much lower can the value drop :)...and if it does can I afford to lose it and not bat a lid.

Thanks for the info on TNT....I did not know who the guy is.  But I certainly intend to find out.

GO RV! :) (Just dont ask when)

I hate to use the Term Global currency reset. Not sure what else you would call it though. In 1971 when President Nixon terminated the convertability of US dollars to gold and abandoned the Bretton Woods system  I believe this became not only possible but inevitable.. A world wide Fiat currency reserve system backed ny nothing more than the US dollar  LOL.  By force we are told USD has value although the debasing is causing steadily  increasing inflation rates. All Fiat Currencies eventually fail mostly due to mismanagement.  Not some of them but 100 % of them. Is the United States Government  and the Fed  mismanaging it currency? I would say the answer is a positive YES.  So what happens this time around when the World is backing their fiat currencies with our Fiat currency which is no longer backed up by real money ( Gold ) . This is the unknown as it is truly a first time event.  Will it happen? History shows us that it will eventually. 

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2