Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just when you doubted the reduction of dinar in circulation.

It is my belief that the GOI/CBI are using a hard manipulation to keep the value of the IQD at 1/10 of a penny, to rebuild Iraqs infrastructure on the cheap.

No offense but that doesn't make any sense.  If Iraq wanted to cheaply rebuild their infrastructure they would increase the value as that would bring the cost of labor and materials down.  With a low value the currency buys less and prices are higher. 

• Upvote 1

Doc, Iraq cannot rebuild its infrastructure for much cheaper than using IQD that is presently only worth 1/10 of a penny US. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. If they increased the value of the IQD before they rebuilt then they would be increasing their cost of rebuilding ... as ... well. Either way, may you and your family be blest this Christmas.

Currency in circulation, UK official figures today ( for 2012).. 2.9Bn. banknotes in circulation = just above £52Bn.

This is strictly controlled and monitored via the Banks exchange of damaged, defaced, worn out notes.. can this be said of the Iraqi system.

Government and BOE need agreement to change the existing rules..  supposed to be the same in Iraq ?

Gov. today announced the new notes in 2016 will be printed on polymer instead of the paper used at present.

25 Countries now use polymer notes so obviously the banks counting/verifying machines have been built to accomodate this change, De la Rue were closely involved with the development of such machines. CBI members have visited the UK numerous times during the past two years as well as other Countries that use polymer notes and will no doubt be aware of their attributes. 

UK does have small gold deposits, mainly in Wales & Scotland, but these are not used in any published "assets" by our Gov.

It is all to easy to cloud the basic point that we are trying to highlight by introducing too much irrelevant information. (as deliberately done above).

CBI figures are the only official figures that we should be using, whether we agree with them or not.

I read on here yesterday that according to "Iraqi News" that ALL of Iraq has electricity available to it, I wonder what effect this will have on the contracts still to be completed re. Russia, Italy, UK, France, Germany, for the supply of pylons, cable, switchgear, jointing kits, etc.  over 2Bn. Euro's worth yet to be supplied ?.

Yet more ill researched, or is it just more journalistic licence, from outside Iraq ?

No offense but that doesn't make any sense.  If Iraq wanted to cheaply rebuild their infrastructure they would increase the value as that would bring the cost of labor and materials down.  With a low value the currency buys less and prices are higher. 

Any change in Value would change the cost of Labor and Materials..you can't do just one and not effect the others..No Offense..just not gonna happen as you state it...

• Upvote 1