Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coffeecare

Right on target SoCalDinar.... and pretty clear breakdown of the monster staring back at us... 

I notice a lot of people jumping down Obama's throat, which is fine... He clearly has a major part to play out in this drama... What I don't understand is why people seem to think he did it all by himself..... Members of Congress had to vote this thing into being in the first place... (whether or not it should be funded came way later)....And the majority of those voting to pass it in the first place were probably primarily democrats following party line,.... but I really don't think they could have done that alone... .. 

And I for one really wish that so much of this would have come out when it was first up for vote.... And I'm as guilty as the next guy for not following it that closely back then..... Maybe its like so many things these days... We get so overwhelmed juggling life, that we really don't deal or focus on issues that aren't directly in our face.... And then when we finally wake up, the ship has sailed leaving some of us on the dock mad as helllll.... 

Anyway, back to culpability... there were too many people saying too many stupid things that in hindsight (always 20/20) kind of makes you wonder.... In my opinion, there is way way too much corporate profiteering for this to be a strictly party line democrat thing... There just is... 

Was it  the corporate need for mega profit that drove the republicans to oppose the single payer system in favor of this monster? I'm really not pointing fingers at anyone or party... We all have a piece of this, and as we all know, things are rarely as they seem these days... Why was there such opposition to a system like that of Canada or the EU.... Its actually a pretty good system for both the patient and the doctor, and is not burdened with all these laws and penalty and forced participation and loss and on and on.... There is no need to run actuarials the way it seems to have unfolded in this monster... with some of us paying 3 times as much as we did last year, for half the treatment and insane co-pays.... We wouldn't have to design a system that forces people into participation, and thereafter design it to accommodate them accordingly... I've seen some in here rage about the one payer system, but apart from the nee ner nee ner, I've seen no specifics or substance of opposition..... 

In any event, people can bash O all they want,... but at the end of the day, it seems a bit intellectually myopic to think there was not greater Congressional participation and profiteering going on behind this... Swell that ya'll are posturing now... where the sam hill were you when the initial vote was happening.... And really I guess what's behind all my questions is thinking that this thing is a giant mess that will implode on itself and we need to fix it.... And in fixing it in the second place, I guess I want to make sure that those who voted for this mess in the first place, get a ticket home, on both political buses.... 

And that was a great explanation SoCal.... thanks!!

• Upvote 3

Just FYI: The ACA (Obamacare) passed on strict party lines - NO Republican voted for it in the House or in the Senate - it was a purely democratic party concoction. Not only that but many representatives tried to warn the public that this was a program to gain power and had nothing to do with Health Care or reducing the cost of health care. Everyone chose to ignore the warnings and so now here we are with this monstrosity that no one will be able to live with but many will die with.  The IPAB will decide who lives and who dies. (Death panels ........what????) :facepalm3:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 1

Decaf, PG....decaf.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Decaf :nooo:  I get 10 shots of expresso's black in a large cup at duncan donuts

twice a day It gets me moving.I can burn rubber in my wheelchair when I am done.

Plus I drink a 12 pack of cokes in between.Maybe I need to get me some caffine pills?

Or even dip coffee grounds?

But Thank You for thinking about me.

I Love Ya Shabbs! plus 11111111111 whoops must be the caffine!

• Upvote 1

There is no way a business can make an educated and finanacially sound decision on which way to go with this. With a looming December 15th deadline I am not sure what we will do.

How can a business make a decision without knowing what the tax codes will be??  My CPA can not help us make a choice until the tax codes are released for 2014.

I want my employees to have healthcare and not just for altruistic reasons. An employee without healthcare has a higher chance of filing a fraudulent work Comp case.

You watch. With businesses dropping insurance and sending employees to the exchange we will see a higher rate of work comp fraud.  Our Work Comp policies premiums will go up . No Doubt!

If we give our employees the amount we are currently paying for their healthcare there is no guarentee they will use it on Healthcare. I know some who would not.

I reimburse my employees for their cell phone use. Its paid for by my company. And without fail they do not pay their bills occasionally and I can't get through to them as the line is no longer in service.

So many will just pocket the money and pay the fine.  I would be interested to see what a Pro Obamacare bussiness owner would do or suggest we do.

If our Insurance agents and our accountants do not understand the law fully , how can they expect anyone else to.

Thanks Everyone.

• Upvote 1