Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Traveling Angels

Heavyduty053

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family who inherited a mansion with many bedrooms. When the family opened the door the man was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. He told them they could stay in the basement where they would sleep on the floor and smell the old musty smell all night. As they made they bed on the floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it with cement from the garage.

The younger angel watched this and asked why, the older angel replied, things aren't always as they seem, now go to sleep. The next day the two were on their way and traveled all day. When night begin to fall they saw a little old farm with a poor old farmer and his wife. The old man answered the door and they asked if they could stay there for the night and he was delighted and hospitable. After sharinjng what little food they had, they gave them their bed for the night so they could get a good nights rest before continuing their journey.

When the sun came up the next morning they saw the old farmer and his wife in tears, their only cow whose milk had been their sole income lay dead in the field. The younger angel was angered with the older angel and asked him how he could have let this happen to such a nice couple.

The first man had everything handed to him on a silver platter and he made us sleep in his musty old basement, he was rude to us and yet you saw a hole in his wall and repaired it. This man and his wife had very little and was poor and was willing to share with us what they had and you let their only cow die. "Things aren't always as they seem". Now let me explain.

When we stayed at the mansion, the man was rude and arrogant and wasn't willing to share his fortune with anyone who needed help. It bothered him just to let us stay in his old basement. I noticed a hole in the wall hiding a chest of gold coins so i repaired it so he wouldn't find it. It was my opinion that he was not deserving of its blessing.

Now last night while you slept the angel of death came for his wife and i gave him the cow instead and sent him away. This man can find another cow but to loose his wife would have devasted him with a broken heart. He deserved to have her a little longer in his life...."Things aren't always as they seem"...........Many times in my life i have discovered this very same thing, things aren't always as they appeared and it took common sense from God to see the difference.

Look into this and read it again if your have to, it is very evident who is deserving of God's blessings and who is not. It happens everyday someone recieves and someone missed out. If your faith in God then you have a different attitude towards how you approach every situation and its meaning will come just as God wants you to have it.

• Upvote 10

Great story.  I use this sometimes for a discussion started.  After the last "stay" and before the angels explanation, I have the group discuss what has just happened? What is their reasons for what has happened?  And what would they (the group) have done?  Then we talk about the explanation by the lead angel.  Makes for a lively discussion.  

• Upvote 2

Great story.  I use this sometimes for a discussion started.  After the last "stay" and before the angels explanation, I have the group discuss what has just happened? What is their reasons for what has happened?  And what would they (the group) have done?  Then we talk about the explanation by the lead angel.  Makes for a lively discussion.  

Great idea

• Upvote 2