Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Republican Rep. Admits Boehner is Lying: ‘Votes are There’ to End Gov’t Shutdown (Video)

Republican Rep. Admits Boehner is Lying: ‘Votes are There’ to End Gov’t Shutdown (Video)

Appearing on CNN with Wolf Blitzer, Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) “let the cat out of the bag” when he refused to toe House Speaker John Boehner’s (R-OH) Tea Party line, revealing that there were not enough votes in the House to pass a “clean continuing resolution.” that will effectively end the government shutdown. Furthermore, Dent said the votes were there and accused Boehner of trying to “conflate” the Continuing Resolution with the debt ceiling.

“I am going to insist that the speaker try to bring out a clean continuing resolution to the one I said I would support,” Dent told Blitzer.

“I would urge the speaker to bring it out for a vote,” Dent insisted.

When Blitzer asked Dent if a clean Continuing Resolution would pass the House, Dent said that, according to the Washington Post, 20 GOP House members would support that measure, with many more that would support it if it was brought to the floor for a vote.

“I believe the votes are there,” he added. “I suspect the reason why it’s not being brought out because it may violate the Hastert rule.”

“That, or the fact that the speaker wants to conflate – he wants to conflate the debt ceiling and the continuing resolution,”

He let the cat out of the bag. The truth is, John Boehner WANTS to continue to shut down the government and have America go off the “fiscal cliff”… anything to obstruct Obama’s second-term agenda.

The 21 Republicans who have expressed that they would vote for a clean CR if Boehner brings it up for a vote are:

Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.), Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), Rep. Leonard Lance (R-NJ.), Rep. Peter King (R-NY.), Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.), Rep. Randy Forbes (R-Va.), Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.), Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.), Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ.), Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho), Rep. Tim Griffin (R-Ark.), Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.), Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY.), Rep. Bill Young (R-Fla.), Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), Rep. Pat Meehan (R-Pa.), Rep. Jon Runyan (R-NJ), Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa), Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.), Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.).

Please watch the video below and share it on social media forums so that everyone will know the truth about Boehner’s reckless government shutdown.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Though I appreciate your steadfast conviction dinar_stud.........I believe it is misguided to place blame on one party.  These public servants from both sides of the aisle need to do just that.......serve the public.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

I don't blame one party. I just post what news I find, which in this case lets the people know the truth. This country is being held hostage and then given the excuse "we are stuck because we do not have the votes to end this shutdown, something this republican representative and 20 others have publicly claimed to be false.

The house needs 17 reps to pass a clean resolution, there are 21 willing to go that way. Why do the veterans, who will be affected as soon as Oct 16 as per Secretary Shinseki, have to pay the consequences??? 

The solution is simple, but a minority group in congress prefers to keep the nation hostage even taking those that gave their lives, health to protect this nation.

Edited by dinar_stud
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Daily Beast

- ‎10 minutes ago‎

The most viable solution to the shutdown crisis—a ‘clean’ budget in the House—is losing what little Republican support it had.

Yes another win for reasonable, adult Americans and yet another loss for “squander us into oblivion” Democratic Party mafia.

Obama, Reid, Pelosi and their operatives pushed for a parliamentary maneuver where they would take continuing resolution out of the hands of John Boehner. They failed miserably. There are 435 seats in the House. For such maneuver 200 Dems needed 18 Republicans, actually only 17 due to vacancies. They claimed they had as many as 26. At the end of the day not one single Republican signed their petition.

All of the finagling in both houses failed.

Now the Wall Street is pressuring Obama and Dems to sit down at the negotiating table with the GOP and come up with a compromise. Mr. “I will not negotiate” will have to sit down and negotiate. Yesterday ended with an egg on the face of Obama, Pelosi and Reid, actually a whole big omelette. This happened to a great extent due to your tireless efforts in calling your congressmen.

Please, call the GOP congressmen, thank them for standing strong for this country, for every American citizen. Ask them to talk to the GOP leadership and start hearing at the Oversight Committee and Judiciary Committee, subpoena Lew and Obama and demand from them a contingency plan showing which departments and programs will they cut in order to live within their means and not spend more than 2,850 trillion in taxes and other revenues they receive and in order not to default on October 17th.

We might not need 10 years to balance the budget, we might be able to do it in 10 days!!! Based on 14th amendment Dems have no other options: either negotiate now or cut  spending by about a trillion dollars.

Give yourselves a round of applause for your strength and commitment to stand up to this money squndering mafia, for bringing this nation back to sanity.

Thank you again

Dr. Orly Taitz, ESQ

President of

Defend Our Freedoms Foundation
  • Upvote 1