Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Effect of Government Shutdown on VA Benefits and Services to Veterans

dinar_stud

Effect of Government Shutdown on VA Benefits and Services to Veterans

DAV is on Capitol HIll this morning eager to hear VA Secretary Eric K. Shinseki testify at 10:30 ET before the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs. The Secretary will speak and be asked about the effects the federal government #shutdown is having on on #veterans. You can watch live at http://1.usa.gov/1aaaDCb. — at Cannon House Office Building.

http://veterans.house.gov/hearing/effect-of-government-shutdown-on-va-benefits-and-services-to-veterans

Edited by dinar_stud

I don't have time to watch the video but I wanted to let everyone know, I spent all day Monday at the VA and didn't notice any degrading of services except for waiting in line at the Pharmacy. I even had valet parking at the front door. :twothumbs:

I also met one guy who was transferred from Ft Sam to the VA so he could work.

Audie L Murphy VA Hospital SATX

CNBC stated if the shutdown continues, Veterans will not receive their benefits. They didn't state how long or when. Folks, that's 3.8 million Vets, like me, who will not receive their disability checks. If they want to start another recession, this is the ticket! POTUS will not negotiate!

Edited by hitechal

GOP will cave they already have they will join with the democrats in the house to pass a clean CR.  The Affordable Care Act is on the back burner.  The Tea Party has landed the GOP in hot water.  No talks on the ACA, debt ceiling yes obamacare as you guys call it no.  The Tea Party over played their hand.  Fox news is not talking about the ACA it more focus on the shut down and veterans who cannot visit the mall.  All this is more political posturing in which the GOP will pay dearly next year.  The house will return to the democrat's control.  Hell Texas might even go blue.  Sometimes i think the Tea Party is in the cahoots with democratic party.

CNBC stated if the shutdown continues, Veterans will not receive their benefits. They didn't state how long or when. Folks, that's 3.8 million Vets, like me, who will not receive their disability checks. If they want to start another recession, this is the ticket! POTUS will not negotiate!

Well i have a alot of vets friends who are hollering not about obama but the GOP.  The house is stuck on stupid concerning a law that has already been passed.  You might get a few veterans to go on Fox News and get mad but the majority is pissed at the GOP.  Blame Potus all you want but the real deal is to hijack the government over a law that was passed by congress and signed by POTUS.  Tea Party promised to cut a 100 billion from the budget never even got close.  No one remembers that promise just like the contract with america and what happen to Speaker Gingrich, voted out the following year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1