Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Info on ebay that you do not want to purchase

Florida123

I purchased this info off ebay just to see what it said. The info is not up-to-date.

IRAQI DINARS ~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ FIRST BEFORE YOU BUY

Aj Santiago [israels21@yahoo.com]

Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:44 PM

To:

Thank you for your quick payment!! Here Is your information on iraqi dinars. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will be happy to answer them. Hope this information helps.

Overview

Even if the iraqi dinar gains value, it will be demonetized and new currency will be issued. of course there will be another grace period for turn-ins, but being in the united states where will you exchange a heap of iraqi cash? and even if you do manage to exchange them, (at an extremely well-stocked airport kiosk?), your "old" iraqi dinars would be converted to the "new" ones- they won't keep their old values, and you won't be rich.

for example....does anybody ever go to mexico? try converting an older 1000-peso note at the current exchange rates. won't happen! don't be fooled. these new notes are nothing more than inflation notes. does anybody remember the million/billion/trillion-mark notes of germany before wwII? they're pretty much worthless.

if iraqi notes were truly going to make you money, do you really think that the thousands of currency dealers would be so over-eager to sell them? the majority of these bills are coming out of cash-strapped dealers in lebanon and jordan. think about it...

A number of people have begun touting so-called "investment" opportunities in the Iraq Dinar as a "sure way" to make a lot of money with little or no risk. Many of our clients have asked our opinion on the legitimacy of this.

Is "investing" in the Iraq Dinar a sure way to profit? We don't think so. In our opinion, buying the Iraq Dinar is a high risk investment with a poor outlook.

A Little History

The official rate of the old Iraq Dinar, $3.22 USD (U.S. Dollars), was set in 1982 by Saddam Hussein. The old Iraq Dinar could not be freely traded, so this rate was never tested or upheld on the world market.

The current Iraq Dinar (IQD) was introduced between October 2003 and January 2004 by the Coalition Provisional Authority in close consultation with financial experts from Iraq and the international community. The IQD is currently valued at a little less than seven hundredths of a US cent. (1 USD = 1460 IQD). The old "Saddam" Dinar has no current value and is worth only what a collector is willing to pay for it.

What's Happening Now?

The IQD is not freely traded, and is not being used in any significant international transactions. We are unaware of any official bank or foreign exchange office outside of the middle east that will exchange the IQD.

The IQD trades on a very small, tightly controlled exchange. The total volume of IQD traded by the Central Bank of Iraq is in the thousands of dollars, compared to the $1,900 billion dollars traded on the Foreign exchange market every day. This small number of trades makes the IQD's value effectively immaterial.

The Central Bank of Iraq's stated objective is not to promote the free trade of IQD, as is the case in a true free market economy, but rather to keep the value of the IQD stable. The only way the Bank can ensure the semblance of stability is by tightly controlling the exchange of IQD on the market, and by ensuring that the currency cannot freely trade on the open market. They evidently fear that open trading of the IQD would lead to a rout in which the value of the IQD would sink to practically nothing.

Consider the situation. Why tightly control the trading of the IQD if it is likely to appreciate in value? If the value of the IQD were to surge, this could be held out as evidence of a surge of confidence in Iraq's economy. So why not open the IQD to free trading? Why would this be done unless the Iraqi Central Bank itself feels that the IQD would decline in value in a free market?

A Snapshot of Iraq Today

The current situation in Iraq is pretty grim:

Over a decade of international economic sanctions and a devastating war has left the infrastructure in tatters

$125 billion of external debt

Millions of dollars in post-war debt

No stable government

Insurgency steadily on the rise

Oil facilities and pipelines are sabotaged regularly

Many (including the former Prime Minister of Iraq) predict out-and-out civil war

These aren't the kind of conditions typically conducive to the creation of booming economies. More to the point -- a 450,000% increase in the value of the IQD (as predicted by some of its promoters) seems ridiculous in the face of these challenges.

But Surely There's Oil Under Those Dunes?

A lot of the hype over the IQD centers around Iraq's vast oil reserves and their supposed economic value. The oil market is extremely unpredictable. An economy based on oil alone (oil makes up 95% of Iraq's foreign exchange earnings), will mirror that unpredictability. Let's look at a real-world example: Venezuela.

Oil accounts for 80% of Venezuela's national exports and 50% of its government revenues. The country is one of the world's top five oil producers. In the last four years, Venezuela has experienced intense political instability, including an oil strike and an attempted coup d'

I think everyone of us in this investment realize it is highly speculative and there is a possibility we will not make money. Having said that, I also believe that everyone of us feel the possibility is greater that we will make money. I know we all hope and pray we will. We know it is risky, but we are willing to take the risk. I read many, many negative reports and comments about the dinar before I invested and well, here I am. Thank you for your post. No harm in being reminded.

well you florida123 should be given some kind of award for most negative post of the year. even though what was posted here is what i would call the flip side of iqd coin, it isnt worth wasting your breath to give all the examples to prove that whoever wrote this will be kicking himself in the *** for a lifetime when this rvs and makes millionaires...i would like to be their to see the expression on his face when this rvs and this guy says to himself ...yea ive been told it is better to be a blind eyed optimist than a doomsday profit...why didnt I listen...he will not get a second chance at something like this that truly occurs once in lifetime

I wonder how much this cost to get this info? Just like anything else, there are varied opinions and some of his info is either wrong or he has super secret knowledge no one else does ...

1. Oil pipelines sabotaged regularly? Haven't hear that going on recently.

2. Fails to mention the progress made in removing international sanctions

3. Fails to mention the "fogiveness" of ALOT of debt

Well, you get the idea. While I welcome other's opinions for my own interpretation, I think this is nothing more than a way for a guy to make a buck by selling "information" that is readily available for free.

Hang in there everyone :)

Man is this guy is living in the past. If he wants to sell this kind of stuff on ebay he needs to do some current research. Hope you left him negative feedback lol. He also states that the Venezuelan Bolivar is only worth a third of the US dollar. According to alot of the posts i have read on here there are plenty of us who would be very satisfied with a .33 cent RV. I know i would, but always hoping for more.