Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

House Forms Committee on Rupiah Redenomination

boomer113189

6 - 26 - 2013

redenominasi.jpg

Legislators at the House of Representatives have finally agreed to form a special committee (Pansus) to discuss a draft bill on on the redenomination of the rupiah.

The decision to do so was announced during a plenary session (rapat paripurna)at the House Secretariat in Jakarta, Tuesday.

According to Taufik Kurniawan, Deputy Speaker of the House, the decision to form the committee was a response to the Government’s initiative for a draft bill.

The Pansus will discuss the proposal to reduce the rupiah’s nominal face value into a smaller denomination without changing its exchange rate.

Taufik explained that the Pansus consists of 30 members from nine factions of the House. He further noted that the election of the chairman will be held in the near future.

The Democratic Party, which holds the majority of seats in the Parliament, will delegate eight legislators. They are Andi Rahmat, Supomo, I Wayan Sugiana, Vera Febyanthy, Saidi Butar Butar, Amin Antono, Ahmad Mustain Syafi'ie and Paiman

The Functional Group Party (Golkar), as the second largest faction in the House, will be represented by Ebrown Lubuk, Emil Abeng, Dito Ganinduto, Kamaruddin Sjam, A Edwin Kawilarang and Edison Betaubun.

The third largest faction in the House, the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDIP), will be represented by Isma Yatun, Arif Budimanta, Dolfie OF Pailit, I G Agung Rai Wirajaya and Heri Akhmadi

Other legislators for Pansus will be selected from medium-sized factions, namely the Prosperous Justice Party or PKS (Ecky Awal Mucharam, Zulkieflimansyah and Memed Sosiawan), the National Mandate Party or PAN ( Ismeth Ahmad and Muhammad Hatta), the United Development Party or PPP (Mustofa Assegaf and Zaini Rahman), and the National Awakening Party or PKB (Anna Mu'awanah and Jazilul Fawaidh).

The remaining Pansus’ seats will be filled by the small factions, namely the Great Indonesia Movement Party (Gerindra) and the People’s Conscience Party (Hanura), which will each respectively be represented by Sadar Subagyo and Nurdin Tampubolon.

http://goo.gl/AuPYS

I'm reading a book written by a foreign currency expert with my morning beer.

Clum down, eh???

Sandfly u rock buddy!!!!

Maybe we'll get an rv next June? So many guaranteed an rv for this month. What a bunch of clowns.

• Upvote 1

I'm reading a book written by a foreign currency expert with my morning beer.

Clum down, eh???

Sandfly u rock buddy!!!!

Maybe we'll get an rv next June? So many guaranteed an rv for this month. What a bunch of clowns.

A bit pissy today fib.....hemorrhoids acting up?

• Downvote 1