Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kermit Gosnell guilty of murder in three infants’ deaths

carlablum

Jury: Kermit Gosnell guilty of murder in three infants’ deathslookout-placed-135x56_020130.jpg
blogger-goodwin-38_205852.jpeg
By Liz Goodwin, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 47 mins ago

gosnell.jpgKermit GosnellA jury has found abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell guilty of three counts of first degree murder of babies after deliberating for 10 days on the case.

Prosecutors are expected to now seek the death penalty for Gosnell.

The 72 year old was charged with killing four premature babies by severing their spinal cords after they were born alive in his Philadelphia clinic. He was acquitted of one of those charges and convicted in three. Gosnell was also found guilty in the accidental death of a patient who died after receiving an abortion, and a lethal mix of sedatives and painkillers at his clinic.

Gosnell's lawyers argued during the trial that no babies were born alive in the clinic.

A 2010 federal investigation described the West Philadelphia clinic as a filthy "house of horrors" that primarily served low-income women seeking late-term abortions. The nearly 300-page grand jury report said remains of fetuses were stored in freezers and that instruments used in abortions were contaminated with sexually transmitted diseases.

Gosnell faced hundreds of lesser charges, including employing a minor in his clinic and violating the state's 24-hour waiting period for abortions. He was also charged with performing abortions on women who were more than 24 weeks pregnant, which is illegal in the state. Gosnell's wife, a cosmetologist who helped perform the abortions, was among four of the clinic's employees who also pleaded guilty to several charges.

Earlier on Monday, the jury said they were deadlocked on two of the charges against Gosnell. They resumed deliberating and reached a decision early afternoon. CNN reported that the prosecutor in the case cried when the verdict was read Monday afternoon.

The trial has stoked debate over late -term abortions in the country. Pro-abortion rights groups say Gosnell was an outlier breaking numerous laws and regulations, while the anti-abortion rights movement has used the case to advocate for more state-level abortion restrictions.

“The greatest tragedy is that Kermit Gosnell is not alone. Exploitation of women and complete disregard for their health and well-being are problems endemic to the entire abortion industry,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the anti-abortion group SBA-List, in a statement.

Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said Gosnell will "get what he deserves" now that he's been found guilty.

"Now, let's make sure these women are vindicated by delivering what all women deserve: Access to the full range of health services including safe, high-quality and legal abortion care,” she said in a statement.

The case revealed that abortion clinics in the state hadn't been routinely inspected in 15 years, prompting the resignation of two top health department officials.

--The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/jury-finds-kermit-gosnell-guilty-first-degree-murder-191903698.html

Apparently someone forgot about their Hippocratic Oath.

The Hippocratic Oath
(Modern Version)

I SWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation.

TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient.

I WILL FOLLOW that method of treatment which according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patient and abstain from whatever is harmful or mischievous. I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life.

WITH PURITY, HOLINESS AND BENEFICENCE I will pass my life and practice my art. Except for the prudent correction of an imminent danger, I will neither treat any patient nor carry out any research on any human being without the valid informed consent of the subject or the appropriate legal protector thereof, understanding that research must have as its purpose the furtherance of the health of that individual. Into whatever patient setting I enter, I will go for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief or corruption and further from the seduction of any patient.

WHATEVER IN CONNECTION with my professional practice or not in connection with it I may see or hear in the lives of my patients which ought not be spoken abroad, I will not divulge, reckoning that all such should be kept secret.

WHILE I CONTINUE to keep this Oath unviolated may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art and science of medicine with the blessing of the Almighty and respected by my peers and society, but should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse by my lot.

If this guy ever sees freedom again, justice is dead.

• Upvote 1

He will be judged by God. 

So so sad, those babies were alive.  They were alive in the womb and alive when they were delivered. 

MSN-Emoticon-sad-crying-025.gif                                                                                                                                                     

IMHO this is one of the most important facts in this case:

“The greatest tragedy is that Kermit Gosnell is not alone. Exploitation of women and complete disregard for their health and well-being are problems endemic to the entire abortion industry,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, the president of the anti-abortion group SBA-List, in a statement.

Had he run a Planned Parenthood sponsored clinic ...had  he been more sterile in his clinic this would NEVER have gone to trial to horrifying truth is  "partial birth abortion"   is practiced in all abortion clinics...and is the law ...I know first hand that it is offered in hospitals as well...

GOD hates the shedding of innocent blood....these children were "offered to Molech" in essence...

GOD help us as nation if we do NOT change this murder most foul....