Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqis told to turn in their 000s for lower notes.

Luigi1

You may be on to something. The post elections may be the trigger to RV. It was also just reported the smart cards were to be loaded but Maliki nixed that due to elections.

from recaps this morning.

They have loaded many of the E cards/Smart cards with pay but they have not been activated. Many have not been paid for a good while. They did just recently pay their military as they had not been pd in months. Iraq is very low on currency so they just released lower demons...they have been on TV telling people they are doing this and raising the value ...only to not do... but maybe this time they will be allowed to RV to the public.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

from recaps this morning.

They have loaded many of the E cards/Smart cards with pay but they have not been activated. Many have not been paid for a good while. They did just recently pay their military as they had not been pd in months. Iraq is very low on currency so they just released lower demons...they have been on TV telling people they are doing this and raising the value ...only to not do... but maybe this time they will be allowed to RV to the public.

I agree with your statement. I still would like to see physical proof of the coins & lower demons on the streets & in the hands of the folks. Someone with contacts over there could easy ask for a smart phone photo e-mail of the new denoms.

I agree with your statement. I still would like to see physical proof of the coins & lower demons on the streets & in the hands of the folks. Someone with contacts over there could easy ask for a smart phone photo e-mail of the new denoms.

There are no indications of price cuts on anything to adjust to the new rates as of yet. That tells me nothing has been implimented yet.

As much as I hate to admit it, there may be something to this.

If you take the CBI at their word, you see that they are thinking of changing the exchange rate from 1166 to 1000 and talking of having a 1 to 1 value of the Dinar to USD.

So, from there, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for them to "remove the 000's" by having those in country turn in their large notes for the new lower denoms.

Therefore, if they have a 25,000 note, it is exchanged for a 25 note and if the "new" value of the lower denoms is 1 to 1 to the USD it would be worth $25 USD ($21.50 if @ current .86 with 000's removed) or about $1000 per "old" million dinar, which would be a boost in value to the average Iraqui citizen and an incentive to turn in the old notes.

It was stated in the article that if an employee got one million dinar (old) it could be exchanged for 5 of the new 200's which makes sense if 1 million old dinar is to be worth $1000 USD.

The rub is how this will affect all of us dinar holders out of country because the above scenario would be a LOP with a possible tiny bump from 1166 to 1000.

IMHO, the bottom line boils down to just how educated these camel jockeys really are and who is actually in charge of this RV and stands to gain the most from it.

My guess is that there is a small group of the same players who control just about every other central bank in the world who will be the ones to have the last say on how this finally goes down and "they" don't seem to be in any hurry to make us millionaires, so we wait and speculate.

4-24-13 Guru Arthur & others...

Something is coming down the pike. This baby could pop & go public by the 1st of May.

-O to give a speach on 1 May.

-Maliki under pressure to sign Erbil.

-DFI will not be extended after 23 May.

-Iraqis told to deDollarize.

-Banks closed for 4 days now.

What is the reasoning for the banks being closed?

4-24-13 Guru Arthur & others...

Something is coming down the pike. This baby could pop & go public by the 1st of May.

-O to give a speach on 1 May.

-Maliki under pressure to sign Erbil.

-DFI will not be extended after 23 May.

-Iraqis told to deDollarize.

-Banks closed for 4 days now.

• Upvote 1

i do not understand...why mods let this on dinarvets. its not a rumor. its a new fabricated lie...every other day. i could post a thread about a lie every minute...and fill the rumor section...if thats the goal.

Back screens, countdowns, s told m, follow s, follow h, we have no choice but for a rv...and the regurgitation continues. its sick, flagrant, and morally deceptive. jmo

Dont forget to add a little prayer on top of that puke.

Perhaps you need to stay out of the Rumor Section?

-

• Upvote 2

The doors may have been closed, but banks have been working. Over 20 banks have participated each day at the auctions.

Latest update from OOM. Smart Cards loaded. Will be adjusted to the new rate. Banks to open on Saturday their Holy Day.