Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could this bit of newss-- signal that RV is coming soon?

cgbrown

Iraqi forces were on high alert in Baghdad Monday after 30 people were killed in bomb attacks on foreign embassies blamed on delays in the formation of a new government after elections a month ago.

Sorry - I'm not seeing it either. Thank you for the post - we all need to keep talking about current events and personally, reading others opinions and seeing their points of view may bring to light something I have missed, so again, thanks for your post. Have a Blessed day

Iraq on alert after deadly embassy blasts

Buzz up!0 votes Send

Email IM .Share

Facebook Twitter Delicious Digg Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks .Print .. AFP – Iraqi security forces inspect the damage outside the Iranian embassy in Baghdad, following a massive …

. Slideshow:Iraq .

Play Video Iraq Video:Iraqis count cost of embassy attacks Reuters .

Iraq Video:0405_1630_nat_baghdad Australia 7 News .

by Ammar Karim Ammar Karim – Mon Apr 5, 9:29 am ET

BAGHDAD (AFP) – Iraqi forces were on high alert in Baghdad Monday after 30 people were killed in bomb attacks on foreign embassies blamed on delays in the formation of a new government after elections a month ago.

The suicide vehicle blasts, which a minister said bore the signature of Al-Qaeda, occurred within minutes of each other Sunday.

More than 200 people were wounded in the attacks which targeted regional and European embassies in the capital.

There was a heavy security presence on Baghdad's streets, with tighter measures at traffic checkpoints, especially at the sites of the explosions near the Iranian, Egyptian and German embassies.

The attacks came as Iraq's political parties were battling to form a coalition government, with none of the four main blocs having the required seats to form a parliamentary majority on their own.

"This is a political attack, aimed at derailing the process, sending a message that the terrorists are still in business," Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told AFP.

"Because of the vacuum of forming the next government, they wanted to send that message."

In the aftermath of the blasts, sitting Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, whose coalition finished second in the March 7 elections, held a meeting with the national security council, in which unspecified measures were taken, a statement from the premier's office said.

Maliki's State of Law Alliance finished with 89 seats in the 325-member parliament, two fewer than former premier Iyad Allawi's Iraqiya bloc.

Allawi has accused Iran of seeking to prevent him becoming prime minister again by inviting all major parties except his secular bloc to Tehran.

Security officials had warned protracted coalition building could give insurgents an opportunity to further destabilise the country.

Two of the explosions were suicide attacks against the Egyptian and Iranian embassies, while a third struck an intersection near the German, Spanish and Syrian missions.

Baghdad security spokesman Major General Qassim Atta said a bomb-laden car had also been intercepted in Masbah, central Baghdad, apparently heading towards the headquarters of police tasked with diplomatic protection.

Its driver was arrested and the device was defused, he said.

Zebari said the attacks appeared to be the work of Al-Qaeda, cautioning however that this could only be confirmed once investigators completed their task.

"They bear the same marks of previous attacks, in the timing, the targeting, the simultaneous attacks on different targets in different places to have maximum impact," said the foreign minister.

Zebari was referring to co-ordinated bombings in August, October, December and January that killed more than 400 people.

In a statement, Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi called for a full review of security measures in the capital, and said an investigation was required into the continued use of a sonar bomb detector used at checkpoints across Baghdad that has been widely panned as useless.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in Berlin she was "profoundly affected" by the blasts, while the Arab League said that they sought to destabilise Iraq at a "delicate moment."

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner condemned the bombings as "barbaric".

EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton condemned the attacks, saying in a statement that it was important that Iraq's political parties and leaders "continue to strengthen Iraq's democratic institutions."

In a joint statement, US ambassador to Baghdad Christopher Hill and General Ray Odierno, the top American commander in Iraq, said they "strongly condemn" the blasts, and expressed their "solidarity with our diplomatic colleagues".

Although the frequency of attacks has dropped significantly since peaking in 2006 and 2007, figures released on Thursday showed 367 Iraqis were killed in violence last month -- the highest number this year.

Iraqi forces were on high alert in Baghdad Monday after 30 people were killed in bomb attacks on foreign embassies blamed on delays in the formation of a new government after elections a month ago.

I know where you were going with that....I can't imagine how a government can see there country being destroyed, and not do what they need to do to fix it. If all they have to do is get parliament and a pm seated it would fix things, then why wouldn't they? Right? Well, as soon as we get a Politician-to-English Translator, the world will be a better place. You would think they would want to rv, after the studies showed what the country could support, why wouldn't they? I guess we will all see their reasoning after they RV, and boy I can't wait to see that answer! Don't worry, you aren't crazy for thinking that. Cheers!

WOW, cant believe you even had to ask if this had anything to do with the RV. Would highly encourage you to come on over and experience it firsthand so there is no question in your mind. It is not RV related, it is terrorism related.

My Lt. Col. friend told me months ago and I shared it here in the forums that regardless of who was "the winner", there would be terrorist attacks for months. This is not out of the ordinary for Iraq (as sad as that is). An RV will not stop the terrorists. They are well funded as is and their "suicide bombers" only want to kill Americans and westerners trying to bring Iraq out of the stone ages.

Perhaps the violence underscores the need to resolve the election in a more rapid fashion. Too much doubt and uncertainy contributes to an unstable situation that cannot encourage the RV/RI process. It is likely that Al-Qaeda and its allies in Iran wish to aggravate the political conditions in Iraq and it seems obvious that the foreign insurgents will only be stopped when the Iraqis begin to kill them off themselves.

Nothing New! We may see a RV by the end of the year if were lucky! Hope things turn around, but if you look around doesn't look positive, Us dollar falling causeing the Canadian dollar to rise, causeing interest rates in Canada to go up, Obama anti Isreal causeing tention between the 2 countries, Soldiers dieing in vain in Afganistand for a cause the Afgan gov doesn't seem to want, how about oil prices riseing? What about Russia? I hear Russia has the biggest natural gas fields in the world and they are soon to be the biggest oil producer as the goal is not to have a arms race but to control energy, while Obama turns to green energy, there will never be enough green energy in my life or my childerns to replace the energy needs of the US or the world. I could go on and on but i hope things change because it don't look good for us average people and really is our cash safe? I have a Christain brother in the oil business and he has been buying gold and silver for the last 2 years and keeps telling me to buy as money is not safe, the rich will stay rich because of what they do with their investment. Thinking Out Load!