Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News Iraq stalemate must end soon

Bumper64

Gulf News

Published: 00:00 April 5, 2010

Political factions need to speed up talks to help form the new government

The carnage in Iraq, which left dozens killed in the past two days, should not come as a surprise to anyone. The current political turmoil is bound to allow terrorists to exploit the vacuum.

Yesterday's suicide bombings, which targeted a number of embassies, were also most probably meant to isolate Iraq, which is trying hard to assume its role in regional and international folds. The targeting of diplomats reminds us of a similar terrorist campaign in the early years of US occupation. Iraq has since come a long way.

But as political factions quarrel over election results and officials talk of long months to come of negotiations to form the new government, terrorists seize the opportunity to de-legitimise the government and the entire political process by showing the state, its military and security forces as paralysed institutions, unable to defend citizens and ensure stability.

The tragic events must prompt the main political factions to speed up talks to form the government in order to take charge of the security situation and regain the trust of the people and foreign governments which had sent envoys to Baghdad as a means to help rebuild the war-ravaged country. Terrorists must not be allowed to sabotage the political process and render futile years of efforts that helped reduce the level of violence.

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/editorials/iraq-stalemate-must-end-soon-1.607851

these people really need some healing and clarity. lets keep them in our prayers. anybody capable of bombing innocent people is not only causing suffering but is suffering tremendously themselves. make a space for them in your heart. lets bring in the Holy Light of Christ consciousness. or Bhuda or Allah or whatever name for divine love you identify with. bring in the love baby!

terrorists seize the opportunity to de-legitimise the government and the entire political process by showing the state, its military and security forces as paralysed institutions, unable to defend citizens and ensure stability. Terrorists must not be allowed to sabotage the political process and render futile years of efforts that helped reduce the level of violence

These words say it all, sad thing is all these people have know is he who wields the power is in charge, if the terrorists continue to show this the public will bend, the government needs to be formed as soon as possible and get their troops and police out there to continue on and persue these individuals with the training the US has given them, they're capable of it, they've proven that already!!

these people really need some healing and clarity. lets keep them in our prayers.

I agree. We all keep talking about ourselves and all the money we are gonna make. However, we also need to be sending healing love for all the Iraqi peopled who have been suffering for so long. When the RV happens, they will benefit too. I'm praying for the Iraqi people daily. I hope you will do the same.

I agree. We all keep talking about ourselves and all the money we are gonna make. However, we also need to be sending healing love for all the Iraqi peopled who have been suffering for so long. When the RV happens, they will benefit too. I'm praying for the Iraqi people daily. I hope you will do the same.

One thought I've had, assuming the RV is at a high 2+ level, would be to form a charitable foundation. I would like to use part of that to help out the Iraqi people. They've been through so much and it seems only fitting as the wealth is because of them and their suffering.

From my friend in Iraq ....

Jack,

Yeah, we had 3 VBIEDs in Baghdad yesterday and a few others around the country. The good news was that the federal Police stopped one and captured the bomber... a 17 yr. old kid from Mosul. His parents had reported him missing 3 months ago. He called them the day prior to the bombing and told them he was going to have dinner with "the Prophet". I got to sit in on a little of the interrogation.... he was just an average looking teenager... except that he wanted to kill Americans. He was ****** off at his handlers because they had told him his target was full of US troops... but instead it was (we think) the German Embassy.

Just another day in the City!!!!!

Is this bad to say.......

My charities will start at home. I know the Iraqi people have been through alot but they will see their way of life improve sooner than later

Can we say the same about our troops who have given them the opportunity for democracy? The same troops that have lost life and limb

Now for those of you who wish to help the Iraqi people, i wish you well

I say before we take care of others, we need to take care of OUR own

SEMPER FI

In regards to the post.....

Its time for the Iraqi Government to get it together for their people and DO what we have given them the opportunity to do

I got into this for the RV, but have since learned that theres alot more to it than just the RV

Our Brothers and Sisters did not and will not give their lives in vain

I'm tired of all their BS

GET IT DONE

Semper Fi

Is this bad to say.......

My charities will start at home. I know the Iraqi people have been through alot but they will see their way of life improve sooner than later

Can we say the same about our troops who have given them the opportunity for democracy? The same troops that have lost life and limb

Now for those of you who wish to help the Iraqi people, i wish you well

I say before we take care of others, we need to take care of OUR own

SEMPER FI

I see your point. I support our troops, and would like for them to stop dying and come home. However, our troops made a choice to go and fight over there. Our government made a choice to start a war based on a false terror threat, and imaginary WMDs, not democracy. The Iraqi people did not have a choice and they are suffering because of this war we started. Yes it's great, that they are getting democracy. But at what cost?