Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rand Paul: Can President Obama Kill Americans on American Soil With Drone Strikes?

jonjon

So basically Rand Paul is talking out his six. There is no need to conduct a drone strike in the US. Just more BS about the drone strikes. If you are afraid of a drone strike then you must be doing something you are not supposed to be doing. I don't worry one bit about drone strikes in the US because it won't happen. Instead of sticking to the current events in the US and about to cut the defense department to shreds we are talking about drone strikes. See why i say the Democrats will win the house again and get the majority in the senate because of BS like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

There is no need to conduct a drone strike in the US. Just more BS about the drone strikes. If you are afraid of a drone strike then you must be doing something you are not supposed to be doing. I don't worry one bit about drone strikes in the US because it won't happen.

Thirty thousand drones coming to the air space near you, and you say there won't be a strike? Hope you're right.

Tell me duster, what do reckon all these drones are for?

• Upvote 5

Another mis informed lib. This leaked doc. Clearly states that the president can decide if an American be killed with a drone. Asked about that and he only said I have no intention too.. fed are buying hundreds of thousands of bullits. Wanting to take our guns. First salt then guns.. dwake up. And get informed......my spelling imay be bad because small keypad on phone... Thank you..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thirty thousand drones coming to the air space near you, and you say there won't be a strike? Hope you're right.

Tell me duster, what do reckon all these drones are for?

LOL 30,000 drones Flat you must have got your numbers mixed up their isn't airspace for 30,000 drones. I don't worry about Air Strikes unless you are running drugs, making meth or something else illegal then i would worry.

Another mis informed lib. This leaked doc. Clearly states that the president can decide if an American be killed with a drone. Asked about that and he only said I have no intention too.. fed are buying hundreds of thousands of bullits. Wanting to take our guns. First salt then guns.. dwake up. And get informed......my spelling imay be bad because small keypad on phone... Thank you..

I believe an American overseas playing wanna be terrorist not in the US. Not sure which document says they want to take your guns they never said that only to intensify the background checks prior to be able to purchase a gun. if you have that article kid i would like to read it.

thanks

LOL 30,000 drones Flat you must have got your numbers mixed up their isn't airspace for 30,000 drones. I don't worry about Air Strikes unless you are running drugs, making meth or something else illegal then i would worry.

I believe an American overseas playing wanna be terrorist not in the US. Not sure which document says they want to take your guns they never said that only to intensify the background checks prior to be able to purchase a gun. if you have that article kid i would like to read it.

thanks

Oh for those with the negatives i don't mind means you read what i had to say and you did not like because it does not favor your thought process.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So your saying it would be ok to blowup a meth house in a neighbor hood?

What about collateral damage thats ok with you?

Long as its not your neighborhood right. smile.gif

They are talking about kill terrorist AMERICANS - Americans who join terrorist organizations!

Yes, drones may be used for observations or even strikes in isolated areas of the country against terrorist groups.

I hope they start using them along the borders to kill drug dealers too.

WOW Please do not turn this into a wide spread rumor about drones filling the airways hurting down average americans! LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow.....I worry about your mental health.....Do you own any fire arms? ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

FAA: Look For 30,000 Drones To Fill American Skies By The End Of The Decade

Link

They are talking about kill terrorist AMERICANS - Americans who join terrorist organizations!

Yes, drones may be used for observations or even strikes in isolated areas of the country against terrorist groups.

I hope they start using them along the borders to kill drug dealers too.

WOW Please do not turn this into a wide spread rumor about drones filling the airways hurting down average americans! LOL

Since when do we need to bomb a terrorist or a drug dealer for that matter. Dont we have the ability anymore to go in and take them out with police inforcement. Again what if you live right next to said drug dealer or terrorist. It`s ok if you get blowed up with them.

- Drone manufacturers target rising Gulf Arab demand

Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Reuters

By Raissa Kasolowsky and Stanley Carvalho

ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Global demand for drone aircraft is especially strong in Gulf Arab states worried about regional instability, industry executives said on Monday, as a big U.S. manufacturer unveiled the first sale of an unarmed Predator to the Middle East.

Controversy over the legality of attacks by missile-firing drones will not dampen the volatile region's enthusiasm for the technology, in part because export curbs mean most equipment sold will be for use only in reconnaissance, experts say.

Sello Ntsihlele, executive manager for UAVs at Denel Dynamics, a division of state-owned Denel, South Africa's biggest maker of defense equipment, told Reuters this was "the best time" for unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) sales.

"Demand is growing fast in developing countries, in the Middle East, the Far East and Africa. The Gulf is critical in all this," he said on the sidelines of the biennial International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX) in Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

"I can't be specific but all countries in the Arabian Gulf are talking to us," he said, adding that Denel's UAV sales had risen around 20 percent in the last four years, driven mostly by the Middle East.

UAE DEAL

The company had received up to double the number of inquiries from prospective clients than at the same conference two years ago, Ntsihlele said.

At IDEX on Monday, the United Arab Emirates announced a deal to buy an unspecified number of Predator drones from the privately-owned U.S. firm General Atomics in a deal worth 722 million dirhams ($196.57 million).

Also on Monday, Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments (ADASI), a subsidiary of state-owned investment firm Tawazun Holding, said it had signed an agreement with Boeing Co for ADASI to "provide training, support and marketing services" for Boeing unmanned aircraft systems in the UAE.

Frank Pace, president at General Atomics Aeronautical, said his firm's sales had risen by about 120 percent over the last five years, though until now it had not been able to sell to the Middle East due to tight export restrictions.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia are among several states, according to diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks, that have asked U.S. officials to buy armed drones but which have been rebuffed.

Washington says its commitments to the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), a non-binding international agreement designed to limit the spread of long-range precision weaponry, restrict drone exports.

Thomas Kelly, principal deputy assistant secretary at the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, told reporters at IDEX that "caution" was Washington's point of departure on drone sales.

"We're not pushing armed systems right now to other countries. We understand there's a lot of interest in UAVs internationally ... (but) in terms of armed UAVs I think the administration is going to take its time to make sure that we have a policy that we're comfortable with."

General Atomics' export-variant Predator will have no "hard points" to attach missiles and would be deliberately engineered to make adding new weaponry impossible, the firm said last year.

Pace said he hoped the company would get approval to sell to more countries, especially in the Middle Eastern market, where he saw great potential. "We are talking to all of the Gulf (Arab) countries," he said.

KEEPING TABS "VERY IMPORTANT"

Sales are growing in the Middle East because having developed surveillance systems is fast becoming a requirement for all states, said Theodore Karasik, director of research at the Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis.

"The region is still unstable, there are state actors and non-state actors that want to cause trouble, and being able to keep tabs on what's happening is very important."

The oil-rich, sparsely-populated Gulf Arab states are alarmed at the civil war in Syria, and want to ensure that popular uprisings in North Africa do not stir dissent at home.

The intentions of regional rival Iran, locked in a dispute with major powers over its nuclear program, are a perennial concern for the Gulf region's hereditary ruling families.

Controversy over the legality of drone strikes would have little impact on global appetite for UAVs, Karasik said.

"Don't forget the debate over UAVs is concentrated in the United States. Countries that want that capabililty over here will make their own decisions," he added.

The U.S. government has dramatically increased its use of drone aircraft abroad in recent years to target al Qaeda figures in far-flung places from Pakistan to Yemen. Britain and Israel have also carried out such attacks, and dozens more states are believed to possess the technology.

Targeted killings carried out by remotely piloted unmanned aircraft are controversial because of the risks to nearby civilians and because of their increasing frequency.

General Atomics' Pace said, however, that he didn't expect the controversy to have much impact on sales.

Missiles are "not a significant function of the aircraft and most of the people that are buying (are buying) for ISR and are going to keep buying," he said, referring to intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.

The surge in drone use has stirred debate in the United States about the transparency of lethal strikes and the powers of the president to order attacks on U.S. citizens overseas. A 2011 strike killed U.S.-born Anwar al-Awlaki, a recruiter and propagandist for al Qaeda's Yemen-based affiliate.

Pace said unmanned aircraft would have to be used responsibly, but that ultimately they would help to save lives compared to some of the older systems. ($1 = 3.6730 UAE dirhams)

(Additional reporting by Mahmoud Habboush and Praveen Menon, Editing by William Maclean and Mark Heinrich) http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/national/general-news---drone-manufacturers-target-rising-gulf-arab/article_c76c09c6-9fc2-565c-8fd0-f8c9224de648.html

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TPSprayduster...

to me sir mis imformed he states to ban all assault weapons. again upto to his definition. any weapon that looks threating come on dude wake up.. my 9mm pistol looks threating.

In tonight’s presidential debate, President Obama answered a question about “keeping AK-47′s out of the hands of criminals” by pledging his support for an assault weapons ban. Although he parried Governor Romney’s opposition to the ban by paraphrasing the old anti-Kerry slam—”Governor Romney was for an assault weapon’s ban before he was against it”—the damage is done. In a single stroke the President completely alienated pro-gun independents. Obama’s support for new gun control move may not decide the election. Then again it might.

President Obama’s position was that we need to start by enforcing the laws that are on the books, but he clearly favored enacting a new assault weapons ban. His opinion is that “Weapons that were designed for soldiers, in war theaters, don’t belong on our streets.”

• Upvote 1

Wow.....I worry about your mental health.....Do you own any fire arms? ;)/>

yes i do

Former DEA Head Says CIA Smuggled Drugs Into the USA

Just imagine, the CIA using drones on themselves.

I don't imagine

TPSprayduster...

to me sir mis imformed he states to ban all assault weapons. again upto to his definition. any weapon that looks threating come on dude wake up.. my 9mm pistol looks threating.

In tonight’s presidential debate, President Obama answered a question about “keeping AK-47′s out of the hands of criminals” by pledging his support for an assault weapons ban. Although he parried Governor Romney’s opposition to the ban by paraphrasing the old anti-Kerry slam—”Governor Romney was for an assault weapon’s ban before he was against it”—the damage is done. In a single stroke the President completely alienated pro-gun independents. Obama’s support for new gun control move may not decide the election. Then again it might.

President Obama’s position was that we need to start by enforcing the laws that are on the books, but he clearly favored enacting a new assault weapons ban. His opinion is that “Weapons that were designed for soldiers, in war theaters, don’t belong on our streets.”

Assault wpns ok so they are not taking all the guns just making it harder to get. So when you go to a gun show you have to do the background check if it has issues no gun. Never took them just didn't pass the background check. Not sure where you are getting taking the guns away just making it harder to get. So those who are funneling the wpns to those on the streets the heat will be on them. So trying to convince me he is taking the guns is not true just making it harder to get. Still looking for the article stating they are going to take the guns away.

• Downvote 2

TP, don't be worrying about all this. These are people discussing remaining free as a country. You have already voiced your opinion that you don't want to live in a free country so back away. We plan to keep it free even if you don't like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Assault wpns ok so they are not taking all the guns just making it harder to get. So when you go to a gun show you have to do the background check if it has issues no gun. Never took them just didn't pass the background check. Not sure where you are getting taking the guns away just making it harder to get. So those who are funneling the wpns to those on the streets the heat will be on them. So trying to convince me he is taking the guns is not true just making it harder to get. Still looking for the article stating they are going to take the guns away.

TPS when was the last time you went to a Gun show and experience the purchasing of a Gun? Maybe I should ask have you Ever!!!

TPS when was the last time you went to a Gun show and experience the purchasing of a Gun? Maybe I should ask have you Ever!!!

never have bought mine at Walmart. Had to do the background check, but now since they are making it mandatory at gun shows too everyone is mad. No Jon every thinks they are not free but if they lived in a REAL oppressed country then they would think different. Not going to back away, your opinion is not the only one out their sir. To get back on the subject of drones there will never be a strike on US soil unless it is a sleep cell that has to be eliminated.

• Upvote 1