Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News Realistic Exchange Rate Range for an IQD ReValuation --- ENJOY & REJOICE...!

ronscarpa

I've only been in the dinar world since December but already I find myself not reading things that are more than a few sentences. I use to read these things till 2:00am, I couldn't get enough. Now I have the attention span of a 5 year old, need other people to break things down for me, pictures and stick figures would help :)

Good find

I've only been in the dinar world since December but already I find myself not reading things that are more than a few sentences. I use to read these things till 2:00am, I couldn't get enough. Now I have the attention span of a 5 year old, need other people to break things down for me, pictures and stick figures would help :)

Good find

Mongo is my favorite too!

Good find

Now thats funny...I totally agree!!!!...lol

This is not a joke, can anyone explain this?

http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd-converter

Calculating..1 USD = 59236.00 IQD

1 USD = 59236.00 IQD 1 IQD = 0.00 USD

Somehow, I think this is someone playing a joke for April Fools Day. JMO

The Euro to IQD is 1 Euro = 1574 IQD, the same rate as before.

RON ;)

This is not a joke, can anyone explain this?

http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd-converter

Calculating..1 USD = 59236.00 IQD

1 USD = 59236.00 IQD 1 IQD = 0.00 USD

Something interesting...!!!

If you divide the 59,236 by 25,000 (large note) you will get 2.36944

and I had posted that I thought the IQD might RV at 2.47 to 2.65 - Who knows...!

Did someone goof???

RON ;)

Something interesting...!!!

If you divide the 59,236 by 25,000 (large note) you will get 2.36944

and I had posted that I thought the IQD might RV at 2.47 to 2.65 - Who knows...!

Did someone goof???

RON ;)

Not quite...1000000 dinars, at that rate would equal $16.88 USD. Let's hope its a glitch!

So was your post. Thanks as always Scott. I guess this answers my PM to you on this subject. You're the man!

Kent

Kent...sorry for the delayed response; I've been a little busy at work lately. I just noticed your PM late last night (Baghdad time), but it wouldn't let me responed to it...strange.

Thanks for your post here...that goes for ronscarpa as well. I do have a little tidbit to add though. As you have already noticed, this MOP site has some newly added information in it. At the very least it got a "face lift". When I first saw this site back in November 2009 it did not have the same layout that it does now. Nor did it mention anything about using a "lower rate" instead of the "official rate". I wish I could prove that with a printout and scan...but I don't have it. I'm running completely off of memory because I remember reading this site in depth. My only conclusion is that information has been added either because it was accidentally left out of the original, or, they are updating periodically. The latter would make perfect since to me if it weren't for the fact that the "official rate" noted on the site has never changed and that it still refers to Saddam's set exchange rate. Not to mention the preceeding website still shows the last update as being 1990. You would think that as they update this information that they would at least update the "revision date"...but hey...we are talking about Iraq here...lol!

Hi Everyone,

Here's a critical link (I haven't seen it before) that will give you an idea of where the Iraqi Dinar will revalue (RV) at - it's from the Iraqi Ministry of Finance & Planning, and was completed in 2008. With current circumstances and economic pressures it should be higher than the low rate identified in the report:

http://www.mop-iraq.org/mopdc/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&pid=295&lng=en

Paste it in your browser...!

God bless you,

RON ;)

Ron, the MOP report should be posted monthly. I know it has been mentioned over and over and the link has been on before but seems people forget it or miss it. At any rate it would certainly help new members.:bow:

Ron, the MOP report should be posted monthly. I know it has been mentioned over and over and the link has been on before but seems people forget it or miss it. At any rate it would certainly help new members.:bow:

That's not a bad idea...this will also allow older members to keep an eye on any changes. Thanks for bringing it up!

Kent...sorry for the delayed response; I've been a little busy at work lately. I just noticed your PM late last night (Baghdad time), but it wouldn't let me responed to it...strange.

Thanks for your post here...that goes for ronscarpa as well. I do have a little tidbit to add though. As you have already noticed, this MOP site has some newly added information in it. At the very least it got a "face lift". When I first saw this site back in November 2009 it did not have the same layout that it does now. Nor did it mention anything about using a "lower rate" instead of the "official rate". I wish I could prove that with a printout and scan...but I don't have it. I'm running completely off of memory because I remember reading this site in depth. My only conclusion is that information has been added either because it was accidentally left out of the original, or, they are updating periodically. The latter would make perfect since to me if it weren't for the fact that the "official rate" noted on the site has never changed and that it still refers to Saddam's set exchange rate. Not to mention the preceeding website still shows the last update as being 1990. You would think that as they update this information that they would at least update the "revision date"...but hey...we are talking about Iraq here...lol!

Thank you ScottIraq04 - You're a blessing...!

RON ;)

I believe the RV at $1.134 is a reasonable starting point. Adam's CBI contact had said a while ago that they(perhaps the CBI) would offer a better rate if Adam/Dinarvets brings in a group of investors, they would offer a better or prefered rate for those that would invest with CBI. I think Adam's contact was talking T Bills in Iraq. In the middle east Arab society has operated on a barter system for centuries, we are talking here about another popular Arab business technique...Baksheesh! Pure and simple bribery, I will do something for you but what's in it for me.

The fellows at the CBI will give us a preferential rate if we invest in treasury bills through them! It is a way to keep our money in their bank and in Iraq. It will be interesting to see what kind of "preferential" rate they offer and what kind of terms they set for length of the T Bill contracts.

This little Baksheesh deal could be very attractive as Adam's contact did say to Adam that they(Dinarvets investors) should not take the "lower rate"!