Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM A COP

UNEEK

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM A COP -- THE CONCERNS ARE VERY REAL -

If you are interested in this article, and I hope you are -- please read all the way to the end so as to know the author. This is not written by me. I received it from a friend that does CC classes and works closely with Law Enforcement – He is also an elected official at present - I took my CC Class from him - I feel it speaks volumes about our safety - security -- and an urgency to PLAN - PREPARE - PROTECT -- and PRAY UNEEK

Disclaimer: This is not intended to be political; rather the observation of a veteran police officer, and is forwarded for information only to this group of current and former law enforcement professionals.

Note From a Cop

The fear on the street is palpable. Ever since the election of Barack Obama President of these United States in November 2008, coupled with the election of a democrat party majority in both the U.S. House and Senate, concern for the United States and personal safety has ignited like a fire in dry grass.

Sales of guns – black guns, rifles, shotguns and handguns (particularly 9mm) everywhere, have gone through the roof. AR15s have literally flown off of dealer shelves, and only now in the spring of 2009, have I seen the display samples of ARs begin to reappear on the wall of my favorite shooting emporium after the initial post election rush.

Manufacturers of ARs are still working to catch up and some of the major suppliers are as much as 150,000 guns behind. Not only that, ammo is in the shortest supply I have ever seen in the 43 years of my shooting life. Have you recently tried to get 5.56mm, 9mm or even 380 ammo?

Supplies of 5.56mm and 9mm ammo are in short supply due to the black gun buying craze; .380ACP because of the rise in people getting concealed carry permits and the resurgence of interest in convenient 380 handguns like the fine Ruger LCP.

In fact, in doing a review of the Ruger LCP, my gun store only had a small supply of ONE .380 round on hand, the Winchesters 95-grain SXT, which they had just gotten in. Unfortunately, I had to do a 30-round review of that pistol. There was none other to be found.

The 5.56mm was the first caliber to noticeably be in short supply. This was first due to the war effort, the headlong adoption of 5.56mm rifles by law enforcement agencies ever since the great LAPD bank robbery and shootout, the general shooting public interest in and acceptance of the AR15 weapons system along with a realization that yes, the AR does have sporting purpose, and of course now, this new fear that is on the street. Sales of ARs also went up following 9/11.

What is odd about this new fear is that it is not coming from the average citizen gun owner out there, but it is coming from what to me is an almost shocking source: street cops.

Street cops and SWAT cops that I know from various agencies – rural, suburban and metro – in my area are scared. Cops that before November 2008 never gave much thought (that I knew of anyway) to politics or more importantly to gun rights.

For the most part, these are the guys that didn’t generally have any interest in shooting or gun ownership beyond keeping track of where their duty gun is, and a few of them didn’t even do that so well.

The guys I am talking about now are some of the same guys who used to not even carry off duty on a regular basis- but not anymore. They don’t scare easily, defenders of the Constitution of this State and the United States (as our oath of office reads), have been buying ARs, survival gear, and all the ammo they can lay their hands on.

All of them (or I should say “us”) have been discussing and have been acquiring guns to provide a layered perimeter defense.

We want something in ..308 (or in my case a superb M1 Garand in .30-06) for covering the outer perimeters, 5.56mm weapons for mid-range use (for some with more limited funds, the AK-47 and 7.62×39 cartridge will suffice), and for the close up stuff shotguns and handguns (love my Benelli M4 Tactical and Beretta 92 9mm).

What are we suddenly so afraid of? Well in our discussions it seems to boildown to four areas.

First, fear of federal government intrusion into our lives. Every time I look at or listen to the news, there is something new and intrusive coming out of the Obama administration and this Congress.

New tax schemes, government-run Canadian-style healthcare, a volunteer citizen defense force (whatever that is, what happened to the National Guard?) equipped with funding similar to our military, forced voluntary “service” after retirement, a lack of a southern border with hordes of illegal and criminal aliens pouring over our border, the swine flu scare as well as government forced closing of thousands of privately held Chrysler and GM dealerships, which will be the final nail in the coffin for these companies and the list goes on and on.

But these items in the news are just the tip of the iceberg. We can’t see the full impact of these actions yet, but we don’t know what was added into the thousand of pages of stimulus package bills in the dead of night yet.

I predict however that when the plans contained in the stimulus packages go into effect, a lot of us are going to be surprised if not shocked by what has suddenly and sweepingly changed.

What also scares us is the second, well-founded fear that there is an assault weapons ban looming, one that would make the Clinton Ban appear like a look of disdain in comparison. I remember well the 1990s and the Clinton years: the rise of militia groups, the “black helicopter” rumors and paranoia, all of which was motivated by the Brady Law and the Assault Weapon’s ban. What if a new ban comes requiring registration or confiscation and turn-in of banned weapons as what happened in Australia?

I watched cops and citizens alike purchase these guns at $900 dollars and more, with custom or tricked out guns easily running into the $2,000 range. Then add on all the accessories, red dots, lights, slings and anything else you can name and you may have up to $3,000 wrapped up in your rig. I saw the looks in their eyes.

These purchasers weren’t spending this kind of money just to turn in the guns for no compensation when a government tells them to. I foresee much civil disobedience coming down the road.

Americans are citizens, and not subjects like the British, Canadians or Australians. They just don’t always obey the law blindly and not one officer or citizen that I spoke to said anything like “I hope I get to keep this gun for awhile before they are banned;

They are fun to shoot, so I would hate to give it up.” It isn’t going to happen, so the cop on the street and the soldier on the base needs to think now what he will do if the orders come down… I think you all get what I am saying here.

Which leads me to the third fear, that there is a revolution coming, yes, a revolution on the scale of the original American Revolution. You can hear this topic discussed on many of the talk radio shows by even the big name hosts.

The possibility of an armed revolution against the U.S. government is being discussed, albeit very gingerly and fleetingly and as something to be avoided, which it is. I never heard this mentioned in the 90s.

One of my quietest, low profile officer friends brought it up the other day. He said that at some point in the near future, he felt there is going to be an armed revolt if things keep going the way they are. Something has got to give. I was shocked.

Yes, I had heard this from some of my more radical cop friends in the past, but to hear it from a guy like this was unprecedented. Now, these guys are not saying this will happen to foment revolution, preach sedition or to even participate

They just want to be ready if it happens, to at least defend their families, because number four on the fear list is general societal chaos.

Cops fear for their parents, wives, children or grandchildren more now than ever before. Most cops are encouraging their spouses and loved ones to get concealed carry permits. Not only that, but some of these same cops are buying gun mounts for their personal cars so they can carry an AR in the family ride at the ready all the time.

They are also strapping on heavier forms of off-duty hardware. I have other friends that are issued ARs or subguns for tactical team use, who always have their gear with them and are planning on just commandeering these weapons for personal use in defending hearth and home.

Final Notes

This is pretty heady and maybe even dangerous stuff. Know fully that I am not advocating anything here. I am reflecting to you what I see and hear going on around me, and maybe saying things that haven’t been said in the open, until now. It is something to think about.

Written By; Scott Wagner is a Police Academy Commander and Professor at

Columbus State Community College in Columbus Ohio, and Commander of the 727

Counter Terror Training Unit. A 29 year law enforcement veteran, and

current Deputy Sheriff, he is the Precision Marksman for the Union County

Sheriff’s Office SRT Team.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

This is funny. Not really, but a year ago a friend of mine and I were talking about this same subject. It got rather heated actually. I told him there will be a revolution. Don't know when, but it's comin. He says there won't be a revolution for another 50yrs. Right then I got up and left. I will not argue with someone who has obviously got his head so deep in the sand that he can't even hear what the heck is goin on. Even though he knows how to hunt, trap, fish, and grow food I believe he is one of the walking dead. Do to unpreparedness. I just shake my head in sorrow for this guy, cause he will not listen. Too stubborn, and thinks cause he watches the news everyday he knows what's going on. I don't want to tell him I told you so. I'm going to print this out, and let him read it. I hope he wakes up.

Hey Rayzur & Desimo thanks for your comments - much appreciated finally got some fresh ammo here (+ pluses) lol

I am getting another article ready to post -- It was on the Drudge report just a couple days ago -- I was shocked - Churches are now giving Carry/Conceal Classes - a big write up about church in Ohio and another in Lexington North Carolina - which is close to me !! Never thought I would see the day !!!!! Never would have thought it !!!!

When I took my class the film we watched was a real wake up call for me - I have been robbed at work and my house has been broken into - but no confrontation thank goodness --

Not sure I could really shoot anyone - but I do remember being so scared I sat up in my bed all night with the loaded gun in my hand -- That night was probably 15 yrs ago and I have changed a lot since then so I am just not sure what I would really really do - I know that deep down in my heart I would not want to shoot anyone - but I just might if they intended harm to my family - (daughter & 2 grand daughters) and some will laugh but my dogs -- you better NOT mess with my girls!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This is currently on drudge http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/11/30/city-attorney-tells-san-bernardino-residents-to-lock-their-doors-load-their-guns-because-of-police-downsizing/

This is an email I just recieved from a very good friend who is a victim of the federal government. He has 4 dependants and was lawfully trying to provide for his family conducting small business from his home through selling nutritional supplements from his website. One of those supplements mma he had bottled and sold. He contactacted the fda to make sure that what he was doing was legal, and that they had no objection. They responded by not contacting him but placing gps devices on he, and his girlfriends vehicle. They did this unbeknownst to him for 6 month before his home, and business were invaded by agents of the fda. everything he owned was confiscated, his money, dinar, and bellongings. Their response to his query was to destroy his life without warning. He no longer has a source of income and is trying to get back on his feet. He and his family are living in destitution and here is an email I just recieved from him.

Dear Friends and Family, here is a list of items we are still looking for to outfit the house we were recently blessed with. We are keeping an eye on Craigslist. Not looking for anything new or anyone to spend any money ... Just hoping we'll find stuff that is already allocated for donation or giveaway. Thank you for keeping an eye/ear out! Love, D&K and family.

> Couch or futon

> Living room chair (seating)

> Christmas tree stand

> Dining room table and four chairs

> Dresser

> Computer desk

> Cast iron or stainless steel frying pan, sauce pan, large soup pan

> Silverware

> Christmas lights

> Kitchen rug

> Queen bed sheets

> Twin bed

> Drinking glasses

> Collander

> Miscellaneous kitchen equipment (peeler, knives, serving spoons, etc.)

> Cutting board

here is a prior email I recently recieved.

This is exactly what they did at three locations, including our home, on the morning of June 29, 2011. Every agent involved in the raid was a willingly participant to an ignorant act of treason to American justice and freedom secured by the lives of honorable men and women before them, and the Constitution for The Unites States of America. The orders came from men sitting at desks in Washington who hold titles of nobility from the Crown and have made a life long profession of perverting the laws of America for US corporate gain and federal takeover. Sadly, Washington DC is the scourge of this once great land, filled with men who have sold their souls for money and power, and having lost all sense or morality and natural law. Sadder still are the governing bodies of each state of the Union who have lost their independent national status by dispensing the rights, freedoms, and labors of their countrymen, all in exchange for federal handouts from an elite and non-Federal banking cartel. This isn't America anymore, Dorothy. Just watch the video...

On Nov 24, 2012, at 11:23 AM,

Date: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 7:01 AM

Amazing to see the power of the Federal Government against innocent people - shocking....

Rampant INjustice

Youtube of the raid.

http://www.saveamericafoundation.com/2012/11/06/fuhrer-eric-holder-and-dictator-obamas-gestapo-tactics-must-be-stopped-by-fred-brownbill/

Articles on the Bogus Raid

It is unconscionable what the federal Government has perpetrated on my friend. They acted towards him as though he had no rights whatsoever. These are people who delight in the misery, and terror they are inflicting on their victims. This IS the America we live in today. This isn't fiction, it is real and it happened to one of my best friends.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 1

Cranster.... I have all of the above and then some which your friend can gladly have. Here is the caveat:

The dining room table and chairs are at my other house in the wine valley 2 hours north. At this house I am 5 to 6 hours north of LA (depending upon how fast you drive smile.gif). I don't plan on heading down that way anytime soon, and even so, it would be too much/big for any of my vehicles to haul. Fed-Ex is out of the question... though I would point out that that is how my uncle moved from New York to LA.... including his furniture... Not real practical that guy.. lol

Have you guys talked about transporting this stuff at all, or are you hoping for local stuff? If you want to email me, please feel free and we'll see if we can coordinate something. And if he wants to make a more complete list, go for it, and I'd be happy to look at that as well (please tell me he needs at least 2 televisions). I've reached a place in my life wherein I am insisting if you come to visit, you simply must take home at least one piece of furniture, and 3 large boxes of stuff and if you try to escape without doing so, i'll UPS to you laugh.giflaugh.gif

So it woudl be great to give stuff to someone who needs it.

BTW, what does the San Berenadino story (link at the beginning) have to do with this? I couldn't connect that piece to this... except if that is where he is, that is a bit further out there in east jayzus... smile.gif

PS I can't even begin to imagine why your friend contacted the FDA and asked them anything... let alone their opinion on selling something they don't regulate (most alternative medicine)... That's kind of like asking the devil what he thinks about your new effective approach to bringing people to salvation....

• Upvote 2

Hey Rayzur & Desimo thanks for your comments - much appreciated finally got some fresh ammo here (+ pluses) lol

I am getting another article ready to post -- It was on the Drudge report just a couple days ago -- I was shocked - Churches are now giving Carry/Conceal Classes - a big write up about church in Ohio and another in Lexington North Carolina - which is close to me !! Never thought I would see the day !!!!! Never would have thought it !!!!

When I took my class the film we watched was a real wake up call for me - I have been robbed at work and my house has been broken into - but no confrontation thank goodness --

Not sure I could really shoot anyone - but I do remember being so scared I sat up in my bed all night with the loaded gun in my hand -- That night was probably 15 yrs ago and I have changed a lot since then so I am just not sure what I would really really do - I know that deep down in my heart I would not want to shoot anyone - but I just might if they intended harm to my family - (daughter & 2 grand daughters) and some will laugh but my dogs -- you better NOT mess with my girls!!

Uneek i have been saying this for years quietly of course. In all honesty i used to think that there would be a war coming between the blacks and the whites, then as things changed i thought maybe i was wrong it will be against the Mexicans but then our govt starting showing its hand to bring this country down to the likes of Rome and we all know what there. Please understand that people who have a closed mindset is because a thought of a revolution against our on govt here in the United States is unthinkable, why because this is the US and things like that is not supposed to happen here. Our Govt, Our Constitution, Our Bill of Rights, all this was written to protect us not destroy us. One by one people are waking up to what real and seeing for themselves. Peoples mindset is this is not a third world country, we don't have to worry about dictators or vengence by our govt for restriction of rights over the people.......But hey its been coming for years, QUIETLY of course so as not to attract attention. Branches of our govt, Executive, Judicial, and Legistlative have been slowly doing away with the citizens rights and this way mass rejection will not be felt or heard. One law or one amendment at a time hidden in other important passage of bills to become laws.........I personally do not think they will get the American citizens to turn in their weapons, what i think is ammo will be outlawed and will become non existant to find therefore all guns will be useless........ THERE IS A PROVISION IN THE CONSTITUTION THAT SAYS THE PEOPLE CAN DISOLVE THE GOVT OF CORRUPTION AND FORM A NEW ONE IF THEY WOULD ONLY BAN TOGETHER......EVERYONE ELECTED LEADER IN WAHSINGTON COULD BE REMOVED AND REPLACED.....what will it take it will take all of America standing together and saying enough of your self centered BS, YOUR FIRED.......JMO

• Upvote 1

Here is an article about his ordeal.

http://www.inlander....ts-the-fda.html

Sounds to me like the family may have a case.

I mean, what have they got to lose? Furthermore, FDA doesn't regulate nutritional supplements.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun by not reading the WHOLE story, but it just seems that any lament could add it up and see that the raid/investigation is baseless.

Unless the "victim" has "other things" going on, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Two sides to every story.