Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OBAMA IN Afghanistan !

captspiffy

While I like your fervor about an apparent RV/RI, this circumstance really has nothing to do with it. Obama is Commander in Chief and at times likes to visit troops that are carrying out his orders to boost morale. This is a common occurence and will continue to occur throughout the existence of the American military. The dinar WILL RV , and hopefully soon, but not because Obama is in Afghanistan.

Obama doesn't give a crap about our Military... come on, they (being left-wing Radicals) LOATH the Military.... their words, not mine. IF he is there then it has everything to do with the RV and his photo-op cashing in on the credit. Nothing more.

Navy Veteran

USS Independence CV62

Here's the link ... he did make surprise visit and is there today

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/28/obama.afghanistan/index.html?hpt=T1

(CNN) -- President Obama made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Sunday. March 28, 2010 1:24 p.m. EDT

The president left his Camp David, Maryland, retreat for the trip and flew to Afghanistan on Air Force One, landing at Bagram Air Base at 7:24 p.m. (around 11 a.m. ET).

Obama then flew on a helicopter to the Presidential Palace for a meeting with Afghanistan's president, Hamid Karzai.

The two presidents took part in a 10-minute arrival ceremony before walking into the palace. In a briefing with pool reporters on the trip, National Security Adviser James Jones said Obama would push Karzai to improve efforts to meet benchmarks for better governance in his second term, which began last year.

According to Jones, Obama planned to point out that more attention was needed to certain issues -- such as a merit-based system for appointing key government officials, battling corruption and taking on narcotics trafficking that helps fund insurgents.

The trip came after what has been perhaps the most successful week of Obama's presidency, in which he signed into law a comprehensive health care bill -- his top domestic priority -- and announced plans to sign a new nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia on April 8.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Afghan authorities were notified of Obama's trip on Thursday. The president previously postponed a trip to Indonesia and Australia, planned for March 21 to 26, in order to see through passage of the health care bill.

Since taking office, Obama has ordered the deployment of an additional 30,000 troops to Afghanistan while also saying he planned for combat forces to start coming home in July 2011.

Karzai has said that by the end of 2010, Afghan security forces will be able to take over some security responsibilities from international forces. By the end of his second term in 2014, Karzai has said, he would like his government to have full responsibility for security.

Karzai emerged victorious from August presidential elections that were marred by widespread fraud. Two months after the vote, a U.N.-backed panel of election monitors threw out nearly a third of Karzai's votes, citing fraud. Left short of a majority, Karzai agreed to a runoff with challenger Abdullah Abdullah, but Abdullah withdrew just before the runoff vote.

The trip is Obama's second to Afghanistan. He first traveled there in 2008, four months before his victory in the election that made him president. On that visit, part of a broader trip that included the Middle East, Obama traveled to eastern Afghanistan to meet with U.S. forces and also met with Karzai.

As a Vietnam Veteran I understand the position of the Commander-In-Chief visiting his troops. Like someone said earlier he don't like America let alone our military. How many trips has he been on before "Just to boost morale". He has alternative motives. I suspect Afghanistan is a side bar trip or a smoke screen to his trying to get Iraq RI done so he can fund his huge fiasco of this HC Bill ( pay off some bribes.. oh I meant promises to some of the constituency). We will see how this plays out and if we willl be blessed even though political powers around the world have their hands in the mix.

I find it interesting that after the election results and the ensuing turmoil with some of Allawi's party being arrested or having warrants issued for their arrest (seemingly by Maliki, in an attempt to stay in power??) President Obama would decide to make a surprise visit to Afghanistan. The RV may be one of the reasons he is there but I think it is more likely to bring some political pressure on Iraq to settle the situation before it gets out of control.