Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just a Crazy idea,that could work!

delta22

Here's a thought ,elected politicians are there to represent the people that put them in office and not their own crazy or bought agendas. Here's a way to enforce this and eliminate lobbyist and outside influence ! Before any major vote that affects the people there should be a poll ( internet,phone ) and what ever majority prevails that is what the senator congress person or other politician must vote. Not his concience ( since we all know is lacking or his opinion,which is paid for ) but what the majority decides. The same goes for all officials, we need to remember they are " Public Servants " and we need to start treating them as such . What happend that now we are letting the maids and butler (if you will ) tell us how to run our household . Enough already lets stop pampering our servants and make them work ,no more perks that we don't have for ourselves . Lets save billions by doing away with all this extra security, NO one is irreplacable ! Not even the Head Butler ( president ) Elected politicians should be afraid,it's one way of keeping them honest ! And if you have ever been stuck in gridlock or traffic jams because some politicians motorcade well I don't think his time is more important than mine ! Well I could go on but my anger is rising and it's getting harder not to use language that offends the mods. So I will call it quits .

• Upvote 9

Excellent point delta, I feel the same way. I think you just said what most people think, but do not say. More people need to get the attitude that politicians are public "servants". The only way to shake up Washington is to vote NO INCUMBENTS. That's the only way to show them who is boss. Otherwise, we will keep getting what we always get.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a thought ,elected politicians are there to represent the people that put them in office and not their own crazy or bought agendas. Here's a way to enforce this and eliminate lobbyist and outside influence ! Before any major vote that affects the people there should be a poll ( internet,phone ) and what ever majority prevails that is what the senator congress person or other politician must vote. Not his concience ( since we all know is lacking or his opinion,which is paid for ) but what the majority decides. The same goes for all officials, we need to remember they are " Public Servants " and we need to start treating them as such . What happened that now we are letting the maids and butler (if you will ) tell us how to run our household . Enough already lets stop pampering our servants and make them work ,no more perks that we don't have for ourselves . Lets save billions by doing away with all this extra security, NO one is irreplaceable ! Not even the Head Butler ( president ) Elected politicians should be afraid,it's one way of keeping them honest ! And if you have ever been stuck in gridlock or traffic jams because some politicians motorcade well I don't think his time is more important than mine ! Well I could go on but my anger is rising and it's getting harder not to use language that offends the mods. So I will call it quits .

Good strategy that could be effective- provided that the method being used to cast votes is 100% secure.Internet can be hacked, what would be the method for counting those votes accurately that are called in etc. :twothumbs:

I could see ways of making that work.....The public staying informed

on issues might be a stumbling block, but if they arent they get the

Govt they are ignorant of.

Right now, certain people in congress have been working on Term Limits,

eliminating Lobbyists, and random pork or riders on legislation.

Good strategy that could be effective- provided that the method being used to cast votes is 100% secure.Internet can be hacked, what would be the method for counting those votes accurately that are called in etc. :twothumbs:

First thing....Legislation would have to be kept to a minimum

which aint a bad thing....this sort of polling would take time to complete.

A permanent standardized polling place would have to be set up in

several places in each district, as they are now.

The voting machine could be as simple as an ATM type device, so no

personnel required....ID would obviously be needed to use the device.

A receipt would be necessary, to keep everyone honest....Im not sure

how to get around the anonymity of our current voting....

Thats about as far as I've thought it out.

First thing....Legislation would have to be kept to a minimum

which aint a bad thing....this sort of polling would take time to complete.

A permanent standardized polling place would have to be set up in

several places in each district, as they are now.

The voting machine could be as simple as an ATM type device, so no

personnel required....ID would obviously be needed to use the device.

A receipt would be necessary, to keep everyone honest....Im not sure

how to get around the anonymity of our current voting....

Thats about as far as I've thought it out.

I agree.I believe its time to go back to basics , too many laws and restrictions point to America being a country not hardly recognizable to those of us who have been around a bit.I would like my kids and grand kids know the America we grew up in.Often times my son looks at me a little sideways , wondering what I speak of when me and his mom talk about how so much has changed in retrospect.

Great ideas but, while we are at it, can we:

1. Limit terms (1 or 2 is enough)

2. Limit the congressional pension (full pension for 1 term in office?, get real)

3. Add congress to social security (its good enough for us)

4. If we have to have a national health care, include congress in it

5. Give Congress an hourly wage like most of us have (The average national hourly wage should be sufficient)

6. 2 to 3 weeks vacation a year should be enough for them to relax plus holidays

7. END PARTISIAN POLITICS ON ELECTION DAY (They are the U.S. Congress, Not the Democratic or Republican Congress)

These are just some of my crazy ideas. Anyone have any more?

• Upvote 2

Paint lobbyists florescent orange.

Drug testing for all federal employees (from the POTUS to privates).

Anyone running for elected office must pass the civil service exam and those results must be publicly posted.

Congress is only paid by a set fee for each issue successfully resolved.

• Upvote 1

My two cents. Just get rid of the Electoral Votes and let the peoples vote count. Nice post Delta

My two cents. Get rid of the Electoral Votes and go with the vote of the peoples. Good post Delta.

• Upvote 2