Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Commission unveils an agreement on the deletion of zeros

yota691

Commission unveils an agreement on the deletion of zeros

09/07/2012 0:00

BAGHDAD - Al Sabah

said a member of the parliamentary finance committee that all parties involved to study the project to delete the zeros from the currency in line with each other and there is no objection to the project. said Secretary Hadi's (Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network) The his committee "and the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank do not have any problem to the project to delete the three zeroes from the currency to be considered a project aimed at improving the economy." Hadi added that "the Finance Committee recommended the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank to develop a plan to ensure non- forging the new currency in the inside or outside the country, "noting that" the central bank was able to answer the queries made ​​against him by all parties concerned to delete the zeros on the draft. "The government decided last week to wait to apply the draft deletion of zeros from the currency as a result of economic problems and described the expected occurrence by the process of deletion of zeros. http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=30816 Hey Keep a LOP doesn't improve the Economy!! :lol:

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 6

"the Finance Committee recommended the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank to develop a plan to ensure non- forging the new currency in the inside or outside the country, "

Why are they worried about forging of the new currency when it has 36 security features? The most secure in the world.

Thanks Yota

You wonder how many committees are going to examine and give their opinion on whether to remove the zeros or not. If it was just a matter of changing the look of the currency or an accounting process, there wouldn't be much discussion.

Committee Meeting:

"I vote we keep the zeros. I like the way the currency looks."

"Me too. Plus you can draw faces on the currency by using the zeros."

"Well, I don't like them! There are too many of then when I go to write a check."

"I'm with you! We've got to remove the zeros. By the time I finish my accounting sheets, it looks like a binary code project!"

"You guys are crazy! How can you impress the women when they ask how much money you have! 'Oh, I have about 1000 dinar.' But if she asks me now I can say, 'I'm a millionaire!' Nope. I don't want to change."

There is something wrong with that picture. Now if there was substance and a change of value to make stronger, then the committee would have some worth.

Redenomination is sometimes used to indicate that era of failed economic policies has come to an end and that the economy is poised to start on a new slate. This helps to ' increase confidence in the economy' ( improve ) sends a signal to both the local community and the international markets that high inflation and general macro-economic instability are a thing of the past.

• Upvote 1

Redenomination is sometimes used to indicate that era of failed economic policies has come to an end and that the economy is poised to start on a new slate. This helps to ' increase confidence in the economy' ( improve ) sends a signal to both the local community and the international markets that high inflation and general macro-economic instablity are a thing of the past.

[/quoted]

IMO, an increase in the economy is a increase in the purchasing power of the dinar for the

average citizen.