Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki Political Crisis Makes World Wide News

Ok so we (I included) have not bought into Maliki being kicked out, I have reason to believe he is indeed going. the true question we asked is, it would make world-wide news if it was true, well here it is world wide! I think it may be safe to say he is on thin ice and it appears to be cracking beneath him! this came to me on my Sunday visit to my mothers and she mentioned she heard Iraq was ousting its PM, she is not involved in dinar, and does not car about world politics except when it threatens her family and since I was there for close to 5 years and my brother is now serving she was hoping it would not mean US Troops going back in. I was more concerned with the fact she seen it on tv!

don't raise your glasses yet I have not read these articles I was just skimming them!

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/religious-edict-seen-as-1451583.html from Atlanta Journal Constitution

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Jun-04/175569-iraqs-political-crisis-escalates-with-calls-for-maliki-to-go.ashx#axzz1wmXpB7Iu daily star out of the UK

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/religious-edict-aiding-embattled-iraq-pm-16486004 ABC news in America

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012%5C06%5C03%5Cstory_3-6-2012_pg4_6 Pakistan Daily

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/02/iraqi-figures-show-slight-growth-in-death-toll/ fox News

so we have from 5 news sources, in the us we have fox and CBS, which are opposing views on politics, so safe to say these are trusted and news worthy!

• Upvote 5

Ok so we (I included) have not bought into Maliki being kicked out, I have reason to believe he is indeed going. the true question we asked is, it would make world-wide news if it was true, well here it is world wide! I think it may be safe to say he is on thin ice and it appears to be cracking beneath him! this came to me on my Sunday visit to my mothers and she mentioned she heard Iraq was ousting its PM, she is not involved in dinar, and does not car about world politics except when it threatens her family and since I was there for close to 5 years and my brother is now serving she was hoping it would not mean US Troops going back in. I was more concerned with the fact she seen it on tv!

don't raise your glasses yet I have not read these articles I was just skimming them!

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/religious-edict-seen-as-1451583.html from Atlanta Journal Constitution

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Jun-04/175569-iraqs-political-crisis-escalates-with-calls-for-maliki-to-go.ashx#axzz1wmXpB7Iu daily star out of the UK

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/religious-edict-aiding-embattled-iraq-pm-16486004 ABC news in America

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012%5C06%5C03%5Cstory_3-6-2012_pg4_6 Pakistan Daily

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/02/iraqi-figures-show-slight-growth-in-death-toll/ fox News

so we have from 5 news sources, in the us we have fox and CBS, which are opposing views on politics, so safe to say these are trusted and news worthy!

And if their information is correct, as I assume it is ( I did read them) it may very well be the proverbial " fly in the ointment" that Maliki needs. Would Sadr go against the ruling of his spiritual mentor? My guess is no, and possibly back to square one. I really hope I'm wrong on this one!

And if their information is correct, as I assume it is ( I did read them) it may very well be the proverbial " fly in the ointment" that Maliki needs. Would Sadr go against the ruling of his spiritual mentor? My guess is no, and possibly back to square one. I really hope I'm wrong on this one!

well rss, I think you will have agree with the fact that, it should now be considered a very real threat, prior to this, all we had was Iraqi news, as we all know is less reliable then the game of telephone. so lets take it for what it is really saying, if M don't make things right, he won't be PM much longer. I have always agreed with Adam about that, if M was truly being kicked to the curb, like the chick who put out at prom, then why isn't it on major news networks world wide. well now it is....

• Upvote 1

actually it's the same AP story being carried by these five different sources. the exact same story about the shite cleric chastizing sadr for getting involved in "secular" affairs. i don't see sadr caving at this point but no where is it mention that malik is out.

This is an articleI posted that was published a week ago by David Ignatius of the Washington Post.

Syria's neighbors in chaos

David Ignatius

The Washington Post

May 27, 2012

Like the Middle East in some cases, a series of interconnected wired explosives and would explode together - and that seems especially true now in Syria and its neighbors. There is political instability in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, with the continuation of the Arab spring in his second year. In each of these countries, leaders maintain power balance of the movement. And only in Turkey, with Mtheltha of a strong economy and military and political leadership, appear to be real stable. And fear of the bombing of the region - and produce more of the war Sunni - Shia - is one of the reasons behind the Obama administration's decision to refrain from arming the Syrian opposition. Officials fear that the militarization of the conflict, without Syria's allies, can be relied upon, or a clear strategy to end the game, that could lead to unintended consequences such as that occurred as a result of the Iraq war.

Officials expect the U.S. administration that the plan fails to Kofi Annan, but they do not want to abandon efforts Alkurtir the previous year after the United Nations. It is best to leave three hundred observers to UN to travel to Syria, they reason, and perhaps encourage a new round of protests, which will show that the rule of President Bashar al-Assad is cursed.

What makes this era of the Arab Revolt is that very complex patterns of the new liberation and emancipation, which reached a climax in the last week in Egypt's presidential elections, is that it has become a mixed ethnic Balahakad old. And analysts from Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, describing the growing tension in each country, considering that these factors play Adora:

Faced with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, the possible collapse of his coalition. There has been growing opposition to the potential of Moqtada al-Sadr, the Shiite militia leader, and Massoud Barzani, the Kurdish leader. Was threatened last month to topple Maliki, unless agreed to implement the power-sharing deal in November 2010. Sadr, a fiery cleric, is unusually sharp: "This state is under a form of dictatorship, do not want it to remain in the shadow of Prime Minister Maliki." When Barzani visited Washington last month, it was said that he warned officials of the U.S. administration: "I can not live with another dictator in Baghdad."

So far, there is still al-Maliki in power, partly thanks to the fact that he enjoys the support of anomalies from Washington and Tehran together. Perhaps negotiators agreed the Americans and the Iranians, symbolically, to be based in Baghdad for meetings on the Iranian nuclear file and in Baghdad last week. And the old phrase: "Do not bite, twice shy" look may explain the Obama administration for Iraq. The White House recommended a settlement with al-Maliki and maintain stability in Iraq, because on the one hand, he did not want to re-fueling the civil war in Iraq at the same time span in Syria.

The province of King Abdullah, Jordan is one of the provinces actually balanced at length, between the Palestinians and the West Bank, between modernity and secular Muslim reservation. He was lucky that all parties support the Hashemite monarchy, even as they quarrel over sharing the spoils. But later, has seen the growth of political maneuvering in severity. King has burned through four prime ministers in 15 months, without an agreement on the election law and other reforms. And corruption scandals have brought down three heads of the intelligence in a row, to ponder the degree to which many Jordanians, whether the problem is deep in the same position. There is increased talk about Jordan as a base for the rebels Syrians theater - which is pleased to Saudi Arabia and other Sunni forces, and that you want to bring down the lion, but it will add new risks to the king.

· It may be Lebanon's fragile sites in more than all the rest. Under Prime Minister Najib Mikati, Lebanon, the policy is: "isolation" from the battle of Syria. But standing in the middle of the ground, fading now - with anti-lion refugees who use the north-eastern Lebanon, a shelter, and Ikdhon Revenge of the labor pro-lion. An example of how a clash of sectarian and regional interactions together is the issue of Shady Maalouf, a Sunni activist who supports the opposition against Assad. He was arrested two weeks ago by the public security agency led by Shiites. According to Lebanese officials, the evidence has linked one of the Maloof prominent Qatari, who was diverting money to the insurgents in Syria.

Mikati and wants help from Washington to keep Lebanon from falling deeper into turmoil regional levels, but as far as long the fighting in Syria, it will be difficult for any of the neighbors to stay out.

Securities and one of barbarism, which could undermine everything Maaadaha, is tribal politics. Two of the major Sunni tribes, fennel and Dulaimi, extends in the north of Saudi Arabia through western Iraq, Jordan, and access to Syria. Some observers say that these tribes had sworn blood oath against Assad. And if so, has begun a crucial page of the Syrian war.

My link

Read more:

I have a feeling that getting rid of Maliki might not be as good as everybody thinks. I agree he is a d-bag of the first order, but as a poster said yesterday, the Iraqis admire a politician that stands his ground, even if what he stands for is wrong. Remember, Maliki controls the major media in the country and he does all he can to make himself look like the beleaguered champion of his people. I think there is a 50/50 replacing him with yet another crook.

I have a feeling that getting rid of Maliki might not be as good as everybody thinks. I agree he is a d-bag of the first order, but as a poster said yesterday, the Iraqis admire a politician that stands his ground, even if what he stands for is wrong. Remember, Maliki controls the major media in the country and he does all he can to make himself look like the beleaguered champion of his people. I think there is a 50/50 replacing him with yet another crook.

They can't do any worse than we did.

Got busted but I'm back.

Like anyone cares. lol

Edited by DWitte
  • Upvote 1

I agree because the underlying problem of Chapter 7 hasn't gone anywhere. I think Maliki should have followed through with his threat to take Kuwait to court to make them stop the BS and force them to drop their alligations against Iraq. I really can't understand why that hasn't been dealt with in one way or another. Iraqis cannot raise the dead any more then the Kuwaitis, and last I heard, artifacts do not magically drop out of Iraqis arss's........ so what do the Kuwaitis expect to gain?

actually it's the same AP story being carried by these five different sources. the exact same story about the shite cleric chastizing sadr for getting involved in "secular" affairs. i don't see sadr caving at this point but no where is it mention that malik is out.

no, I did not say they said he was out, I am simply bringing to light that the political unrest and the possibility that they may attempt to kick him out has made world wide news, which in my books makes that news more credible then the Iraqi news which is controlled by dictator Maliki.

just the mere fact that other non iraqi news sources are running the same story.

type into Google with the news tab open, Iraq prime minister! to get real news!

http://www.albawaba.com/editorchoice/iraq-dictator-death-squad-427920

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/politics/2012/06/iraqi-list-confirms-collection-o.html

there are 2 more links that are 2 more stories, 1 talks of the no confidence vote!

eLEMONATOR.... This is a fine post, whether it is from ap and spread around, or just one source each. Either way, Maliki needs to chit or get off the pot. I read an article yesterday regarding the Tarrifs at 20% and giving 25% to the Iraqi people which tells me on thing. Give them money, tarriff, and Tax them on the services that the government is supposed to supply in the first place, and after that the currency needs a serious overhual. My guess is the reason that the tarriff was dropped to 20% instead of the 50% a few days ago is because the article that states that the CBI is going to raise the value of the IQD 1000:1 USD very soon. Now with the WTO, the IMF, and Chp7, as well as Maliki possibly being out and new PM in, june is full of information and PUZZLE PIECES.... We just have to put them together to really get the picture that we are looking for!! This was a great post friend. +1 for your effort and due diligence! :)