Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

healthy debate to gauge what people believe

ayrnay22

So its seems with the group of members that start topics and post comments lately we could all as lord dinar says awaken so why not discuss it intelligently here where anyone can give there opinion it seems that a majority of posts lead away from the initial topic matter I'm open to any ideas such as global warming renewable energy socially exceptable behavior religion taboos etc so don't be shy give ur thoughts on a subject and let others try and expound on it it may surprise all of us what people think but don't express

• Upvote 2

So its seems with the group of members that start topics and post comments lately we could all as lord dinar says awaken so why not discuss it intelligently here where anyone can give there opinion it seems that a majority of posts lead away from the initial topic matter I'm open to any ideas such as global warming renewable energy socially exceptable behavior religion taboos etc so don't be shy give ur thoughts on a subject and let others try and expound on it it may surprise all of us what people think but don't express

Global warming is not the fault of man, we have added to it but not to the extent that Carbon taxes are needed to correct what man has done. The earth is going thru changes all the time and now is the time where everything we have known for the last 2 or 3 generation is coming to pass. Remember not to long ago few hundred years we were in a mini ice age. Carbon taxes are to make the rich get richer. Research that.

If you oppose all types of tyranny(most importantly financial tyranny) then I have a feeling everyone on this thread will be on the same side.

I'm curious to know what people's take on the federal reserve is...(No Ron Paul Supporters comment please, for obvious reasons)

I wish there was global warming cause I'm cold :(

Oh well, we'll all be dead on December 21st anyway....

Oh you didn't see? That fear propaganda was debunked recently:

http://rt.com/news/maya-calendar-guatemala-discovery-973/

Apocalypse not now: Mayan relic says 2012 not end of time

Get short URL

email story to a friend print version

Published: 11 May, 2012, 10:48

Aztec Calendar, an adaptation of the Mayan calendar, consisted of a 365-day agricultural calendar, as well as a 260-day sacred calendar. (This is a digital composite. Color added for visibility.)

Aztec Calendar, an adaptation of the Mayan calendar, consisted of a 365-day agricultural calendar, as well as a 260-day sacred calendar. (This is a digital composite. Color added for visibility.)

TAGS: Religion, History, North America

The discovery in a Guatemala jungle of a previously unknown version of the Mayan calendar offers humankind a ray of hope: the world is not going to end on December 21, 2012 and could most probably last for another billion years – or more.

­The ancient inscription is estimated to be the oldest Mayan almanac found so far. It dates back some 1,200 years, at least 600 years older than previous examples. In many ways, however, the new calendar corresponds with others.

The initial results of its study have been published in Science magazine by experts from Boston University. They say the calendar precisely describes solar and lunar cycles, as well as the motion of the brightest stars. Most probably it was used to conduct ceremonies and rituals, synchronized with the positions of celestial bodies.

The astronomical table was found in the ruins of an ancient Mayan city, lost in a rain forest at Xultun in northeastern Guatemala. It was preserved in good condition, inscribed on the walls of a tiny cell, measuring little more than half a meter square.

Its calculations say the Mayan 6,000-year-cycle does not end with doomsday, as cycles succeed one another for an unlimited period of time.

The discovery means that December21, 2012 merely marks the beginning of a new calendar cycle, not an apocalypse, as was previously thought.

On one wall of the ancient astronomers’ workshop is a Moon calendar, tracking the Moon's phases for about 13 years. The adjacent wall contains figures indicating four time spans from roughly 935 to 6,700 AD.

The walls are also adorned with portraits of kings. It is for them that the priests kept their records, to give sound advice when times demanded a tough decision.

Here's a topic that always bugs me cannibalism socially unexceptable but the donner party were forced to the movie alive involving south American soccer team shows how it possibly happened tribes still today practice it and people condemn them for it yes its perverse but why my thoughts are this in the survival aspect of it donner party soccer team they did what they had to and the guilt and shame most likely took a toll on them but if u look at the tribal aspect the did it ritualisticly or maybe because it was a prominent food source remember they are raised to believe its acceptable and u or I are raised and taught that its morally wrong ask yourself this if you had to do it to survive would you or if u were raised to believe it was ok would u question it

• Upvote 1

If you oppose all types of tyranny(most importantly financial tyranny) then I have a feeling everyone on this thread will be on the same side.

I'm curious to know what people's take on the federal reserve is...(No Ron Paul Supporters comment please, for obvious reasons)

Oh you didn't see? That fear propaganda was debunked recently:

http://rt.com/news/maya-calendar-guatemala-discovery-973/

Apocalypse not now: Mayan relic says 2012 not end of time

Get short URL

email story to a friend print version

Published: 11 May, 2012, 10:48

TAGS: Religion, History, North America

The discovery in a Guatemala jungle of a previously unknown version of the Mayan calendar offers humankind a ray of hope: the world is not going to end on December 21, 2012 and could most probably last for another billion years – or more.

­The ancient inscription is estimated to be the oldest Mayan almanac found so far. It dates back some 1,200 years, at least 600 years older than previous examples. In many ways, however, the new calendar corresponds with others.

The initial results of its study have been published in Science magazine by experts from Boston University. They say the calendar precisely describes solar and lunar cycles, as well as the motion of the brightest stars. Most probably it was used to conduct ceremonies and rituals, synchronized with the positions of celestial bodies.

The astronomical table was found in the ruins of an ancient Mayan city, lost in a rain forest at Xultun in northeastern Guatemala. It was preserved in good condition, inscribed on the walls of a tiny cell, measuring little more than half a meter square.

Its calculations say the Mayan 6,000-year-cycle does not end with doomsday, as cycles succeed one another for an unlimited period of time.

The discovery means that December21, 2012 merely marks the beginning of a new calendar cycle, not an apocalypse, as was previously thought.

On one wall of the ancient astronomers’ workshop is a Moon calendar, tracking the Moon's phases for about 13 years. The adjacent wall contains figures indicating four time spans from roughly 935 to 6,700 AD.

The walls are also adorned with portraits of kings. It is for them that the priests kept their records, to give sound advice when times demanded a tough decision.

I was being sarcastic but thanks for the post!

Here's a topic that always bugs me cannibalism socially unexceptable but the donner party were forced to the movie alive involving south American soccer team shows how it possibly happened tribes still today practice it and people condemn them for it yes its perverse but why my thoughts are this in the survival aspect of it donner party soccer team they did what they had to and the guilt and shame most likely took a toll on them but if u look at the tribal aspect the did it ritualisticly or maybe because it was a prominent food source remember they are raised to believe its acceptable and u or I are raised and taught that its morally wrong ask yourself this if you had to do it to survive would you or if u were raised to believe it was ok would u question it

You nailed it...I think it all depends on what you're taught as a child... not to say that they wouldn't grow out of it at an older age...but as a child your most vulnerable to programming because your belief system is being built. If I had to survive...I would drink my own urine...I think your body can go 3 weeks without food...it's amazing how strong we really are. I don't think I could eat another human, not even a dog... I saw a show where some guy got lost in the Amazon with his dog for 3 weeks and he ate his dog, I wanted to punch him in the face.

I was being sarcastic but thanks for the post!

Ha! Just trying to ease fear if there is any =\

My take on the I understand the carbon taxes and credits and that scaring people about global warming serves an agenda to make money but no one talks about it I've watched bill mahr have a republican say there is no global warming and a democrat say there is and the scientist said it was called a climate watch each one I believe pushes an agenda or is backed by a lobbyist fossil fuels for republicans carbon credits renewable energy for the democrats and environmentalists for the scientist they all get kick backs from there lobbyists

My take on the I understand the carbon taxes and credits and that scaring people about global warming serves an agenda to make money but no one talks about it I've watched bill mahr have a republican say there is no global warming and a democrat say there is and the scientist said it was called a climate watch each one I believe pushes an agenda or is backed by a lobbyist fossil fuels for republicans carbon credits renewable energy for the democrats and environmentalists for the scientist they all get kick backs from there lobbyists

Agreed. There's a ton of disinfo out there, these people are paid to put it out... but it usually becomes pretty clear when you discover the agenda... so...IF WE DONT CLEAN UP NOW WE WONT HAVE A PLANET! <Cough> So we need you to pay a carbon tax or else our planet will die!

You nailed it...I think it all depends on what you're taught as a child... not to say that they wouldn't grow out of it at an older age...but as a child your most vulnerable to programming because your belief system is being built. If I had to survive...I would drink my own urine...I think your body can go 3 weeks without food...it's amazing how strong we really are. I don't think I could eat another human, not even a dog... I saw a show where some guy got lost in the Amazon with his dog for 3 weeks and he ate his dog, I wanted to punch him in the face.

I saw that too and he couldn't even keep it down and was rescued the next day... idiot! lol

Ha! Just trying to ease fear if there is any =\

Exactly racism bigotry etc are all because of the environment u are brought up around and u can grow out of it or into it I have to disagree with u on the dog thing it wouldn't be my first choice but I hunt so I don't see a dog as a companion first its to help hunt or like the Indians serve a purpose sled dog pack animal and unfortunately dinner for some cultures so if it was a choice between starvationand staying alive id eat the dog and if it cane down to it I think I would eat another person but I can't see there being a situation where I would have to make that decision

I saw that too and he couldn't even keep it down and was rescued the next day... idiot! lol

Did you get as pissed as I did? I'm getting pissed just thinking about that poor little thing...they got separated, and the dog finds his way back to him...and then he eats him! WTF!

Exactly racism bigotry etc are all because of the environment u are brought up around and u can grow out of it or into it I have to disagree with u on the dog thing it wouldn't be my first choice but I hunt so I don't see a dog as a companion first its to help hunt or like the Indians serve a purpose sled dog pack animal and unfortunately dinner for some cultures so if it was a choice between starvationand staying alive id eat the dog and if it cane down to it I think I would eat another person but I can't see there being a situation where I would have to make that decision

You have a gun in your left hand, and a piece of human butt cheek in your right hand... what do you do? I'll just off myself, what's the point of living if we get to the point of a zombie type apocolypse anyway.

Did you get as pissed as I did? I'm getting pissed just thinking about that poor little thing...they got separated, and the dog finds his way back to him...and then he eats him! WTF!

You have a gun in your left hand, and a piece of human butt cheek in your right hand... what do you do? I'll just off myself, what's the point of living if we get to the point of a zombie type apocolypse anyway.

Well I'm more of the survivalist primal instinct type or maybe cause suicide is a sin if ur religious but I couldn't take my own life some say its the cowards way out I disagree but that's also something open to debate here that's the point of the topic so far its been fun but I'd like to see more involvement its early though I will wait and see

A suggestion for your posts ... punctuation ... that means things like the, comma, colon, semi-colon, Capital letter to start a sentence. period to stop a sentence ... just a suggestion that might make it easier for your readers to actually absorb what it is you are trying to say.

• Upvote 1

Global warming is not the fault of man, we have added to it but not to the extent that Carbon taxes are needed to correct what man has done. The earth is going thru changes all the time and now is the time where everything we have known for the last 2 or 3 generation is coming to pass. Remember not to long ago few hundred years we were in a mini ice age. Carbon taxes are to make the rich get richer. Research that.

Throughout the ages as the world has turned, it has slipped on its axis, and fallen over a bit every few millenia. Scientists have taken core sample beneath the ice of the Arctic and Antarctic and found the seed pods of tropical plants. They either have found, or feel they will find, fossilized remains further down. In the Russian tundra they have found fossilized gastropods, which only lived in much warmer, closer to tropical climates. The mammoth that was found, and is still partly buried in iced, and is being studied by scientists, proves that a mammal that required drier standing fodder was living in an area millenia ago that has not had that kind of vegetation since a few thousand years after the time of that mammoth.

All of these things show that the earth, at one time, was twisted around so that what we know now as ice caps were, at one time, tropical in nature. And we know from some of the formations on the ocean floor mid-Atlantic and western-Pacific, that before the days of the dinosaurs, what we know now as the equator, was, indeed, several degrees off of what it now. It was sufficiently removed that some of the evidence, suggests to some of the researchers, that the equator was closer to what we call the 49th parallel ... that imaginary line separating Canada from the United States. The Great Lakes, evidence of both magma upheaval, and then glaciation, tends to give credence to some of these theories.

So, according to such publications as the National Geographic, the Encyclopedia Brittanica, and School Board #29's current grade nine geography text (okay, I made that one up) it seems to me that we could have reason to suspect that any "climate change" that is being talked of now, and worried about, is a natural thing. If we don't want to live in what is to come we would be further ahead to start pioneering where we do want to be when the world changes are under way and perhaps even complete for several thousands, or millions, of years. Trying to stop the change is useless. Charging countries, and companies, a carbon tax is just another way to sidestep the real issue and do "nothing" about it. Money won't make this "problem" go away. People won't be able to change it.

There is a novel, a rather old novel that I have had for maybe thirty or more years. It is simply titled "Ice" ... and it is a great read that goes into the real and immediate problems of the great cold coming south from the ice caps. New York ends up under snow and ice that is almost skyscraper high. People have to learn the Eskimo ways to survive before getting back to what our modern civilization can, or could, do for us. I recommend the book highly. Try your library or on line to find one. It is one heck of a read!

That's it, my diatribe about climate.

:)

smee2

Ok, even if it were proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that adding unlimited amounts of CO2 into the into the atmosphere didn't cause any climate change, what about the other aspects of unregulated combustion? Is good old smog ok? Elevated ground level ozone, particulates and nitrogen? What shade of green would you like the sky? Do you think China "has it right" when it comes to environmental management?

Edited by magawatt

A suggestion for your posts ... punctuation ... that means things like the, comma, colon, semi-colon, Capital letter to start a sentence. period to stop a sentence ... just a suggestion that might make it easier for your readers to actually absorb what it is you are trying to say.

Sorry no computer just phone its hard to even spell correctly or edit posts with big fingers and touch screen

Ok, even if it were proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that adding unlimited amounts of CO2 into the into the atmosphere didn't cause any climate change, what about the other aspects of unregulated combustion? Is good old smog ok? Elevated ground level ozone, particulates and nitrogen? What shade of green would you like the sky? Do you think China "has it right" when it comes to environmental management?

Your right pollution is bad for people to breath in it can be an eye sore no ones addressed renewable energy or alternate power sources yet just global warming China is not a good example your right but there large population and poor standards in regard to fossil fuel consumption isn't good for the environment but it doesn't cause global warming imo

All we have to do is unleash the suppressed technology that goes back to Tesla's days, no CO2 emission with those...and it's free.

It's easier than tesla if u have running water along ur home u could be getting paid instead of paying for electricity with a hydroelectric system or u could use solar panels they cost a lot but its worth the investment or depending on were u live geothermal heating is an option

It's easier than tesla if u have running water along ur home u could be getting paid instead of paying for electricity with a hydroelectric system or u could use solar panels they cost a lot but its worth the investment or depending on were u live geothermal heating is an option

True... I think all those systems will completely wipe out the need for oil in 5-10 years... humanity has a bright future if we take care of business now.

Ok....lets see here :D

God...................Yes

Alien life............Pretty likely

Time travel........Yes, in the future

Afterlife..............Definitely

Spirits/ghosts.....Yep

Reincarnation.....I like the idea

Tesla..................One of the good guys

Edison................Power hungry

Solar panels.......Not competitive enough

Hydroelectric.......Works great

Nuclear................Works well, scary containment problems

Global warming.....Nope

Natural Earth .......Obviously

cycles

Plant more............Good idea

trees

2012 ....................Nope

catastrophe

Canabalism...........If I have to

Federal Res..........Needs to be eliminated

Oil reserves..........We have plenty

Oil driven..............Likely, for quite a while

economy

Smee2...Ice...........I have that book, Good one

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 4

Pollution wouldn't be as bad a problem if we stopped cutting all the dang trees down, we need to get back to Hemp (not pot)

production, and very few trees would have to be cut down. We know the Oil and Pulp and Paper industry is preventing such a move, but we

would have farmers back to work growing the yearly crop and then clothing manufacturing to paper to medicinal products and yes,

OIL.

We need the trees as they are the Filtration system for the planet, we don't need the "oil"...we are just taught we need it.

These are some of the changes we will make once we get those Elites out of here.

Renewable energy is being withheld from us, as are many other technologies...life can and will be much easier very soon if we can

shake off this love for money, or worthless paper.

Great topic Ayrnay

Have to disagree with u slightly on logging if done corectly its good for environment just know from my uncle who's family has logged northwest Montana for 80 plus years here is a link if u care to watch http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNrPTzw2aME0&v=NrPTzw2aME0&gl=US

I also agree with u lord on hemp its very useful but good stuartship of forests help Indians burnt sections of land to thin it and bring in fresh growth which in turn brought in game to hunt sorry if Indians is not pc for anyone here

Ok....lets see here :D

God...................Yes

Alien life............Pretty likely

Time travel........Yes, in the future

Afterlife..............Definitely

Spirits/ghosts.....Yep

Reincarnation.....I like the idea

Tesla..................One of the good guys

Edison................Power hungry

Solar panels.......Not competitive enough

Hydroelectric.......Works great

Nuclear................Works well, scary containment problems

Global warming.....Nope

Natural Earth .......Obviously

cycles

Plant more............Good idea

trees

2012 ....................Nope

catastrophe

Canabalism...........If I have to

Federal Res..........Needs to be eliminated

Oil reserves..........We have plenty

Oil driven..............Likely, for quite a while

economy

Smee2...Ice...........I have that book, Good one

What he said, except for reincarnation, unless he meant that when we die, or are raptured out of here, That we will be transformed into our "immortal bodies". (I'm looking forward to this part in the future!) :D

• Upvote 1

I think if it comes right down to it survivel instincts kick in and you do whatever you have to do to survive.

Its kinda built in. But I dont think iwould mind eating Angelina Jolie at all :P